Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-04-2006   #1
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Default Texans leading rusher at the end of 06'?

Who do you guys and gals think the leading rusher at the end of this season?
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #2
HOOK'EM
Veteran

I think Morency will end up as the starter some time this season & will have the most rushing yards.
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #3
michael123
Rookie

Default Lundy

lundy will break out as the starter and the top leauge rusher with 1500 yrds, with a run for OROY.
Old 09-04-2006   #4
pancho
Rookie

Carr
pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #5
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Could be one of those situations where both backs end up with 600-900 yards.
Old 09-04-2006   #6
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Lundy

1200 yards
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #7
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Lundy has the best chance, being the starter. I think he will break 1000, maybe get up to 1300
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-04-2006   #8
killeentexan
Rookie

Lundy 1100 yds 6 TDs
Morency 550 yds 2 TDs
Dayne 300 yds 6 TDs

Of course it remains to be seen how Dayne works out as a "short yardage" back, since he hasn't had success in that role in the past. If Kubes truly has plans for Dayne to be the goal line back then I think the numbers above are close. If Dayne doesnt work out then Lundy becomes even more attractive from a stats perspective.
killeentexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #9
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

First of all, Kubiak will not be one dimensional like the Caper days were we relied just on Domanick Davis, to carry the whole offense, it will be a one two punch dual backs morency and wali, that way other teams do not know who to key on the entire season.....Caper days are over...
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #10
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I would guess that Morency will edge out Lundy, but I am somewhat surprised that the substitution hasn't been made official already. My guess is that Morency will receive the nod sooner rather than later and will capture the Texans rushing title. IMO Morency is just the better package.
Old 09-04-2006   #11
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

wali lundy will have the yards and touchdowns
morency will have more yards than dayne
dayne will have more tds then morency

by the end of the season everyone will be throwing up the question, "imagine the one two punch of lundy and davis along with morency and dayne?!"

texans rushing game will be alright everyone
yourfavoritetexan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #12
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1007 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Lundy - he fits Kubiak's system better

But he won't dominate - Morency will have a great year, too.

Kubiak likes to keep the other teams off balance by not having one guy to key on, or one dull game plan

Thank God we don't have to endure any more "we have to execute the plan better" statements on Monday morning.....

especially when we had no plan....
Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #13
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I think it's going to be Morency.
Old 09-04-2006   #14
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

this is a tough one, but i think it will be morency
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #15
HeartofHouston
Veteran

Lundy = 1100+
Morency = 600+
Dayne = 300+
Old 09-05-2006   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

My guess is Morency. Lundy will do good this year, but will wear out towards the end of the season like all rookies do in the NFL. Morency, with a year under his belt and conditioned, will end up with the starts and a few more yards. I think he'll have a 1000-1100 yard season this year.
Old 09-05-2006   #17
AggieTexanFan
Rookie

This will really test the theory that the Denver system is a plug-in-any-player kind of system that yields a 1000+ yard back

If the Texans can do it with a 6th round rookie draft pick, it will surely confirm this considering Denver will probably do the same with an undrafted rookie.

The reason I think Lundy won the job was because he looked like what DD had done the best in the past couple of years and that was being Carr's favorite check down target.

Besides the one pass in the first preseason game that he dropped because he tried to run before he caught the ball, Lundy looked great finding the open spots for Carr to dink and dunk the ball to all day.

I like Morency's speed and burst once he makes his cuts and his blitz pick-ups, which is why I see him playing on a lot of 3rd down passing situations where he chip blocks and runs a delayed flats route.

Like Lundy can hold up though, I see him starting every game barring injury and as long as he can pick up his blocks on passing downs
AggieTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #18
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Morency. I have been saying since last year that that kid is amazing. In my opinion we should have as much of a "committee" as possible but have Morency in there for the majority. Ron Dayne will help us in the short yardage, Jameel Cook may as well. As for Lundy, well.... he is an exciting young prospect and I hope he can carry the team as well. I know that one of them will.

Old 09-05-2006   #19
Mysteryhunt
Veteran

dayne
Mysteryhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #20
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Lundy looks like a quick back that could be great in our system. Still I have yet to see him pick-up a blitz. Maybe this is something he can learn on the way.

My pick is Morency because I think he is an every down back.
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read