Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

David Carrs little bro lights it up............

texanfan2100

Waterboy
Hulk75 said:
His little brother Derrick Carr is a sophmore at Clements and starts for the varsity, I heard he can ZING it!
12-22 1 int 3 tds and a win, not bad for a sophmores 1st game.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/fbh/4158819.html
They showed the highlights on one of the stations last night, and the numbers look better than some of the passes did. He's only a sophomore though, so he'll get better. They were also playing a school that was playing their first varsity game ever.

Also, the guy he beat out for the starting QB position is John Hoke's son.

texan279

Hall of Fame
texanfan2100 said:
They showed the highlights on one of the stations last night, and the numbers look better than some of the passes did. He's only a sophomore though, so he'll get better. They were also playing a school that was playing their first varsity game ever.

Also, the guy he beat out for the starting QB position is John Hoke's son.
Sounds like his brother sometimes. :bananasplit:

Chato

Noob
Keep in mind too that was Seven Lakes first varsity game. They have no seniors and are 4A.

I hope Dulles and that Turner kid smoke their arses in district.

StarStruck

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I thought that Clements had a decent team in the district last year. In the Fort Bend district it is usually an unknown from year to year which three teams that will make the playoffs only to lose in the first round.

BradK10

Veteran
Clements might have been good in that shoddy district, but Katy put the whoopin' on them in the first round of the playoffs.

StarStruck

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
He didn't light it up tonight against Hightower. My best guess was perhaps 7 or 8 completions out of 18 or 19 attempts, 2 interceptions and a sack. Hightower made numerous mistakes, e.g., two safeties among other things, but managed to hold on an win 13-12.

Hulk75

Veteran
He didn't light it up tonight against Hightower. My best guess was perhaps 7 or 8 completions out of 18 or 19 attempts, 2 interceptions and a sack. Hightower made numerous mistakes, e.g., two safeties among other things, but managed to hold on an win 13-12.
He is a sophmore old timer.

StarStruck

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Lol, all is cool. However I was at the Hightower game and either he is a work in progress or HT's defence is well above average. I thought it was interesting that reports only showed DC's number of attempts, but excluded the completions, something like 19-7. I will agree though that as a sophmore the best could be yet to come.

TexansSeminole

Hall of Fame
I played for Clements in '05. The running back Chris Lenoir is going to be a great player and he is only a junior. Another good player is Elliot Coffey, he is Derrick's #1 guy. He also plays defense, with two picks on the year. He played CB when I played with him, his sophomore year, but I think they may have moved him to safety(?)...he is pretty tall (6'1).

Derrick Carr's stats as of now through five games is as this:

Derek Carr 39 A for 79 C 5 INTS 627 YDS 9TDS

And on Clements' football team, they just got a new coach when I was a senior, in '05. Jeff Hulme. He is a good coach and brought in a whole new coaching staff. Our old coaching staff was so bad I quit playing football after my freshman year. When we got a new coaching staff I played for my senior year and we started getting better, finished 5-5. Last year they made the playoffs and this year it looks pretty good. The future looks pretty good too, as Chris Lenoir is seriously talented, and Derrick Carr is only a sophomore. John Hoke's son is only a sophomore too, he plays linebacker/safety and QB. He is actully a pretty good QB, but he is a better defender. He used to play safety, but from what I hear now, he plays linebacker.

Chris Lenoir's stats are as follows:

Chris Lenoir 155 A 968 YDS 6.2 YPC 10 TDS (LEADS CLASS 5A in YDS, ATTEMPTS, and TDS)
with: 39 A - 291 YDS and 3TDS vs. Elkins in their 4th game
and: 42 A - 245 YDS and 1 TD vs. Kempner in their last (5th) game (KYLE HOKE ALSO HAD AN INT TO SEAL THE GAME IN THIS ONE)

TexansCanes

Rookie
I went to the game tonight against dulles and was impressed with Chris Lenoir, probably the best back we have had since Jonathan Golden. I was glad to see a Clements team put up more than 30 points, but the defense was terrible and couldn't stop anyone. Derrick looked good and i thing could make them a contender in the district.

YellerLotYeller

nice marmot
Yea I doubt David's parents would stay here when they could be back in Cali.

Clements head coach is real pissed with the Texans FO.:joker:

4Texans

Veteran
So Carr has 2 brother? Hulk75 and Derrick?
Yep. I believe Hulk played DL at UH for a year, right after the Texans drafted David.

If I'm Derek, and I've established myself as the starting QB, then I believe I would want to finish out my 2 years of HS, then move on to College in Cali or wherever.... He had a pretty desent year at QB, considering he was a Soph. I wonder if he has the same throwing motion as David?

Wolf

100% Texan
http://www.bakersfield.com/136/story/363053.html

Bakersfield Christian just might have won the Derek Carr lottery.

After weeks of speculation that Carr could be going to Stockdale, Liberty or Bakersfield High, BCHS athletic director and football coach Doug Barnett said last week that the senior-to-be had applied for admission.

Carr's brother, David, starred at Stockdale in the mid-1990s and later at Fresno State before becoming the No. 1 pick in the 2002 NFL Draft.

Derek Carr played last season at Sugar Land (Texas) Clements High School, which is in the Houston area -- where David Carr began his NFL career. Derek Carr passed for 1,622 yards, 16 touchdowns and 8 interceptions last season for a 13-1 team. Rivals.com reports that Utah already has offered Carr a scholarship.

Sideline

Veteran
I read he had moved back to California recently, its ashame wanted to see him play when I came back to Houston this year. Apparently Derek has alot of interest surrounding him and I heard a rumour he was strongly thinking about attending Utah.

Mr. White

Retired OLine Coach
I feel like a witness to a 2-year long shark-jumping by reading through this thread.

I do remember the Fonz did it in slow motion.....

If Bakersfield Christian can keep QB75 off the practice field, then Derek might just pan out. I'm surprised they didn't want to send this one to Tedford.

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
I feel like a witness to a 2-year long shark-jumping by reading through this thread.

I do remember the Fonz did it in slow motion.....

If Bakersfield Christian can keep QB75 off the practice field, then Derek might just pan out. I'm surprised they didn't want to send this one to Tedford.
Are you kidding. He is probably Spidey8 at the Giants board right now telling them that with the right people he might beat out Eli.