Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: How long will you give David Carr to lead this team?
I am a homer, um forever 2 2.78%
Give him a year to see what he can do in the system and see how he progresses 41 56.94%
I say give us until the bye week to see where he is at 20 27.78%
I'll give him 1 game, if he sucks then yank him 1 1.39%
I say pull the plug now and start Safe Rosenfels 1 1.39%
However long Kubiak gives him 7 9.72%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2006   #1
SESupergenius

Default How long do you give David Carr

Ok it's the start of the season. We have a new coach, new offense, new coordinators and new players, all mostly from successful tenures. So keeping that in mind, how long do you give David Carr to lead this team?
Old 09-01-2006   #2
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
Ok it's the start of the season. We have a new coach, new offense, new coordinators and new players, all mostly from successful tenures. So keeping that in mind, how long do you give David Carr to lead this team?
I don't think that you can just set a time table, because if he comes out in the first game and just totally stinks it up/ does nothing right, I'll be calling for his replacement the next game, if not that very game....But if he comes out, and plays alright all year but still is somewhat dissapointing I'll be calling for a new QB in the draft....It just depends...
Old 09-01-2006   #3
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have said since before preseason, I give Carr one season, 1 1/2 max maybe.
Old 09-01-2006   #4
19-10
Veteran

Bye week - if he is responsible for losses before then (cleary responsible) let him sit in Dallas. JMO
Old 09-01-2006   #5
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19-10
Bye week - if he is responsible for losses before then (cleary responsible) let him sit in Dallas. JMO
Okay I defend Carr and everything, but he would have to have some horrid games to be able to blame him solely for a loss.
Old 09-01-2006   #6
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Okay I defend Carr and everything, but he would have to have some horrid games to be able to blame him solely for a loss.
lol...right
Old 09-01-2006   #7
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

Quote:
We have a new coach, new offense, new coordinators and new players, all mostly from successful tenures. So keeping that in mind, how long do you give David Carr to lead this team?
One year.
Old 09-01-2006   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

However long Kubiak gives him.
Old 09-01-2006   #9
19-10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Seen it happen before - lack of leadership is horrid
Old 09-01-2006   #10
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
I don't think that you can just set a time table, because if he comes out in the first game and just totally stinks it up/ does nothing right, I'll be calling for his replacement the next game, if not that very game....But if he comes out, and plays alright all year but still is somewhat dissapointing I'll be calling for a new QB in the draft....It just depends...
ok you make no sense. First you voted that you'd give him until the bye week and now you comment that if he sucks the 1st game you'd replace him the next game. OK???? There was an option on the poll that says if he sucks against Philadelphia then you yank him. You seem a little whishy washy.
Old 09-01-2006   #11
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19-10
Seen it happen before - lack of leadership is horrid
OK, never heard of a loss being blamed on a lack of leadership but whatever.
Old 09-01-2006   #12
texflex513
All Pro

IM A UMM...FOREVER... no seriously i will give him at least 2 seasons which will give kubiak enough time to surround him with better players (if need be) thru the draft and free agency..this also should be enough time to get the system down....anything after that..:brickwall
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #13
SESupergenius

Holy *****, did I just see the wonger need food vote to give Carr a little time?? THAT MUST BE AN IMPOSTER!
Old 09-01-2006   #14
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by texflex513
IM A UMM...FOREVER... no seriously i will give him at least 2 seasons which will give kubiak enough time to surround him with better players (if need be) thru the draft and free agency..this also should be enough time to get the system down....anything after that..:brickwall
We have the players in place, Kubiak did an outstanding job in the draft and in free agency IMO. Carr just needs to step up bigtime this season.
Old 09-01-2006   #15
Dean 74
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX
roger that!!
Dean 74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #16
real

Quote:
ok you make no sense. First you voted that you'd give him until the bye week and now you comment that if he sucks the 1st game you'd replace him the next game. OK???? There was an option on the poll that says if he sucks against Philadelphia then you yank him. You seem a little whishy washy.
ha ha...I saw that and it really wasn't for me...Because I just think it really depends...I think he has sucked in the pre-season in some games...but I don't think any of his performances justified him being yanked...In order for him to get yanked in philly he would have to do nothing right...I chose the option i chose because i figured it was middle ground...
Old 09-01-2006   #17
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i'd say give him a year, but if he starts screwing up ingame, sit him so sage can show his stuff.
Old 09-01-2006   #18
texflex513
All Pro

No votes for pulling the plug wow thats a shocker......... wait i spoke too soon its early in the day.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #19
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 20113 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX
same
Old 09-01-2006   #20
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

however long Kubiak sticks with him yes, nobody knows how long its going to take to rehab his career so I guess as long that he shows improvement week to week without any major set-backs by seasons end David Carr will remain the starting QB

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read