Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-31-2006   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bennie Joppru TD

I dont know about you, but seeing Bennie get that TD tonight brings a huge smile to my face.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #2
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1297 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

I couldn't help but cheer, even if it is preseason. He's been through a lot.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #3
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bennie is gunna have a breakout year. Guess he can't do any worse than the last three. Let's just hope he stays healthy. I love being able to see him play, and seeing how surprising good he is at it after all he has been through.
Old 09-01-2006   #4
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler
Default i hope everyone cheered

For a guy to have the luck he has had...I hope he getsa chance to realyl showcase what he can do...think Owen Daniels and Bennie in the hashmarks...
Please_Evolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #5
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Typical hard luck story that when it turns out well just puts a smile on your face. Couldn't be happier for the kid.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #6
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Fun play to watch develop - three guys in the pattern on the short field rollout to the right. Sage was patient and waited for him to come across the back of the endzone from the other side. A simple but effective use of the TE that would have been incomprehensible under the dinosaur regime of last season. Cut me slack on details - I haven't watched the replay - just going from full speed memory.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #7
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the rule change where they made tight ends eligible this year will do wonders for our offense.
Old 09-01-2006   #8
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Fun play to watch develop - three guys in the pattern on the short field rollout to the right. Sage was patient and waited for him to come across the back of the endzone from the other side. A simple but effective use of the TE that would have been incomprehensible under the dinosaur regime of last season. Cut me slack on details - I haven't watched the replay - just going from full speed memory.
You pretty much nailed it. 2-3 short routes used as diversions from the developing route from Bennie. He got in a nice spot in the back of the endzone, and it looked like he was the least of Tampa Bays worries. Even when he didnt chip anyone, nobody followed him.

And yes, Sage did a great job waiting it out, and making a nice over the top throw. (Unlike David, who cant seem to get the ball over his shoulder...) But im not trying to start a David, Sage debate.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #9
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Bennie sure is getting the love now. We should pull up some of the old Bennie is a bust threads to see how the tunes have changed. I was always for patience with the guy. He was getting hurt through bad luck on the field, not his own poor choices like other players in the league that spring to mind.
Old 09-01-2006   #10
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Think he'll make the team? It seems like Bruener is in, so is Daniels, and so is Putzier. Is there room for Bennie?
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #11
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
Think he'll make the team? It seems like Bruener is in, so is Daniels, and so is Putzier. Is there room for Bennie?
They almost have to carry 4 tight ends. Although, Luchey has made a pretty good case for himself the past few games.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #12
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 411 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

GOOD for him, I did not get to watch it.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #13
Rightnow
Veteran

Joppru will make the roster because he can play FB, HB, TE and contribute on special teams. He was a third round pick, which is a medium-high pick for tight end. I think he and Owen Daniels are the future of this team for tight ends as Putzier is 27 and Bruener is 34. I can see both of them being on the roster for one or two more seasons and then Daniels and Joppru taking over with some young guys behind them. Bruener is still playing at 34 because he is one of the best run blocking tight ends in the league and Putzier knows Kubiaks offense since he was in Denver.

I'm very happy for Joppru.
Old 09-01-2006   #14
southtexan
Veteran

[quote=Rightnow]Joppru will make the roster because he can play FB, HB, TE and contribute on special teams. He was a third round pick, which is a medium-high pick for tight end. I think he and Owen Daniels are the future of this team for tight ends as Putzier is 27 and Bruener is 34. I can see both of them being on the roster for one or two more seasons and then Daniels and Joppru taking over with some young guys behind them. Bruener is still playing at 34 because he is one of the best run blocking tight ends in the league and Putzier knows Kubiaks offense since he was in Denver.

I'm very happy for Joppru. [/QUOTE
BJ was a second round selection.
Old 09-01-2006   #15
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 274 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey SouthTexan check your pm
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #16
southtexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan
Hey SouthTexan check your pm
I did but I didn't find anything. No messages.
Old 09-01-2006   #17
Rightnow
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by southtexan
BJ was a second round selection.
Oh! That is high for a tight end. His upside is probably tremendous.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read