Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2006   #1
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 35273 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Game 9 Thread: Texans @ Jaguars

www.HoustonTexans.com

Gamecenter

Preview

Matchup

http://www.jaguars.com/

Old 11-12-2006   #2
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Re: Game 9 Thread: Texans @ Jaguars

1st!

Texans 27
Jaguars 21
Old 11-12-2006   #3
ansuz118
Rookie

i know this may be a few days outdated but i was reading all the comments about kubiaks interview about carr. and i just have one ? what happens if carr takes his team to the playoffs next year will he be a hero or will he still be not good enough?
ansuz118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #4
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 298503 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I just got back from Vegas and the line on this game was JAX -10.5 with an O/U of 38.5. I put money on the Texans, as I really don't see them losing by 11. They always play the Jags tough (even in JAX) and I wouldn't really be surprised by an outright victory by the Texans. I also like the over, but my wife was acting as a moderating force on my gambling habits

Texans - 21
Jags - 20
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #5
rafterticket
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansuz118 View Post
i know this may be a few days outdated but i was reading all the comments about kubiaks interview about carr. and i just have one ? what happens if carr takes his team to the playoffs next year will he be a hero or will he still be not good enough?
That's just another bridge in a long line of bridges he would have to cross. From is he even good enough to be a starting qb.......is he good enough to lead a team to a winning season.........is he good enough to get to the playoffs.........can he can he get to/win a Super Bowl.

Although he hasn't exactly done step two, I think he is on step three. I know from reading this board some people think he is still on step one.

If he can lead the team to the playoffs in the next couple of years, I'll say he's good enough. But like I said in the previous paragraph, it may not be enough for some.
Old 11-12-2006   #6
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I just got back from Vegas and the line on this game was JAX -10.5
Did they post a spread on moral victories? If we lose by two are we still winners? What if we lose by two after sitting on the ball to end the first half - does that make us losers? What if we lose by six but we are throwing into the end zone as time expires?

I guess moral victories may be too hard to handicap because of all the vagaries.

Maybe that's why I see a loss as a loss. Moral victories be hanged!
Old 11-12-2006   #7
rafterticket
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Did they post a spread on moral victories? If we lose by two are we still winners? What if we lose by two after sitting on the ball to end the first half - does that make us losers? What if we lose by six but we are throwing into the end zone as time expires?

I guess moral victories may be too hard to handicap because of all the vagaries.

Maybe that's why I see a loss as a loss. Moral victories be hanged!
Losing sucks. (That is in bold, underlined and italicized.) Period. But I'll sure take the way the team lost last week vs. the St. Louis loss last year.

I have never seen a football team fold so quickly in so short a period of time. I was embarrassed for every one of those guys, and felt absolutely no hope for that team.

This year's team fought last week and played like a football team, and I was disappointed for them, but not embarrassed. I believe in the future.

I am sure someone has said something about moral victory, but I haven't ran across it. Moral victory is a sports term for denial.
Old 11-12-2006   #8
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 298503 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Did they post a spread on moral victories? If we lose by two are we still winners?
If, by "we", you mean me collecting cash from Vegas bookies, then yes (besides, I keep shelling out for season tix, the least they can do is help reimburse me!)

Hey, we're not a good team. we all know that. The one team I always feel like we can pull one out against, however, is the Jags. Maybe I'm a homer, but we have beat them more often than not, so far.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

QUOTE=Wolf;495266]any word on if Mathis is playing?

I would think so being Sheppard was released.

anyway injury report shows only

Quote:
HOU
OUT
MLB DaShon Polk (Knee)

QUESTIONABLE
DT Lional Dalton (Ankle)

PROBABLE C Drew Hodgdon (Back)
T Ephraim Salaam (Ankle)
DE Anthony Weaver (Knee)
DE Mario Williams (Foot)

http://www.nfl.com/injuries
?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #10
southtexan
Veteran

Texans 28
Jaguars 17
Old 11-12-2006   #11
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2062 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 24
Jacksonville 21

Kris Brown nails a 34 yarder
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #12
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrian View Post
Kris Brown nails a 34 yarder
Yeah right, don't push it now!
Old 11-12-2006   #13
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Just reported out of JAX, Barnes will NOT play......awesome, lets go Dline
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #14
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep I saw it

wait and see I guess.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #15
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Did any of you guys catch Mort on NFL gameday preview? He said that Carr was missing big plays due to "playing it safe" and to watch out for Rosenfels.
I bet that made your day.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #16
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Did any of you guys catch Mort on NFL gameday preview? He said that Carr was missing big plays due to "playing it safe" and to watch out for Rosenfels.
I did. However, he was struggling with the delivery of it and got the sense that he was regurgitating hearsay rather than reporting or providing editorial. Interesting nonetheless.
Old 11-12-2006   #17
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

GO TEXANS!!!! Its the best time of the week. houston texansssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssss football. Beat The Jags! Beat the JAgs! Beat the Jags!

Houston-24
Jax13

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #18
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
QUOTE=Wolf;495266]any word on if Mathis is playing?

I would think so being Sheppard was released.

anyway injury report shows only

http://www.nfl.com/injuries
?
the big one for me is Stroud being out for the Jax defence.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #19
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

1 hour ...
Old 11-12-2006   #20
Stampede
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Stampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballotStampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Texans by a whisker! Welcome back Mr. Wong. Play every game like it's your last, David. Skip breakfast Mario! Turn em loose Coach. We fans want a W today.
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read