Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-02-2006   #1
Snapple
Veteran

Default What a start to the Longhorns season... Can't wait for OSU now!

56-7 spanking of North Texas, which actually covered the betting spread of 42.

I know it's just some crappy Sun Belt team, but I've had a lot of reservations about this year's team. I don't sell short at all the difference that Vince Young alone makes on the team, and I wasn't even sure we'd win the Big 12 with Nebraska poised to have a good year. Colt McCoy looked comfortable out there today though. 3 TDs in the air, 1 on the ground. And the defense was great. In fact, North Texas had -17 total yards in the first half.

So maybe we actually stand a chance against Ohio State after all. Even if we do lose, the Longhorns aren't going to do down without a fight.

Hook 'em, horns!
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Nebraska does not look so hot. OSU looks good against NIU
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #3
flylikeaneagle
Veteran

Ohio State is going to be tough. I hope Texas can win but it will be a big battle for them.
flylikeaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

OSU just wrapped up their game. I'm rooting for Texas, but I know it won't be easy.

But OSU vs Texas.... does any other conference have a match-up with the implecations this one game might have?? #1 vs #2.....

Wow
Old 09-02-2006   #5
Snapple
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
Nebraska does not look so hot. OSU looks good against NIU
They started out slow, but finished 49-10. Nebraska will be fine this year.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #6
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapple
They started out slow, but finished 49-10. Nebraska will be fine this year.
I was wondering for someone to point that out. I left that game at halftime, I had to run some errands.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006   #7
GoTexans
Rookie

Ohio State's defense looked terrible in that game. They allowed 14 points and got a cheap interception in the endzone off the other teams recievers hands. I guess having 9 new starters for them will take some time to gel but certainly not by next week. Texas should be able to put up 30+ points.

Texas defense looks every bit as dominant as it was last year.

Should be a great game.
Old 09-03-2006   #8
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

lol, i was watchin ESPN on ABC yesterday and the one guy thinks that OU is gonna win the National Championship, lol hahahaha, and he thinks that UT is gonna lose against OU, lol hahahahaha

the sooners are terrrible again this year

theres no way texas loses against a team that had trouble handling UAB
so heres to another big win at the red river shoot out

but i am nervous about next weeks game, but i think texas will win the game, just because they will have the home field advantage on there side

and the game against A&M is in Austin, and i think texas will win that game, and so an undefeated year is very possible for UT, maybe another national championship
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read