Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: How many losses are you hoping for if you want Carr benched?
0. I want David to succeed, and the Texans to have a great year. 66 72.53%
1-2. Let him bomb out at the beginning and get benched. 6 6.59%
3-5. It will be painful, but at least he wonít be playing anymore. 11 12.09%
6-10. This really hurts, but if this is what it takes to make him go away so be it. 6 6.59%
11-15. Iíd rather see the Texans lose big than David to lead this team. 1 1.10%
16+ Even if it means two years of losing and costs Kubiak his I never want to see Carr again! 1 1.10%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2006   #1
Rightnow
Veteran

Default How many losses are you willing to endure to make sure Carr is not the QB?

The only way Carr gets benched is if the Texans lose. So how many losses are you willing to endure?
Old 09-01-2006   #2
PhillyFan
Veteran

Hrm...for some strange reason, Im leaning towards "Bomb at the beginning"

PhillyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #3
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

As many losses as Kubiak is willing to endure.

(This should be one of the options)
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

This is one of the most depressing threads I've seen in The Bull Pen in quite awhile.

Hoping for your team to lose - for whatever reason(s) - is the antonym of the definition of fan, IMHO.

You'd really have to be drinking some Carr hatorade to hope we lose any games.
Old 09-01-2006   #5
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

If he's really stinking it up after 4 games or so and hasn't shown an inch of improvement, give Sage the start (if Kubiak thinks he can do it without being terrible). Then see how Carr responds, and how Sage does. Of course if they both end up sucking and neither gets a fire lit under them by then, your ship is sinking really fast at that point.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #6
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
This is one of the most depressing threads I've seen in The Bull Pen in quite awhile.

Hoping for your team to lose - for whatever reason(s) - is the antonym of the definition of fan, IMHO.

You'd really have to be drinking some Carr hatorade to hope we lose any games.
Actually, it gets my vote for Idiot Thread of the Day Award.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #7
Rightnow
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Actually, it gets my vote for Idiot Thread of the Day Award.
LOL. I just wanted to see if some people's hatred of Carr overrides their desire of the Texans winning. If you want Carr benched, you are saying you want the Texans to lose at least a little since he is the starter.
Old 09-01-2006   #8
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

This isn't something you can put a number on. If David and David alone is the reason we are losing then he will not be starting long at all. However, I think far too often we blame him for things beyond his control. I have been frustrated with his play as well, but sometimes its going to be the new system. Sometimes the WR runs the wrong route, and he is picked off. Othertimes the O-line will wiff on a block giving up a sack/fumble. Yes, David will throw picks, and Touchdowns. In the end it will be the team that wins and loses these games.

However, all that said I think he will start to look better. The only thing I worry about is his lack of passing TDs. But its preseason and he is seeing limited action.

Go Texans!
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #9
afcman
Veteran

It really depends on HOW we lose. (assuming we lose. ) I choose 6-10. (for the 10) Then we should sit him and let him sweat it a little.

However, I really think we should go at least .500 this season. (Looking at the schedule.)
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #10
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Old 09-01-2006   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Losses aren't the main determining factor for David Carr. If David Carr is having a good year, not making dumb mistakes, etc... but our defense isn't able to stop anyone so we lose high scoring games, then Carr probably wouldn't get benched at all even if we lose 14 games again. It's a team game. Losses don't determing whether a QB is benched. His performance does.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #12
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think that Carr's benching should be related to wins and losses; I think it should be related to his performance. If we win games and he looks bad, we should bench him. If we lose games and he looks good, then we shouldn't bench him.

Ultimately, I trust Kubiak to make the right call.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #13
Snapple
Veteran

I'm not saying I want Rosenfels over Carr this year. I don't think either of them are the future. I think we'll improve this year. Then, next year we can improve even more with a new QB.

It's funny though. Remember Kubiak's speech when he got hired about how he thought David Carr would be the next John Elway? Words are so empty.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #14
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapple
I'm not saying I want Rosenfels over Carr this year. I don't think either of them are the future. I think we'll improve this year. Then, next year we can improve even more with a new QB.

It's funny though. Remember Kubiak's speech when he got hired about how he thought David Carr would be the next John Elway? Words are so empty.
I think the Texans and Gary Kubiak are planning on David Carr as the QB of the future...
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #15
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

0. Go Texans
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #16
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 87056 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapple

I thought I saw Kubiaks news conference when he was hired. I don't recall him saying Carr would be the next Elway. Did I see a different news conference?

I am one of the Carr boosters here, but even I don't expect him to be the next Elway.

Is there a link to a transcript of the news conference that I can read it for myself.

edit: I think the poll is mean spirited, or else it is very poorly worded.
Old 09-01-2006   #17
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

This poll makes less sense than Ozzy Osbourne trying to say "Rubber baby buggie bumper" three times real fast.

I'm unwilling to endure any losses, any time, for any reason.

Call me crazy.

Vince Lombardi
bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #18
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightnow
The only way Carr gets benched is if the Texans lose. So how many losses are you willing to endure?
...what a stupid post!!
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #19
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 74770 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Carr locks onto his primary receiver, has poor pocket poise & awareness, has great difficulty finding his hot route on a blitz and runs out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage too often; but I donít want the Texans to lose any games. Iím hopeful that Kubiak can correct Carrís problems.
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #20
Snapple
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee
I thought I saw Kubiaks news conference when he was hired. I don't recall him saying Carr would be the next Elway. Did I see a different news conference?

I am one of the Carr boosters here, but even I don't expect him to be the next Elway.

Is there a link to a transcript of the news conference that I can read it for myself.

edit: I think the poll is mean spirited, or else it is very poorly worded.
If it wasn't specifically at the press conference, then it was sometime very soon after he was hired, and did a bunch of interviews on tv shows and radio and whatnot. I know he compared David Carr to John Elway, because someone started a topic about it, and made a big deal about it.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read