Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-03-2006   #1
football freak
Rookie

Default Possible trade on the way?

anyone else smell a trade in the works? possibly a Volek and Brown trade?
football freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #2
clandestin
Veteran

Thomas Jones
Old 09-03-2006   #3
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by football freak
anyone else smell a trade in the works? possibly a Volek and Brown trade?
maybe for a different team, but there's no way we trade for Volek considering Carr is our starter and Sage has looked pretty good at backup. even though Volek is very talented, there is no reason to give up a pick/player for him

but I wouldn't be suprised if we trade for a RB
Old 09-03-2006   #4
Snapple
Veteran

I hear most of the league is not wanting to trade for Volek because they're waiting for him to get cut instead.

He's not going to want to come here though. He wants to at least go somewhere he can be a #2. He's too good to be a #3.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd look for them to take a look at someone like Najeh Davenport. I doubt we make a trade for any backs...I don't think we need a starter, just more of a goal line/short yardage guy.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #6
football freak
Rookie

I trust kubiak to have a plan because i know we aren't set at RB or QB yet. no way we go with two of each and 4 tight ends.
football freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't get to read the titans board on a post about Volek to chargers(with a questionmark)
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-03-2006   #8
TexansJunkE
Veteran

i always liked Davenport from GB. I think he would be an Ideal big back in our system.
Old 09-03-2006   #9
Snapple
Veteran

Davenport is always injured though. It would be like putting Davis in the doghouse because he gets injured so much, only to get another injury-prone RB who is less talented than Davis. Wouldn't make that much sense to me.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #10
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansJunkE
i always liked Davenport from GB. I think he would be an Ideal big back in our system.
I like him too, lets hope we get a back and are also able to retain Taylor and Anderson on the practice squad

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #11
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 133685 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapple
Davenport is always injured though. It would be like putting Davis in the doghouse because he gets injured so much, only to get another injury-prone RB who is less talented than Davis. Wouldn't make that much sense to me.
He's been injured while carrying the load, something that we will not ask of him to do here. Most interesting offseason in our history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #12
afcman
Veteran

The Titans really messed up (again) with what they did with Volek. He won't come here though. (I'd be surprised.)
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by afcman
The Titans really messed up (again) with what they did with Volek. He won't come here though. (I'd be surprised.)
Volek isn't worth starting and he didn't have a very good preseason. VY looked better than him when he played and he wasn't even working with the first team in practice.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #14
ojthecat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by football freak
I trust kubiak to have a plan because i know we aren't set at RB or QB yet. no way we go with two of each and 4 tight ends.
We wont go with 2 RB's but we will have only 2 QB's they have done this in Denver.
Old 09-03-2006   #15
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans fans, would you all have liked McNair to come over here than Rosenfels?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #16
afcman
Veteran

Quote:
Texans fans, would you all have liked McNair to come over here than Rosenfels?
Yeah, but as a starter and that wasn't going to happen.
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #17
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansJunkE
Yeah, I like the way he really squirts through the hole...Some GB fans think he stinks though, so he may be a crappy pickup if we do indeed get him...

Oh, in case you didn't realize, I was making light of this story from his days at "the U"...
Old 09-03-2006   #18
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Davenport was released wasnt he, so we aint gon trade for him
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #19
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 133685 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23
Davenport was released wasnt he, so we aint gon trade for him
This is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #20
TexanBearkat
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to TexanBearkat

Something definitely has to be in the works either via trade or free agency at Running Back. No way we can start the season with only Lundy and Morency. Anyone else think Ron Dayne is a possibility via Free Agency, being in Denver last season he is very familiar with the system and can quickly come in here.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read