Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-01-2006   #1
Texizgreat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Texizgreat Send a message via Yahoo to Texizgreat
Default Dd Ir ?

From KFFL

Texans | D. Davis appears headed to IR
Fri, 1 Sep 2006 16:13:15 -0700

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans RB Domanick Davis (knee) appears headed to the season-ending Injured Reserve list. Head coach Gary Kubiak said the team wants to be certain Davis can't help this season before they do that.

Texans | Kubiak discusses Davis' options
Fri, 1 Sep 2006 16:15:19 -0700

HoustonTexans.com reports Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak discussed RB Domanick Davis' (knee) options Friday, Sept. 1: "There are only two options I see for Domanick. First of all, we're going to buy all the time we can. That's the obvious. There's so much information being gathered from a medical standpoint, from Domanick's point of view on how he feels and a timeline. We're gathering all the information and trying to do the absolute best thing for him and for this football team. I want to take all the possible time for it. Our meeting yesterday was tremendous. He's a great young man. He's been super for this organization. I just want to make sure that every 'I' is dotted and every 'T' is crossed before we make this final decision."
Texizgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I suspected as much.

Fortunately, we've got Lundy and Morency to pick up the slack!
Old 09-01-2006   #3
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected

We should be alright with Lundy but I hope they work with him on picking up the biltz this week because he will see it alot in the opener. DD we might have seen the last of him it seems like he is not interested in playing I hope that's not the case.
Roughnecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #4
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's my NFL Fanhouse article about the cuts with links to a lot of the relevant stuff:

Link: Texans Roster Cut Observations

According to the presser, the Texans are still at 55 as still have time to get to 53 and are trying to figure out the DD situation, and maybe a few more.
Old 09-01-2006   #5
brewhaus
All Pro

It's hard to motivate a millionaire.
brewhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #6
Divebomb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhaus
That is what I think as well
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #7
brewhaus
All Pro

I think Lundy is the real deal and DD is not going to be missed; as good as I know he is. I am still not sure if Morency will have any "staying power".
Sponsored links
Old 09-01-2006   #8
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That may be the case.

Personally, I do not believe it is a matter of motivation. It is a matter of having a destroyed knee.
Old 09-01-2006   #9
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Cody's last name is Pickett, not Pinkett.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #10
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Cody's last name is Pickett, not Pinkett.
Duh on me. Pickett, like the bad name for a QB.

This is what happens when I work too fast.
Old 09-01-2006   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's not his heart, it's his knee.

If it's hard to motivate a millionaire, then explain all the other rich players that get hurt and work their butts off in rehab and comeback.

We've got no reason to question DD's motivation. He busted his arse on an unbelievably crappy team, and I having nothing but respect for the guy.
Old 09-01-2006   #12
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Questions.

So can we put DD on the IR, and actually have 54 man roster? And once he is on the IR, he cant play all season?

Does it work the same way for putting a player on the PUP that a player will not be counted on the roster if he is on the PUP?

Then, when a player is on the PUP, do they then have to cut that player at the 6-10 week internval or another player of their choosing?

Thanks if ya'll can clear that up.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #13
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull
So can we put DD on the IR, and actually have 54 man roster? And once he is on the IR, he cant play all season?

Does it work the same way for putting a player on the PUP that a player will not be counted on the roster if he is on the PUP?

Then, when a player is on the PUP, do they then have to cut that player at the 6-10 week internval or another player of their choosing?

Thanks if ya'll can clear that up.
See this THREAD.........should clear things up for you.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #14
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
I don't think money has a thing to do with it, my father in law had a bad hip. It hurt when weather changed, he walked like Festus on "Gunsmoke". it hurt more than it didn't, he finally got tired of hurting and had hip replacement. I think DD has been playing through pain for sometime, he just didn't complain (I have even heard words " bone on bone").

He wants to play he wants to be a part of what we all know is coming.....a championship, He wouldn't be in NFL if he wasnt a competitor, there are literally a thousand guys who try and make it in NFL. 53 men make roster at last cutdown, rest go onto other things and other careers. Luck has a part in this, but it is determination and skill that has you performing good enough to be in NFL.

Domanick Davis and most guys in NFL love the money, but they play for a love of the game and their fellow Sunday warriors. Anyone who has worked in a stressful situation with others understands, you become close you care for each other and want best for each other.

Money is little solace when knee hurts so bad you can't sleep, and you know the people you left behind went on to succeed without you. DD showed what he was made of a thousand times, he got the BIG money because he became one of a few RBs to gain a thousand yards 1st two seasons and came close to being one of few to gain 3,000 yards in first three seasons.

I hate multi-million dollar salaries, that cause me to spend upwards of 2 days pay for 1 game (including tickets,food other essentials). Do I begrudge him that...NO, my daddy heard me griping one day this has been some time back. A baseball player was signed to a $100,000 contract and to a kid who got a dollar a week allowance, that was an insane amount of money. He told me if everyone could do what that baseball player could do, he would be making next to nothing. It is his skill in doing what few can do, that he is being so highly paid as it is a needed skill in that field.
Old 09-02-2006   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

It's hitting below the belt when someone implies that DD is rich and therefore he doesn't feel "motivated" to play.

Go under the knife yourself, get YOUR cartilage removed from a knee, and then try to go play FLAG FOOTBALL against some small children in a city park somewhere. Get back to me on how it goes for you.

For DD to be saying, "You don't know how much it is killing me to not be out on the field...." when he IS rich beyond our imagination, is actually proof that he is as motivated as a person could be in his circumstance.

This guy has every right and/or privilege (sp?) to have called it quits long ago and thus spare himself the pain and time and energy of rehab and of trying to get back onto the field. He could have hung up, walked away, and enjoy his summer of luxury instead of trying to get back onto the field. But he didn't do that. He was trying to get back onto the field. Because he is motivated.

I guess we have sucked so bad that nobody can figure out why a guy like Domanick Davis would even want to try and come back to the team under his circumstances. So I guess the easiest route to go is to think that he WOULDN'T want to come back, and that he's going to be happy with having more free time to spend money and not be on a cruddy team.

That guy wants to play, and he wants to win. It's pretty basic.
Old 09-02-2006   #16
brewhaus
All Pro

I believe I acknowledged DD's talent earlier in the thread, as he showed "HUGE" heart when he played. Now, the Texans put him on IR so he won't file a grievence with the league. He's done. It is what it is. The fortunate thing for DD is that he is a little more than "2 paychecks away from the street" like the majority of us. And not that it matters to anything at all; but speaking personally, I have had both of my knees cut.....I was done too.
Old 09-02-2006   #17
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

IMO, this says a lot about Kubiak and his willingness to cut bait ..... Carr may be next if he doesn't step it up ..... stay tuned
Old 09-02-2006   #18
brewhaus
All Pro

Sage may be the rage!
Old 09-02-2006   #19
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

It only took 17 posts for this thread to be about DC :brickwall

Bye Bye DD
Old 09-02-2006   #20
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx
It only took 17 posts for this thread to be about DC :brickwall

Bye Bye DD

I can only give you rep once ....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read