Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-31-2006   #1
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler
Default All I can say is WOW!!!!

What a game...

It had it all. Solid hits, long passes that were caught by WR's, short passes and medium passes to TE's, a running game. Fumbles, sacks, int's....

If you didn't go to the game or watch it on TV, all I can say is WOW, you missed a good one.
Old 08-31-2006   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

it's just preseason.
Old 08-31-2006   #3
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon
it's just preseason.

OK PowerfulDragon you didn't have to be a killjoy
Old 08-31-2006   #4
Capster67
Veteran

It may just be pre-season, but I think we sent a message that the days of us being lovable losers are over. Any quality franchise wants to put a good face on every time it hits the field (i.e. franchises like the Denver Broncos that always put up solid pre-seasons), and that's exactly what the Texans did this year. I can honestly say given what I saw on the field that it isn't a reach to expect 7-9 wins out of this bunch.
Capster67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #5
Smash_Mouth_Mario
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Smash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capster67
It may just be pre-season, but I think we sent a message that the days of us being lovable losers are over. Any quality franchise wants to put a good face on every time it hits the field (i.e. franchises like the Denver Broncos that always put up solid pre-seasons), and that's exactly what the Texans did this year. I can honestly say given what I saw on the field that it isn't a reach to expect 7-9 wins out of this bunch.
Yeah, I'm still concerned about our CB's pass coverage, our OLBs and we need an extra WR.

FA anyone?

Houston Texans Big Mistake - Ha ha! NOT!
Smash_Mouth_Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #6
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
it's just preseason.
True, but considering we surpassed win total of 2005 season in 4 games. you got to feel we are headed in right direction for Sept 10th
Old 08-31-2006   #7
JAXwithanX
Veteran

Yeah guys remember it is just preseason....we should be wanting to lose these games.........

moving on.....a good game is a good game. I found it pretty enjoyable....congratulations Joppru.
JAXwithanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-31-2006   #8
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAXwithanX
Yeah guys remember it is just preseason....we should be wanting to lose these games.........

moving on.....a good game is a good game. I found it pretty enjoyable....congratulations Joppru.
CONGRATS on 2nd place preseason finish

AFC South
Team W L T PF PA
Houston 3 1 0 81 64
Jacksonville 3 1 0 90 78
Indianapolis 1 2 0 61 63
Tennessee 0 3 0 32 74
Old 08-31-2006   #9
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

There is nothing more boring than the fourth preseason game.
sakebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #10
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDTexansFan
CONGRATS on 2nd place preseason finish

AFC South
Team W L T PF PA
Houston 3 1 0 81 64
Jacksonville 3 1 0 90 78
Indianapolis 1 2 0 61 63
Tennessee 0 3 0 32 74

He really should change his nickname. That Jax doesn't stand for Jacksonville.
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #11
Smash_Mouth_Mario
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Smash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVP

Although we did play 2nd and 3rd string players most of the game. It was good to see that we have some depth.

Houston Texans Big Mistake - Ha ha! NOT!
Smash_Mouth_Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #12
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
it's just preseason.
Agreed. Your new avatar is a little weak though, my friend. No MS Paint phrase either. Whats up dude?
Old 08-31-2006   #13
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, if you have a choice, and you can either win or lose, WHY would you want to lose like we have every other preseason game in years past. What would the reason be for that? We didnt' even have to try that hard to win, we just have depth. Finally! Thank God for Gary Kubiak and crew!!!!!

If you don't thin it is great that we won three preseason games, then you are nuts.
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #14
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
it's just preseason.
Exactly. I gave my tickets away, and I'm glad I did. We watched some of the game and literally fell asleep during it.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #15
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAXwithanX

I am originally from Louisiana and an ex Saints fans. I remember one season that the Saints went 4-0 in pre-season, When regular season came around, they sucked like always!

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #16
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
I am originally from Louisiana and an ex Saints fans. I remember one season that the Saints went 4-0 in pre-season, When regular season came around, they sucked like always!

Bobby 119C
hush! We're in denial here!!
Old 09-01-2006   #17
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
it's just preseason.
I'd rather think of it as foreplay!

IMO the telling game was Denver, the guys overall looked really good in enemy territory. I can't wait till they open the playbook the rest of the way!
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
it's just preseason.
iT may just be preseason, but that Denver Loss was the Best Houston Texans game I'd seen in a long, long time.

This game was alright.
Old 09-01-2006   #19
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

It's clear we have the kind of depth this year that we've never had before.
And the intensity of the game in the 4th quarter up to the very end was impressive.
The crowd looked very sparse, but seemed to fill in later. Heard the traffic was murder and many fans were very late in arriving ?
Officially it was probably a sellout, but wonder what the actual number of fan
turnout was ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #20
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

That's interesting cause the new SI faults the Texans for depth. As has been posted earlier, they are predicting us as bottom-basement of the NFL at 3-13. I think we're going to surprise a lot of people when we aren't in the Quinn sweepstakes.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read