Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-02-2006   #1
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Default Daniels to be Starting TE Sept 10th

Texans | Daniels to be starting tight end
Sat, 2 Sep 2006 06:34:37 -0700

Ana Chavez, of HoustonTexans.com, reports Houston Texans TE Owen Daniels will be the team's starting tight end opening day.
Old 09-02-2006   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

He's probably our most well rounded tight end, even though I saw Bruener make a nice catch a few yards in front of me, I still don't think he can catch well.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

So what's up with Putzier. This must say alot if that guy is not starting instead of Daniels.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #4
tburdette
Rookie

I remember I was really mad when we picked Daniels instead of Ko Simpson in rd 4. But this says a lot for our coaching staff and Daniels as a player. Hopefully he and Joppru will be a great 1-2 punch in the league seeing as they are both really young.
tburdette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #5
pancho
Rookie

Casserly strikes again, lol.
pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #6
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected

I see them rotating the alot but I like Owens starting. He has a very brite future HE runs great routes maybe a little thin on blocking but come week 6 he will be a great blocker. All in all I just love all of our draft picks all will be starting at lease next year, our furture looks speachless these guys are the making of a team that will knock Manning and the Colts from the top and the Texans making it to the playoffs year after year come on week 1.
Roughnecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #7
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
So what's up with Putzier. This must say alot if that guy is not starting instead of Daniels.
Putzier can't block well, which is a necessary trait when starting a rookie left tackle.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-02-2006   #8
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

I thought Wand was the starting LT?
Old 09-02-2006   #9
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tburdette
I remember I was really mad when we picked Daniels instead of Ko Simpson in rd 4. But this says a lot for our coaching staff and Daniels as a player. Hopefully he and Joppru will be a great 1-2 punch in the league seeing as they are both really young.
As long as he can stay healthy I like them lining up in 2 TE sets. The O line looks good for the furture with these to guys and that means we can draft at other spots instead of wasting a pick on a TE with these two guys being 1 and 2 on the depth chart.
Roughnecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #10
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

shoulda started bennie.
Old 09-02-2006   #11
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, I thought Putzier would be the starter.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #12
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

If this came straight from HoustonTexans.com then so be it, but I still would have guessed Putzier would be the starter. I don't know if Putzier is "that bad" -- I think it's just that Daniels has done quite well for himself. I think Bruener and Putzier will still see a lot of game reps and that we will use a lot of 2 TE formations.
Old 09-02-2006   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
I thought Wand was the starting LT?
Seth Wand has apparently been cut, but it's not on the web site yet. I know, it's a shocker to most of us. Check out the DD is on IR thread.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #14
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Hmmm...I guess it will help him as he slowly turns into the next Jeremy Shockey...He did well in the preseason..I will watch for it in the reg season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read