Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-01-2006   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Exclamation Carr vs. Sage

You knew this thread was coming back.

I want to get everyones assesment after the pre-season on the 2 QB's for our beloved Texans. My take:

Carr: I understand he is playing 1's against 1's, and that is more dificult. But my problem with him has focused on his decision making. His WR stare down. His unwillingness to throw downfield. How many times did I see the kid roll out with nobody in 10-15 yards of him, only to see him throw 5 yards to someone who is covered. He doest scan the field as well as I would like either.

Sage: Like I said, Sage isnt playing against the 1's, but he also isnt using our #1's. But so far he has looked very good. He does a good job of looking off defenders, something even Porter/Pickett do. He views the field well, and finds the receivers down the field.

To say the least, I have been dissapointed with Carr, and Happy with Sage. I know Kubiak stands behind Carr, and I hope he proves me wrong on this by making Carr a great QB, but I think Carr will be the demise of this team.

Let me hear what you think? And while you do that, here are some stats to chew on.

David Carr
Att: 44
Comp: 28
Yards: 250
TD's: 0
Int: 1
Sacked: 3

Sage Rosenfels
Att: 51
Comp: 32
Yards: 329
TD's: 4
Int: 0
Sacked: 0
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #2
texflex513
All Pro

texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #3
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76169 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

. . um, no.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #4
real

You are beating a dea....forget it...
Old 09-01-2006   #5
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario
Let me hear what you think? And while you do that, here are some stats to chew on.
"Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable" - Mark Twain

If Carr goes down this season due to injury. God help us. Sage isn't the answer as much as I and everyone on here would like him to be.

Hopefully Carr becomes the guy we thought we were drafting. If not....it should be an interesting off season.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Somebody kill this thread please!:brickwall
Old 09-01-2006   #7
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pro Carr arguments

Chapter and verse.
Old 09-01-2006   #8
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Anti Carr arguments

Chapter and verse.
Old 09-01-2006   #9
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Default Done

Are we done?
Old 09-01-2006   #10
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
"Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable" - Mark Twain

If Carr goes down this season due to injury. God help us. Sage isn't the answer as much as I and everyone on here would like him to be.

Hopefully Carr becomes the guy we thought we were drafting. If not....it should be an interesting off season.
So what has Carr done to make you believe he is, and what has Sage done to make you believe he isn't ? And don't give me the "he's only played three games" answer...that response is overated...
Old 09-01-2006   #11
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread....

Old 09-01-2006   #12
Doom Capers
Veteran

HELL, PICKETT LOOKED GOOD LAST NIGHT! MAYBE HE SHOULD START OVER CARR TOO! THROW PORTER IN THERE TOO! WHY DO WE EVEN NEED DAVID CARR WHEN WE HAVE SO MUCH POTENTIAL ON THE BENCH! OMG!

this thread should be deleted
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #13
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I love how everyones response to my query is to state that this thread is "beating a dead horse"

Listen, if you dont want to debate it, leave the thread. Dont post stupid crap like you are being cute.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #14
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
So what has Carr done to make you believe he is, and what has Sage done to make you believe he isn't ? And don't give me the "he's only played three games" answer...that response is overated...
Carr has done nothing. I don't believe in him...yet. In fact he makes me nervous. But I pray he works out, for the sake of our team. But I can tell, Sage is a career back up. The best we could ever hope for from him is a Jake Plumber(best case senario). Call me crazy but I want more. Is Carr the answer, god I hope so. Would I bet my mortgage on it....no, in fact I would bet $10 on it, but I am hoping.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #15
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
This topic has been ran into the ground so much that there is little that can be freshly added to discuss. The only real way to look at it is carr is our starter because kubiak said so its as simple as that. Coach has made up his mind and i dont think anything short of carr getting hurt in preseason would have changed that.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #16
K.D.
Veteran

MANN, it's time to get over this Carr vs. Sage, this s##t is really getting old. Kubiak makes the decision and whichever way he rolls, I'm rolling with him. BTW, I never seen a QB who did everything perfect, these things you mentioned I'm pretty sure can be corrected.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #17
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

If you have a backup QB that causes a QB controversy, then that's exactly the kind of backup QB you want.

Case in point:
Steve Beuerlein was good enough to win when he was called upon and helped the Cowboys win a Super Bowl.

He had an average career as a starter. Not much more than a good game manager.

Anyone remember Rob Johnson?

Scott Mitchell?

Cody Carlson?
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #18
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Just putting this out there.....

Quote:
Carr has done nothing. I don't believe in him...yet. In fact he makes me nervous. But I pray he works out, for the sake of our team. But I can tell, Sage is a career back up. The best we could ever hope for from him is a Jake Plumber(best case senario). Call me crazy but I want more. Is Carr the answer, god I hope so. Would I bet my mortgage on it....no, in fact I would bet $10 on it, but I am hoping.

Kinda funny that you mention Jake Plummer. How much longer do you guys think he has in Denver? Looks like the heat's on over there now.

If Carr doesn't pan out in the next couple of years wouldn't it stand to reason that he might end up in Houston?

I wonder how hard it would be for a couple of guys from Denver to trade with them? Coaches like to work with their guys. Plummer's a Kubiak guy.

Something to chew on.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #19
real

Quote:
JP went to a pro-bowl....I'm not sure how you came to the descision that Sage will be forever relegated to be a back-up..especially when he's looked light years ahead of our starter...How can you make such judgements about a guy that you've barely seen play...but not be so sure about Carr, who has been a on this team for 5 yrs ?
Old 09-01-2006   #20
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Please post Porter and Pickett's stats, so we can have a REAL debate ....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read