Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-31-2006   #1
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Did Pickett earn the #3 spot tonite?

He looked, whoops, make that listened <sigh> pretty good to me, anyone else think he grabbed the third spot?
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #2
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

IMO, Porter lost the #3 QB spot, and Pickett was the next one in line
Old 08-31-2006   #3
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked what I saw outta Pickett. I say he sticks around at #3.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #4
Dime
Hall of Fame

No.... Porter made the cut tonight...

Porter is a rook and can be groomed. Plus, He made some good plays. Picket didnt unseat him imo
Old 08-31-2006   #5
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime

Porter is a rook and can be groomed. Plus, He made some good plays. Picket didnt unseat him imo
How much do you want to groom a 3rd string QB? I would much rather have Pickett. At least he's had some game experience, albeit very little. I don't think I'd want an undrafted rookie QB as our 3rd stringer. Granted, if Pickett or Porter ever got significant playing time anyway our season is probably a lost cause anyway, but I would rather see Pickett behind Sage. That's just me though.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #6
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan281
I liked what I saw outta Pickett. I say he sticks around at #3.
or do both of them get cut, and we only carry 2 QB's?
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #7
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime

Pickett might have unseated Carr though.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-31-2006   #8
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9
or do both of them get cut, and we only carry 2 QB's?
that's not out of the question either.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #9
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i think we keep pickett. dude rides bulls.
Old 08-31-2006   #10
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Pickett looked a ton better than Porter. I think we are going to have say goodbye to that 7th round pick.
Old 08-31-2006   #11
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected

vinny, who do you think should be no. 3?
Old 08-31-2006   #12
Capster67
Veteran

No question in my mind that Pickett earned the #3. He has experience (has started an NFL game) and is young. I loved his ability to pick up the first down on a 4th down play!!! I don't buy the "bring a young rookie along as your #3" argument unless we're talking someone like Vince Young. Does anyone remember the last "young rookie" we were going to bring alone (Dave Ragone)?
Capster67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #13
ronaldod1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon
vinny, who do you think should be no. 3?

i don't post much, but i read here quite often.

you guys all seem to worship this vinny dude. why is that?
ronaldod1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #14
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldod1
i don't post much, but i read here quite often.

you guys all seem to worship this vinny dude. why is that?
i heard he can open beers. with his mind.
Old 08-31-2006   #15
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon
i heard he can open beers. with his mind.

Funniest thing i have heard all day. Would give ya rep but i must spread it around before giving it to you again. Vinny is one of the mods.
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #16
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Vinny is one of numerous knowledgable fans on these boards. People tend to ask questions of the guys that stick out as "knowing what they are talking about".

I tend to disagree with Vinny alot ..that could mean that im more ignorant than the average joe, or that i just dont think along the same lines .. but ya wont find me asking for Vinny's opinion much.. mostly cause I can expect that his opinion will be the exact opposite of mine hehe.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #17
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think that we will be carrying more than 2 QBs this year, in order to maximize the number of true contributing players. The 3rd will likely be a practice squad.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #18
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger
I don't think that we will be carrying more than 2 QBs this year, in order to maximize the number of true contributing players. The 3rd will likely be a practice squad.
that's about what I thought also...I expect to see Porter on the practice squad.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Vinny is one of numerous knowledgable fans on these boards. People tend to ask questions of the guys that stick out as "knowing what they are talking about".

I tend to disagree with Vinny alot ..that could mean that im more ignorant than the average joe, or that i just dont think along the same lines .. but ya wont find me asking for Vinny's opinion much.. mostly cause I can expect that his opinion will be the exact opposite of mine hehe.
If you find the cross section of Grid and my thoughts you will find the truth...in the middle somewhere.

I'm not sure what they do with QB3 PD. New coaches have new ideas about how they want to handle the roster. To me the most interesting angle on this is to see if we pick up Van Pelt if the Broncos cut him.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #20
ronaldod1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid

From what I've seen he really does his homework. I was just curious as to whether or not he holds some sort of position with the team.

Same goes for you Grid, Infantrycak etc.

keep up the good work guys. i appreciate the insight.
ronaldod1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read