Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Ok now boys, let's be logical here...(PS Wk 4 QB thread)

dtmoney82

Practice Squad
I'm sure im not the only one who is sick and tired of hearing this Carr/Rosenfels yap every dang day!

Ok, lets think about this now.....for all yall pessimistic people out there, let's try and think out side the "box" for a min:

Now, as cliche as it may be, Kubes is trying to do what's best for the team right? And as we all know, what's "best of the team" in coaching terms, really means what's less likely to get me fired! Can i at least get an amen on this?

so, put yourself in his shoes, cleats, whatever for a bit!

Why would he swear up and down that Carr's the #1 if he did not 100% believe it? Surely he's got more people to impress than Carr and his fine-a wifey! The dude knows what he's talking about. Yeah, it's easy for us to sit here and talk about what we think we know...but seriously, this is Madden 07....the man is the HEAD coach for a reason.......

Goddogit! if the man says that Carr's the starting Qb then he's the starting QB.

Could YOU know more about QB's than 2 PROFESSIONAL Coaching Staffs? (common, capers has to be considered at least a coach)

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
yep. David Carr is our starting QB in spite of what anyone wants or thinks. :howdy: it's his job to lose!

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
Don't know who she is but props for the cool avatar--right on the line but not over it. Let's let this become the week 4 QB thread.

Bobo

Veteran
dtmoney82 said:
I'm sure im not the only one who is f'in sick and tired of hearing this Carr/Rosenfels yap every dang day!

Ok, lets think about this now.....for all yall pessimistic mofo's out there, let's try and think out side the "box" for a min:

Now, as cliche as it may be, Kubes is trying to do what's best for the team right? And as we all know, what's "best of the team" in coaching terms, really means what's less likely to get my arse fired! Can i atleast get an amen on this?

Why would he swear up and down that Carr's the #1 if he did not 100% believe it? Surely he's got more people to impress than Carr and his fine-a wifey! The dude knows what he's talking about. Yeah, it's easy for us to sit here and talk about what we think we know...but seriously, this is Madden 07....the man is the HEAD coach for a reason.......

Goddogit! if the man says that Carr's the starting Qb then he's the starting QB.

Could YOU know more about QB's than 2 PROFESSIONAL Coaching Staffs? (common, capers has to be considered at least a 1/2 arse coach)
Sage stinks. He's a joke and he shouldn't even be on the team to begin with.

dtmoney82

Practice Squad
Yeah.....my bad.......too bad they dont have "statement" options here.

Wasnt really looking for approval or applaud to be honest with you. atleast i now know who the "critics" are.

Malloy

Hall of Fame
edo783 said:
Cool avatar, but I'm going to show my age on this one.......Who? Movie star, music what?
She's one of those post-WWII hotties, you don't know her Edo ;)

hou059

Waterboy
I really want to to like this guy, I want him to be everything the org. thought he was going to be when they made him their first draft choice but this pre-season I have seen nothing that comforts me, he still seems very undecisive and very gun shy, looks scared to look and throw down the field. I hope it's something that can be fixed because he looked like the backup QB this preseason.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
dtmoney82 said:
I'm sure im not the only one who is sick and tired of hearing this Carr/Rosenfels yap every dang day!

Ok, lets think about this now.....for all yall pessimistic people out there, let's try and think out side the "box" for a min:

Now, as cliche as it may be, Kubes is trying to do what's best for the team right? And as we all know, what's "best of the team" in coaching terms, really means what's less likely to get me fired! Can i at least get an amen on this?

Could YOU know more about QB's than 2 PROFESSIONAL Coaching Staffs? (common, capers has to be considered at least a coach)
I agree that David is the starting QB. I agree that it's David's job to lose.

Do you think it is this way because Kubiak thinks he is the best QB on the roster, or do you think it's because Kubiak thinks he can be the best QB on the roster??

Jwwillis

Rookie
dtmoney82 said:

Wouldnt be the 1st time a PROFESSIONAL COACHING STAFF made a bad decision.

After DD got his phat contract I posted that his lack duribility will end up hurting us. This based on 2 seasons of injury before the contract.

Kubiak claimed Wade was the prototype o-lineman..now hes been waived.

My point is PROFESSIONAL COACHING STAFFS dont have crystal balls. Every player move is open for discussion. This is why this forum exists. If you dont like it dont read it.

dtmoney82 said:

Dude wake up!!! Carr is the worst starting qb in the NFL, period. The only reason he's our starting qb is because Kubes lead the big boss Bob McNair to believe that that DC was savageable. I bet if Kubes could be honest he'd tell you that DC isn't a good qb and in fact is a very bad football player and a worst leader. Look, Kubes got a hugh ego and has been very successful in this league for long time and I believe Kubes think he can turn DC around I don't believe he going to be successful with Carr. Time will tell. If the Texans win this season it will be inspite of Carr. Carr's play so far this pre-season is horrible. Otherwise, what else do we've to go by, the past 4 years? The botton-line is, DC has been a 5 year mistake and it amazing to me that so many people still believe in this guy. :chicken:

Jwwillis

Rookie
bkimble said:
Dude wake up!!! Carr is the worst starting qb in the NFL, period. The only reason he's our starting qb is because Kubes lead the big boss Bob McNair to believe that that DC was savageable. I bet if Kubes could be honest he'd tell you that DC isn't a good qb and in fact is a very bad football player and a worst leader. Look, Kubes got a hugh ego and has been very successful in this league for long time and I believe Kubes think he can turn DC around I don't believe he going to be successful with Carr. Time will tell. If the Texans win this season it will be inspite of Carr. Carr's play so far this pre-season is horrible. Otherwise, what else do we've to go by, the past 4 years? The botton-line is, DC has been a 5 year mistake and it amazing to me that so many people still believe in this guy. :chicken:

Soooo If a QB hasnt produced in 5yrs (starting as a rookie on an expansion team) he is unsalvagable?

Check the history books pal.

Bradshaw and Plunkett come to mind right way but there are tons more.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
bkimble said:
Dude wake up!!! Carr is the worst starting qb in the NFL, period. The only reason he's our starting qb is because Kubes lead the big boss Bob McNair to believe that that DC was savageable. I bet if Kubes could be honest he'd tell you that DC isn't a good qb and in fact is a very bad football player and a worst leader. Look, Kubes got a hugh ego and has been very successful in this league for long time and I believe Kubes think he can turn DC around I don't believe he going to be successful with Carr.
Why wouldn't Kubiak be honest? It's his head-coaching career on the line. He obviously believes that Carr has got the goods to win games. He's not going to hitch his wagon to a horse he doesn't think can pull it.

And what makes you believe that Kubiak has a huge ego? Is this just your own perception, or do you have an actual story that you can supply for this claim?

HJam72

Hall of Fame
Most of these people saying that he's a 4 (or 5) year mistake would not have even considered him a mistake until about a year and a half ago.