Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-02-2006   #1
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Citadel @ Texas A&M

I just got back from the parade and I can't wait for the game at 6 o'clock. I will be on my way here in a moment. Midnight yell was awesome last night and I can really feel that we are ready for the season. Should be a good game, hope we don't get too carried away in our beating.

Gig'em!
Old 09-02-2006   #2
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Awesome, let us know how everybody looks tonight, the game isnt on in Dallas. I think McGee's gonna be a good one.
Old 09-02-2006   #3
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 78148 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

The Citadel has a football team? That is like Texas scheduling Sam Houston State and North Texas. What a waste of 3 hours.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #4
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Aggies WIN... 35 to 3!

Our team looked exceptional tonight. McGee lost concentration when under pressure but who wouldn't. There were no glaring holes in either our DL or our OL.... the Bulldogs only obtained penetration when they sent major pressure. Our secondary looked average, but they had slight problems due to inexperience (we are starting two rookie corners). We will be causing problems for defenses due to our passing game, and our running game is on par. Courtney Lewis (tailback) had an excellent game. The Citadel has a mobile QB which gave us some problems, but thats college for you. When we applied pressure we either caused incompletions or sacks, which is good of course. All in all we look like an above average football team to start the season. Let's hope that by the end of the season our rookies will be less green and we will not lose anyone due to injuries. UT can't overlook this team anymore.

P.S. - I love these games. We (the 12th Man) caused multiple penalties. Being in this stadium truely is an experience. 70,000 people there at 85% capacity. That is amazing.

Gig'em!
Old 09-03-2006   #5
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13
Aggies WIN... 35 to 3!

Our team looked exceptional tonight. McGee lost concentration when under pressure but who wouldn't. There were no glaring holes in either our DL or our OL.... the Bulldogs only obtained penetration when they sent major pressure. Our secondary looked average, but they had slight problems due to inexperience (we are starting two rookie corners). We will be causing problems for defenses due to our passing game, and our running game is on par. Courtney Lewis (tailback) had an excellent game. The Citadel has a mobile QB which gave us some problems, but thats college for you. When we applied pressure we either caused incompletions or sacks, which is good of course. All in all we look like an above average football team to start the season. Let's hope that by the end of the season our rookies will be less green and we will not lose anyone due to injuries. UT can't overlook this team anymore.

P.S. - I love these games. We (the 12th Man) caused multiple penalties. Being in this stadium truely is an experience. 70,000 people there at 85% capacity. That is amazing.

Gig'em!
I was there as well, here are my thoughts from the first deck 50 yard line (i'm old).

4 fumbles is terrible in any game. Luckily we were playing The Citadel. we can't do that again and expect to win so easily.

It gets louder. That was pretty much nothing.

The new screen is awesome. It really puts the old one to shame. I'm lucky I won't be graduating til next December so I get two seasons worth of that thing.

McGee looked good. Room for improvement on his pass accuracy.

Mark Dodge is a 25 (maybe 23) year old beast. He has a great story too. Served in Iraq.

Goodson is going to be great if he can hold on to the frieken ball!
Old 09-03-2006   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Look at the new smiley

Quote:
Aggies WIN... 35 to 3!

Gig'em!
Wow, you scored 35 on the Citadel? THE Citadel? I'm trembling like a crackhead in Utah...
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #7
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
Wow, you scored 35 on the Citadel? THE Citadel? I'm trembling like a crackhead in Utah...
A classic Longhorn. Lacking both class and purpose. I still like you since you are Texans fan, though.... and that is all that is important. (on here)
Old 09-03-2006   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A classic Longhorn. Lacking both class and purpose. I still like you since you are Texans fan, though.... and that is all that is important. (on here)
Did you check the scoreboards yesterday? 56-7.
Old 09-03-2006   #9
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
Did you check the scoreboards yesterday? 56-7.
Wow. You gave up a TD? Pathetic! Vince Young would have never let that happen!

On a more serious note.... you played North Texas. Come on dude. Most of the people there are librarians. Congratulations. Go watch the game on your new "over-compensatingtron" video screen. Make sure they turn the sound on so you dont have to read anything.
Old 09-03-2006   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Whether its Spring/Westfield or UT/A&M...you're in for a looong year.
Old 09-03-2006   #11
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Wow. You gave up a TD? Pathetic! Vince Young would have never let that happen!

On a more serious note.... you played North Texas. Come on dude. Most of the people there are librarians. Congratulations. Go watch the game on your new "over-compensatingtron" video screen. Make sure they turn the sound on so you dont have to read anything.
The Citadel isn't going to a National Championship anytime soon.
Old 09-03-2006   #12
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
Whether its Spring/Westfield or UT/A&M...you're in for a looong year.
I never liked Spring football. Would have rather watched our girls Basketball team go to State....

I am not effected by the UT clout. A&M never gets any attention in the media and I like it that way. We will have a good season no matter how the last game goes. Personally I would love to see UT fall to the Aggies if only as a cruel irony. We are the underdogs nowadays so if we lose it means "oh well, we expected that". If we win, then UT just sucks. I like our situation.
Old 09-03-2006   #13
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

UT will have a loss by next weekend.
Old 09-03-2006   #14
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
UT will have a loss by next weekend.
Agreed. Ohio State will roll on them, no doubt. Time to insert some reality.
Old 09-03-2006   #15
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
I never liked Spring football. Would have rather watched our girls Basketball team go to State....

I am not effected by the UT clout. A&M never gets any attention in the media and I like it that way. We will have a good season no matter how the last game goes. Personally I would love to see UT fall to the Aggies if only as a cruel irony. We are the underdogs nowadays so if we lose it means "oh well, we expected that". If we win, then UT just sucks. I like our situation.
Ah, au contraire...we have freshman QBs...

Remember when Westfield's girls won state?
Old 09-03-2006   #16
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed. Ohio State will roll on them, no doubt. Time to insert some reality.
Time to insert reality indeed, atm, by Thanksgiving, will have loses to OU, Tech and Baylor; and then will probably get rolled by the Horns. Ain't reality a *****.

FYI - I'm not a longhorn.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #17
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't stand A&M or Texas, but I dislike A&M more. I'm pretty sure mexican_texan will have plenty to brag about after Texas beats A&M.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #18
gwallaia

Rep Power: 60869 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
..... A&M never gets any attention in the media.......

Are you kidding me?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #19
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

Didn't The Citadel win the South Carolina 3A high school state championship a few years back?
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #20
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy
Time to insert reality indeed, atm, by Thanksgiving, will have loses to OU, Tech and Baylor; and then will probably get rolled by the Horns. Ain't reality a *****.

FYI - I'm not a longhorn.
You mine as well be one. Refer to my above definition of Longhorn.

The only reality is that UT isnt untouchable, bro. Everyone who has an ounce of brain knows that the A&M football team isnt above a loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
Are you kidding me?
Compared to UT? Not a chance, buddy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read