Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-02-2006   #1
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default Spencer the Intimidator!

I mentioned it in other threads when veryone was doubting Spencer, but now it's official. This guy will be the cornerstone of our O-line for years to come. After Winston gets the hang of the NFL game, he will be the other anchor. Spencer is the nasty, mean, aggressive O-lineman we have been looking to have for years. He may make some mistakes, what rookie doesn't, but I'd rather have him making mistakes this year, and a superstar next season. Others are saying, why starta rookie? Isn't the Jets starting a rookie and the San Diego Chargers, McNeal? This is a great move by Kub's. By the 4th game, this guy will be playing like a vet!!!! Go Spence Go!
Old 09-02-2006   #2
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Come on man, not everyone. I have been pro Spencer for awhile! Wheres the love?

Does he have to block Kearse this weekend? *Gulp* Then D.Freeney next...umm

Still, if he can keep those guys off Carr who can doubt his talent?
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #3
K.D.
Veteran

I'm glad that Spencer is getting to start. The guy proved that he could be the man to the coaching staff during TC and preseason. I'm anxious to see him play against Kearse,Freeney,etc.. This is the only way this guy is going to become our Pro-Bowl LT. Prove to himself and others that he can do his job effectively.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #4
TexansMVP
Probowler

I think the guy is going to be beast as well. It doesn't hurt that he gets to practice against someone like Mario and Weaver during practice either.
TexansMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #5
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

to tell yall the truth i had no idea who this guy was when we drafted him, and i looked at how big he was, and i was like "WHY"?, but then they showed a clip of him practicing with the seniors i think, but im not sure, and thats when i was like wow, he quick even for a big guy, but im really starting to like him
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #6
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansMVP
I think the guy is going to be beast as well. It doesn't hurt that he gets to practice against someone like Mario and Weaver during practice either.

And aganinst Peek (will help him prepare for the speed rushers in the league).
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #7
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not sure Winston is healthy, I saw him go down on Thursday with what appeared to be a knee injury, but he hobbled back up and played through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotCommander

He goes after Darren Howard if he's the LT.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-02-2006   #8
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1965 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
He goes after Darren Howard if he's the LT.
Thank you, you beat me to it. Kearse plays against the RT.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #9
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller
Thank you, you beat me to it. Kearse plays against the RT.
I just assumed they would move Kearse or Freeney at times over to go against the rookie. At least thats what I would do to see if you could get him to hold or false start.
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #10
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotCommander

Sorry Riot. It's just there were so many people sold on Wand. Wand was a project from CAsserly, and Spencer was a dilberate pick fromm the Kubiak era........Hmmm? Anyone want to take their choice for the future? Don't get me wrong, I think they should have kept Wand as a backup. He already basically knows the system and could be a body in case of injury, but for the future.....I don't think so!
Old 09-02-2006   #11
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

ok here was kubiaks choices

wand: good footwork good fundamentals, but wimpy on the bullrush, so he ends up on his back with carr running for his life

spencer: imposing size, good strength and quickness, mean disposition on the bullrush, but lacks technique and footwork so gets out of positon and prone to grabbing on.

spencer has more upside, but his footwork and possible holding calls could be a drive killer. I think kubiak called wand out early and said toughen up or else, and he failed. wand has been an underachiever since we got him, he's been flattened by virtually every d-lineman we have in one on ones, and its not because he's weak, he just wont get tough and play with attitude, spencer has attitude in spades and alot of upside, he will get alot better. I wouldnt have released wand but i'm not a coach.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read