Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-01-2006   #1
Frills
Veteran

Default Gaffney News

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/spo...l/15413975.htm

The logjam at wide receiver might be the most interesting one needing to get sorted out before tomorrow. Let's assume Reggie Brown, newcomer Donté Stallworth, fourth-round rookie Jason Avant and undrafted rookie Hank Baskett are on the team. There probably are six spots. If Reid's words yesterday and other indications recently are any guide, you can make Lewis the fifth receiver. That means either Darnerien McCants or Jabar Gaffney is out of a job tomorrow.

Gaffney has a much more impressive resume, 171 career catches vs. McCants' 58, but McCants is a strong special-teams performer. Eagles special-teams coordinator John Harbaugh said this week that Gaffney hasn't had a special-teams role with the Eagles, and it didn't sound as if he was going to be getting one.

So he leaves the Texans
Runs his mouth about it being good to be with a winner
His legs don't run as well as his mouth

Old 09-01-2006   #2
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Be with a winner? Did he realize he signed with the Eagles? Well to his defense I guess 6-10 is more of a winner than 2-14.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #3
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm the worlds smartest animal because I don't crow until I've laid the egg .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I know what he's doing. He's trying to get cut so he doesn't have to play us because he is scared they will ask him to go across the middle and run into Demeco Ryans.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #5
eagle.randall
Rookie

He a been dissappointing since he got here.
eagle.randall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #6
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle.randall
He's been a disappointment since he got in the NFL...
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #7
Heywood
Veteran

gaffney is garbage. he's worthless. my mother could make the eagles as a WR this year.
Heywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-01-2006   #8
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 75558 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood
gaffney is garbage. he's worthless. my mother could make the eagles as a WR this year.
And his (Jabbar) daddy was an Enron accountant.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Old 09-01-2006   #9
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle.randall
yea well he started sometimes here.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #10
Samer
Veteran

Im glad he is gone...would have been even better if we got a pick in return..make the Eagles look even more stupid
Old 09-01-2006   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sure he'd find a job somewhere. I thought he was a disappointment, but I don't have any anymosity towards him.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #12
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

I've always liked gaff, and i will continue to, but i agree he never did as good as he could have, and when he did start to do good it was in the last couplegames of the season

but best of luck to him
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #13
Snapple
Veteran

I remember a lot of people being in support of Gaffney while he was here. It was Bradford (aka Badford) who got all the heat for bringing down the receiving strength of the team.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #14
tburdette
Rookie

He was a huge waste of a draft pick for us. He wasn't as disappointing as Boselli but he is up there.
tburdette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #15
Trapped
Veteran

only play i can remember from Gaffney was the ball dropping out of his hands while he crossed the endzone. Instead of TD, it was a touchback. That was classic.
Most users ever online was 1,493, 04-28-2006 at 09:04 PM
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #16
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Gaffney is getting a bum rap. Its amazing how quickly people forget the games where he carried the team.

It may be that the Eagles offense doesnt fit him..or it may be that he is having a bad preseason.. but the kid CAN play.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #17
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapped
only play i can remember from Gaffney was the ball dropping out of his hands while he crossed the endzone. Instead of TD, it was a touchback. That was classic.
his only BIG mistake while he was here.

Its sad that so many people use one small indiscretion as the entire measure of him as a player.

If every player was judged by his worst play, there would be no such thing as a good player.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #18
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 4909 TFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respected

Well D. McCants 4 rec. 69 yrds. 17.3 avg.

to

J. Gaffeny 3 rec. 28 yrds. 9.3 avg.

McCants looked better stats wise, but i did not watch the game.
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #19
Jwwillis
All Pro

Gaffney is not physical enough for the #3 and not fast enough for the 1 or 2. He seems to lack leadership skills and isnt instinctive (ball off the helmit/back/arm)
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #20
Eagles78
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns
Be with a winner? Did he realize he signed with the Eagles? Well to his defense I guess 6-10 is more of a winner than 2-14.
They had 1 losing season in 5 years. He didnt mean a team that had a winning season he meant a team that had been a winner consitantly
Eagles78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read