Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-31-2006   #1
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Default Cuts to 53 man roster

Any thoughts who will make a last impression on Kubiak for the final cut down to 53 for tonights game?
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #2
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Derrick Lewis will either make 4th WR or 5th behind Anderson.

This game will decide our Fullback.

McKinney?

Will we get to see Quinton Porter again?

9th DL slot.

add more as I think of it.
Old 08-31-2006   #3
66cobra
Veteran

I would like to see more of who is fighting for the backup LB spots and yes, I think we will see some more of Quinton Porter as well as Cody Pickett.

Can't think of anything else...
66cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see Orr and Anderson tonight, along with Derrick Lewis vs other receivers and even Antwion Smith and Chris Taylor.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #5
rafterticket
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Any thoughts who will make a last impression on Kubiak for the final cut down to 53 for tonights game?
If you want to know who makes the team, and who gets cut, watch for the special teams standouts, and goats. Kubiak wants the bottom of the roster to contribute here.

Just ask Derrick Armstrong. Poor guy; I loved the way he could catch the ball.
Old 08-31-2006   #6
Doug
All Pro

I'm anxious to see Chris Taylor give it another try.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #7
real

I want to see what Watson can do
Sponsored links
Old 08-31-2006   #8
afcman
Veteran

I wonder if Carr will make it? (HA HA!! Couldn't help myself. )
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #9
tburdette
Rookie

Default Sam Cowart

Now that Demeco Ryans has solidified himself as MLB should we cut Cowart or keep him on as a veteran presence to help teach our younger LB? If we cut him though what kind of cap penalty would we take if it is too big then there is no way we need to get rid of him that bad.
tburdette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 304671 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tburdette
Now that Demeco Ryans has solidified himself as MLB should we cut Cowart or keep him on as a veteran presence to help teach our younger LB? If we cut him though what kind of cap penalty would we take if it is too big then there is no way we need to get rid of him that bad.
Cowart signed a two year deal with a little over a mil in signing bonus. His cap hit if he starts the season on the roster is $1.2 mil. If he is released the signing bonus will be the hit so actually a savings of about $200k but with a mil of dead space.
Old 08-31-2006   #11
Doug
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
I'm anxious to see Chris Taylor give it another try.
See, that Denver game already has me spoiled thinking I'll actually get to see the game tonight. Back to Gamecenter!
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #12
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I'd like to see who's playing LT tonight.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #13
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
I want to see Orr and Anderson tonight.
Why do you want to see Orr? Isnt he slated as a starter?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #14
K.D.
Veteran

I want to see Cochran. I think this guy is a diamond in the ruff, he seems to have a high motor and pretty good instincts. He should stand out tonight with all the PT he is going to get. I'm also interested in seeing Troy Evans for an extended time, I know he's going to make the team, but I want to see him playing major minutes and see what he can do aside from being a great special teamer.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Probabaly the most meaningless game (for us as fans) of all tonight.

I would say that Kubiak and Co. have pretty much already made their list of 53 by now, and now they've highlighted a few guys who are "on the bubble" to watch closely and see what they do.

I would expect that there's very little wiggle room. Somebody would have to turn in a very spectacular performance tonight in order to change their minds at this stage. I really think it's almost a done deal in terms of who's staying and who's not. Plus, you never know who might get hurt tonight, bumping a guy up the list (IF said player performs well).

Heck. I'd like to see absolutely zero of our starters play a single snap tonight. Go get some guys off the street to play tonight if we need depth for this game. When was the last time we had almost ZERO significant starters get hurt in the preseason? Seems like we almost always had a 1/2 dozen or so of our good players go down with freakish injuries during the preseason.

Of course, I'd be prone to get hurt, as well, if I were playing for Doomed Capers' team. That hamstring would get tweaked very often.
Old 08-31-2006   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

All I know is, if Sage has a good game tonight I can guarantee there'll be a thread tomorrow calling for he to be the starter. It'd be nice if he sat out the game too just to ensure that won't happen.
Old 08-31-2006   #17
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX
All I know is, if Sage has a good game tonight I can guarantee there'll be a thread tomorrow calling for he to be the starter. It'd be nice if he sat out the game too just to ensure that won't happen.
Will it be Porter and Pickett exclusively tonight?
Old 08-31-2006   #18
tburdette
Rookie

I saw that Sloan Thomas got picked up. That's good for him I always want to see former Texan do well.
tburdette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #19
kingh99

Benny's gonna make it, right? The second string (3rd?) FB in the second half of the last game looked pretty smooth catching the ball. Who was that guy??
Old 08-31-2006   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
Will it be Porter and Pickett exclusively tonight?
I would think the both of them will get an ample amout of PT. I don't even know who Pickett is, much less seen him play. Sage might play a few series at the most I would think. We'll see and hopefully we'll still get the "W".:bananasplit:

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read