Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who was shocking? (Select more than 1 if you like)
Robaire Smith 71 75.53%
Seth Wand 27 28.72%
Quinton Porter 1 1.06%
Cody Pickett 3 3.19%
Sam Cowart 17 18.09%
Antoine Smith 3 3.19%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Which cuts shocked you the most?

And which do you think will end up biting us in the backside (remember Steve Foley?)

PS: Mods, can you add any big names I forgot
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #2
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
And which do you think will end up biting us in the backside (remember Steve Foley?)

I just thought we would keep Wand long enough to get past the first 5 games of the season. I guess they think Spencer is ready. At least we open at home. The cutting of R.Smith really doesn't shock me, but we are losing depth there. I hope the kid we got from Carolina can step up, and play in the rotation.

Last edited by RiotCommander; 09-03-2006 at 10:30 PM.
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got to say I'm the most disapointed with cutting Robaire Smith. I always liked his demeanor, thought he was a great run stopper, and loved his size. He seemed like such a nice guy, too.

I'm a little nervous that Kubiak is going down the slipper slope that Capers went down. Is he cutting too many of the veterans? A team of rookies works great in Madden, but can't be counted on in the NFL. Let's hope he isn't making rookie-coaching mistakes
Old 09-03-2006   #4
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I have yet to hear of Payne getting released, where that one coming from?
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #5
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

When did Payne get released?? That would suck. I'm already concerened about cutting 'Baire and Wand. Depth on either line is a premium and I'm not ta all sure about Saalam(sp?).
Old 09-03-2006   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Maybe Payne didn't get released? Thought I read that on this other post, but it was SETH Wand, not Payne. Remove that one!
Old 09-03-2006   #7
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

I have heard nothing about Payne getting cut. Do you guys have a link?
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-03-2006   #8
gtexan02
Working?

Please read the above posts before posting. It was an mistake, just waitinf ro the mods to remove it
Old 09-03-2006   #9
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd have to say Smith gettign cut was the biggest shock, as I didn't see it coming at all, but the one I was the most disappionted with was Wand being cut. I had truly started to beleive that he was coming around, espically with Sherman's help; but I quess not.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #10
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe Payne didn't get released? Thought I read that on this other post, but it was SETH Wand, not Payne. Remove that one!
dont scare me like that, i was on edge enough about losing so many already ... ro-bear, chris taylor, seth wand, sam cowart, etc. seeing payne leave would've put me in panic mode.

i cant say that i like some of the moves though. i'd much rather keep robaire than malone or johnson. i would've kept cowart also. especially with rainer and wong out, we could use another veteran linebacker. some of the others dont suprise me too much. wand didnt find his mean streak, taylor got replaced by dane, and a few others that were fairly obvious.
Old 09-03-2006   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I wanted to vote for Volek, but he wasn't on the list.

Wand......... I didn't see that one coming.
Old 09-03-2006   #12
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

R Bear and Cowart. Two guys who I didnt think would receive the boot.
Old 09-03-2006   #13
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Alright, who were the 3 that voted for Payne? He hasn't even been cut!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #14
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Robaire because of shock value. It actually looked like he made the final 53 so when I woke up and heard he was cut, it startled me and made me question if i was really that hungover.
Old 09-03-2006   #15
texflex513
All Pro

As thin as we are at the other linebacker spots i thought we would at least keep cowart... Hopefully this release is good news in that kailee wong could be back real soon.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #16
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

none they all needed to go we need to get rid of 99.97 percent of the casserly clan.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #17
trutexan02
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to trutexan02 Send a message via Yahoo to trutexan02

Quote:

I think Derek Armstrong wIll be the guy to bite us in the tail acutally. Let's not forget how when things got hairy and the TExans needed a biug gain Carr always saw Armstrong over the middle on a go route. I think Minnisota will remember him for sure.
trutexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #18
HeartofHouston
Veteran

I also think that Armstrong may go somwhere and make a good reciever but i think that the RoBear Smith cut shocked all of us.. i dont remember seeing anyone post that Smith would be cut... could be wrong but no post come to mind.
Old 09-04-2006   #19
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop
Alright, who were the 3 that voted for Payne? He hasn't even been cut!
I think we should send Payne a sympathy card.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #20
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Scooter]
i cant say that i like some of the moves though. i'd much rather keep robaire than malone or johnson. i would've kept cowart also. especially with rainer and wong out, we could use another veteran linebacker. [quote]

OK Malone make the league minimum and plays his butt off. Smith has been good in his time here, but he is not a every down player, and he does not penetrate like he used to, damn Capers defense.

We are not going to the SuperBowl this year. We need to develop, something Capers never heard of, young player that can be winner for a long time in this league.

Also with Smith on the bench, how much money would we have tied up on the DL? We already have to much money there and have to get better production from the guys playing there. I am looking forward to the DL of Weaver, Payne, Johnson, Williams. Try to run against that.

Unrelated note. Has anyone else noted the gang tackling the defense seems to be doing? Where has that been?
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read