Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-02-2006   #1
Dime
Hall of Fame

Default IMO - Areas we dont need to bring in talent for.

The following are the places I feel we are set at. Only bring in someone big.

C
RB
TE
DE
MLB

The rest could use at least one on depth.

What do you think?
Old 09-02-2006   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we're good at DT as well.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #3
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

imho we could still use a fb that can block, i think losing luchey was a mistake, I just saw denver released dayne, how does he match up wth our other rb's?
Old 09-02-2006   #4
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

They seem to be pretty happy with the Safeties also so you can probably put that down.
Old 09-02-2006   #5
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime

C
RB
TE
DE
MLB

What do you think?
I would say outside of your list the next strongest position would be WR... following that i would say OG we need T and DB's bad mostly at both safety spots and another OLB wouldnt hurt. MLB is kinda thin since we didnt keep cowart.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #6
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer
imho we could still use a fb that can block, i think losing luchey was a mistake, I just saw denver released dayne, how does he match up wth our other rb's?
Dayne's toe is injury is slowing him down bigtime...
Old 09-02-2006   #7
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim

FWIW, Duane Starks is out there ... released by Da Raiders. Did a lil punt/KO return too.
Old 09-02-2006   #8
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachJim
FWIW, Duane Starks is out there ... released by Da Raiders. Did a lil punt/KO return too.
Starks had some good years...i would give him a try....and willie middlebrooks as well.
Old 09-02-2006   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I think RB we could use somebody else. I don't like having 3 guys with a total of 1 year NFL experience.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #10
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

?

this thread baffles me. you can never, EVER be too deep. EVER. that's basically the mantra of our new regime of coaching/management (Kubiak/Smith). if theres somebody better at ANY position, get em over here.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #11
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer
The best FB available is Beasley

I'm pretty confident in our receiving core, that should go on the list. Alot of teams are looking for an OLB, that seems to be a rare position in this football age (Talentwise).

Most of the running backs available are prone to injury, but hey, what do we have to lose right?
Old 09-03-2006   #12
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

do yall think Marcus Vick is gonna be picked up by someone

im not sayin that we should pick him, but i wanna see if he can turn him self around, cause he has alot of talent, and i wanna see what he can do
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23

im not sayin that we should pick him, but i wanna see if he can turn him self around, cause he has alot of talent, and i wanna see what he can do
I don't think he will. He's had too many problems. The only team I could see picking him up is the Falcons to be with his brother, but I see that as a slim chance. I think Vick will wind up playing in the CFL or the Arena League and will get another shot in the NFL in a few years from now if he's able to turn his life around. If not, well maybe him and Maurice Clarett can become best buds.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #14
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

lol, they could be roommates in prison
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #15
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime

C
RB
TE
DE
MLB

What do you think?

As good as we have looked in the preseason I'm not really over the losing of last year. So until I see us put it all together on the field when it really counts. I'm not really ready to write anything down in stone. At least we actually have some depth this year so if Lundy isn't producing Morency can come in and so on.

I think our running game and defense are whats going to up us above water this year so lets hope that both have a good game vs the Eagles!
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #16
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23
Absolutely. The Davie Police Department runs a lot of patrols right around the Dolphins' practice facility. I'm sure they'll pick him up soon.

Seriously, I think this guy's destined for Canada or his brother's pool house. There are too many talented natural WRs and more experienced traditional QBs for him to be worth the potential trouble. If he had a different last name, we'd just be saying, "dang, too bad for Brock Berlin, ya know?"
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read