Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2006   #1
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 20113 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Game 3 Thread: Redskins @ Texans

www.HoustonTexans.com

Gamecenter

Preview

Matchup

http://www.redskins.com/

Old 09-23-2006   #2
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I am predicting a few things. Dayne gets 2 TDS. Mario gets his first sack. Carr is sacked 3 times or less. The Texans win the game with a score 24-21.
Old 09-23-2006   #3
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

im liking our chances. after facing 2 very tough defenses, i think our offense should we well prepared. washingtons d is pretty good too but not in the same class of phill'ys and indy's. i think carr will have another strong week coming back at home, and our defense steps up big. ill take houston
Old 09-23-2006   #4
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

If Carr is sacked 2 or less times & the run game workes we can win, however, I doubt either happens.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006   #5
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFanInCC View Post
im liking our chances. after facing 2 very tough defenses, i think our offense should we well prepared. washingtons d is pretty good too but not in the same class of phill'ys and indy's. i think carr will have another strong week coming back at home, and our defense steps up big. ill take houston
Well..Indy's D isn't tough, its just that we're not that good just yet, but we're getting there....Indy = soft.

But yeah, I also, like our chances...I say 24-14 Texans win.
Old 09-23-2006   #6
BlueThunder
Veteran

I'm guessing Brunell will destroy this pittiful secondary..Even with that mess of a WR crew.They still have weapons and like to use Moss out of the backfield..They have one of the best defense's in the league and even with a weak cb tandem they find ways to put Sean Taylor in position to take games over..He's a flat out head hunter..:brickwall
BlueThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #7
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder View Post
I'm guessing Brunell will destroy this pittiful secondary..Even with that mess of a WR crew.They still have weapons and like to use Moss out of the backfield..They have one of the best defense's in the league and even with a weak cb tandem they find ways to put Sean Taylor in position to take games over..He's a flat out head hunter..:brickwall
I watched the Dallas game. The only reason Sean Taylor is headhunting is because apparently, the one on his shoulders doesn't work properly. I hope it continues. Anyway...I've got to go to bed so I can get up early and do some tailgating.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-24-2006   #8
Andrew8028
waterboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269 View Post
I watched the Dallas game. The only reason Sean Taylor is headhunting is because apparently, the one on his shoulders doesn't work properly. I hope it continues. Anyway...I've got to go to bed so I can get up early and do some tailgating.
Sean taylor is a flat out stud. If you're going to the game tomorrow, check out how freakishly huge he is for a safety and how fast he is. I just hope that Brunell doesn't continue to blow.
Andrew8028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #9
Diehardskinfan05
Rookie

good luck today.. should be a good game.. i see a lot of you guys feel this will be a winnable game.. i even read that some of you guys believe the texans will blow us out... which i can assure you WONT happened.. in the end i believe the skins will win simply because this team has more to lose today and they will come out fighting unlike the last few weeks.. but who knows? texans very well could pull out a win today at home.. just wait and see
Diehardskinfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #10
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

texans, stack the linebackers on our right side. mario's going to dominate the left side running attack against jansen, but i'm worried about babin going against samuals in the running game now that portis is back. the 'skins interior line is vulnerable so i hope to see a lot more man coverage and atleast 1 LB blitzing at all times. on offense, we need to establish carr. no roll outs in the beginning, nothing fancy, just give him quick passes from the get-go to start our attack and run from there. the offense opens up when moulds and AJ can catch & run. during passing downs, someone stays to assist the right side. i dont care if it's a back or a TE, the right side is never left alone. if a sack comes in from the left, we accept it & move on, but we reinforce the right side.

on the d-line, i want peek, babin, & payne in the game as much as humanly possible. we win if brunell loses, and those are the guys that are going to do the damage. sub peek in for greenwood and bring him around the DE ... i really want to see peek and babin rush at the same time.

as long as we avoid the stupid mistakes (fumbled snaps, rookie fumbles, running into eachother in coverage), this game is winable. blitz 5 at all times, but disguise where #5 is coming from. pass to open up the run. score early and get the crowd involved. we can win this. my tivo's already setup to record the texans' first win of 06.
Old 09-24-2006   #11
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

great gameplan, submit it to Kubiak before kickoff , maybe he will listen, other than that, enjoy the game
Old 09-24-2006   #12
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans win 24 -21.
'Nuff said.
Old 09-24-2006   #13
Texans86
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer View Post
great gameplan, submit it to Kubiak before kickoff , maybe he will listen, other than that, enjoy the game
I bet Kubiak is here on a regular basis looking for tips. I do agree with your assessment Scooter, good plan.
Old 09-24-2006   #14
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans win 17-10. Mario gets a sack. David gets brought down three times. AJ with a long receiving TD and Dayne with a goalline TD. Kris Brown makes a 30-40 yarder. DeMeco gets 7 tackles, 1 INT.
Old 09-24-2006   #15
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

i respectfully disagree with our approach to the game offensively. i think that the texans should come out throwing, stretch that d out. the thing with brunell though...i'd like to see the texans throw out a couple of all-out blitzes...something to make brunell rattled.
Old 09-24-2006   #16
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully it doesn't turn out like I think. We are missing two starting linemen on a line that wasn't good to begin with....31-13 Skins is my call.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #17
Jwwillis
All Pro

I dont see the game scheduled on Fox. what channel is the game on???
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #18
Jwwillis
All Pro

nm i found it...whew
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #19
Texans86
All Pro

Dang, no game in Waco. I hate Fox.
Old 09-24-2006   #20
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

The game needs to start. I am dying for our first win!
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read