Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What are your expectations for our Houston Texans this season?
Super Bowl Baby! 3 3.03%
AFC Championship game, make a fast impact. 1 1.01%
Wild Card- Hey, atleast we got in! 9 9.09%
Contend for playoffs until the end, even if we do not get in. 21 21.21%
.500. This would be our first winning season 37 37.37%
7 wins or less. Let's stay healthy and build for next year with our young talent 28 28.28%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2006   #1
TexansAllTheWayBaby
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 TexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro BowlerTexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via AIM to TexansAllTheWayBaby
Default Poll of the Week: Season Expectations

Okay, each week I will post ''The Poll of the Week'' with a question and multiple answers for you to select. You may also post a verbal comment if you would like.
Old 08-31-2006   #2
real

I don't expect a lot from them this season...I wouldn't care if they lost every game this year just as long as they competed and kept it close all the way through...I think next year is when I'll start getting P/O'd about losses...
Old 08-31-2006   #3
K.D.
Veteran

I don't expect us to be lame ducks this year, but I do expect showing heart, and lighting someone #ss up when we engage on them. I do think .500 for the season is really reachable, but that could just be the homer in me.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #4
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

16-0 with a trip to the superbowl. 8 Texans sent to the Probowl

Edit: Oh yea! and 2 Co-Defensive Rookies of the year (Demeco and Mario) and the first ever Offensive lineman to get OROY (Spencer).

Last edited by Brandon420tx; 08-31-2006 at 11:57 AM.
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #5
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

My thinking is with all the changes and such we will have an up and down year, but will avg out. My pick is .500 on the year. Next year I expect us to compete for a wild card spot or better.
Old 08-31-2006   #6
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
I don't expect a lot from them this season...I wouldn't care if they lost every game this year just as long as they competed and kept it close all the way through...I think next year is when I'll start getting P/O'd about losses...
No,no,no look at the schedule not every game we have to beat the Cowgirls. But we do have some winable games, so being in the games wont do. I'm not one who thinks we make a run for the playoffs this year but we can win a few of these games late in the season I can see .500 and as long we don't get smoked in the ones we do lose I would be happy. I would also like to see comments from players after a lost to see if they just hang their heads or say something to the effect of '' I po's and this won't happen again.
Roughnecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm happy, when my football team is looking at the schedule, and they believe they can win everygame. I believe we've got that this year. & we've got the depth to pull it off.

Surely we can't win everygame, so I'll throw a few losses in there.

I seriously think we can hold anyteam to under 20 points. I only see three teams that might challenge that.

Even though our offense sputters, I believe we'll score over 20.

I'm thinking 13-3, & homefield in the AFC Championship game.

Last edited by thunderkyss; 08-31-2006 at 12:28 PM.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-31-2006   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
.500. This would be our first winning season
Clarification: .500 would be our first non-losing season. We'd have to go at least 9-7 to consider it a 'winning' season.

I hoping for at least 8-8, but a reality check said 6-10.
Old 08-31-2006   #9
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

SUPERBOWL BABY!!!!!
Old 08-31-2006   #10
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected

Edit: nvm, Rep coming Nawzers way!
Old 08-31-2006   #11
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked "contend for the playoffs until the end". I'm an optomistic fellow and I think we shouldn't sell ourselves short. The eb & flow of a game changes with momentum and I've seen it first hand how a couple of bad calls and penalties can throw your team off and you lose the game. Hopefully we get a few breaks like that this year and we could be cheering loudly come December.
Old 08-31-2006   #12
John Clayton
Rookie

Sadly Houston fans. I see this being a long season for the Texans. They will long regret passing over the most exciting player to enter the league over the past 5 years.

This season:

4-12

Starting with a 37-3 shellacking at the hand of the Philadelphia Eagles.
John Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clayton
Sadly Houston fans. I see this being a long season for the Texans. They will long regret passing over the most exciting player to enter the league over the past 5 years.
yeah, AJ Hawk would have been a nice addition to our LB corps.
Old 08-31-2006   #14
srstex
Veteran

Quote:

This season:

4-12

With a comb-over like Claytons you really have to wonder what this man is thinking every time he opens his mouth, or writes an article.
Old 08-31-2006   #15
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
yeah, AJ Hawk would have been a nice addition to our LB corps.
Especially teamed up with Demeco.
Old 08-31-2006   #16
afcman
Veteran

You know? When I look at the schedule I say we SHOULD win half of them. That would be very nice.....but if we can knock out the Eagles it would be even better.
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #17
Bearfan Blue and Orange
Veteran

Quote:

This season:

4-12

Actually I am glad you see this as a "LONG SEASON" because that only means 1 thing... They are in the playoffs as that would "EXTEND" the season thus being a long season for the new and improved, and did I say DOMINATING!!! Texans!!!!
Bearfan Blue and Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #18
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 39634 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Contend for playoffs until the end, even if we do not get in.

That's how I voted...never liked the feeling of irrelevancy.
Old 08-31-2006   #19
K.D.
Veteran

Quote:

This season:

4-12

Who in the hell let the "GEEK SQUAD" in on this board?
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #20
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 77 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This season:

4-12

You guys just never give up, do ya? One day you will understand logical thinking!!!
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read