Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-03-2006   #1
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dayne a Texan

from ffmastermind.com

http://ffmastermind.com/quickbits.php

Quote:
-- Texans to Sign Dayne; Claim Roc Alexander --
Sun Sep 3, 2006 --from FFMastermind.com

The Denver Post reports the Houston Texans have agreed to terms with RB Ron Dayne on Sunday and claimed CB Roc Alexander off waivers. Both Alexander and Dayne were released by Denver on Saturday. The Texans are coached by former Denver OC Gary Kubiak. Houston's new GM Rick Smith also came from Denver this offseason. Dayne was a mild surprise in being cut by the Broncos. He was the starting tailback at the beginning of training camp but he slid to No. 4 after a turf-toe injury. He is healthy and may start for the Texans because of an injury to RB Domanick Davis.
Edit: link from the Denver Post

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_4283422
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #2
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

O BOY........... My brain is running in circles.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #3
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

knew it.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Fair enough
Old 09-03-2006   #5
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 433 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

this is big time. i like that guy.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #6
Rodman91
Rookie

Smile

Ron Dayne is washed up. If he couldn't make it in Denver, he will make it NOWHERE!

ONE OF MANY FROM

PHILLY.COM'S EAGLES FORUM!
Rodman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodman91
Ron Dayne is washed up. If he couldn't make it in Denver, he will make it NOWHERE!

Can you site the reason he didn't make it in Denver??
Old 09-03-2006   #8
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Kubiak must be a complete idiot then huh ?
Old 09-03-2006   #9
Rodman91
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
Let's see... He was supposed to be the "power back".

Then, comes an UDFA in Mike Bell that surpasses both he (Dayne) and Tatum Bell to get the starting job.

Dayne then gets passed by another back because he may be "big" but doesn't run "big".

He's another bust.

ONE OF MANY FROM

Old 09-03-2006   #10
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

KFFL is reporting the same thing as well:

Texans | Team signs R. Dayne
Sun, 3 Sep 2006 16:07:33 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports the Houston Texans have agreed to terms with free agent RB Ron Dayne (Broncos). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Old 09-03-2006   #11
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually, I thought he was injured?
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #12
Texans>Colts
Veteran

i think this is a great move for the texans
Old 09-03-2006   #13
Rodman91
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans>Colts
i think this is a great move for the texans
Why so?

ONE OF MANY FROM

Old 09-03-2006   #14
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Let's see... He was supposed to be the "power back".

Then, comes an UDFA in Mike Bell that surpasses both he (Dayne) and Tatum Bell to get the starting job.

Dayne then gets passed by another back because he may be "big" but doesn't run "big".

He's another bust.
He had turf toe and missed some practice and the team liked what they had in Mike Bell.
Old 09-03-2006   #15
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Might not be the ideal guy, but I'm sure that he'll come in handy sometime.

I'm glad to have him.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #16
JAXwithanX
Veteran

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/pla...ort=NFL&id=983

Texans claimed RB Ron Dayne off waivers from Denver.
Score one for Rotoworld: We called it a week ago. Dayne is unlikely to start right away, but his presence somewhat deadens the value of Wali Lundy and Vernand Morency. If the young kids struggle, coach Gary Kubiak won't hesitate to go to Dayne, who knows the system. He's worth a look in deep leagues.
JAXwithanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #17
brncoz1fan
Rookie

Ron Dayne is far from washed up!! I will never understand why we never used him when we needed him. Of course he scored big for us in San Diego and Dallas last year. I believe strongly had we used him in the AFC Championship game the outcome may have been different. I am not a fan of our coach and his decisions and our RB situation is a mess right now and to get rid of an experienced back with his strength is beyond me. I HOPE HE DOES WELL IN HOUSTON!!! AND A PART OF ME HOPES THIS COMES BACK TO BITE SHANNY AND THE BRONCOS IN THE BUTT!!!
brncoz1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #18
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 170382 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

NOOOOOO. As much as I dislike the signing, if he's a Texan now so be it. I'll cheer for him. Hopefully we get Ron Dayne that played at Wisconsin and not NYG/DEN Ron Dayne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.

Last edited by PapaL; 09-03-2006 at 07:54 PM.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #19
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 170382 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
Yes, 53 attempts 270 yards and 1 touchdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #20
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
Yes, 53 attempts 270 yards and 1 touchdown.
Over 5 yards a carry; I'll take that anyday.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read