Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-31-2006   #1
Frills
Veteran

Default Volek wanting a trade

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....09/1002/SPORTS
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

wouldn't you want a trade as well??

I mean he's been on that team behind McNair, thinking that if he plays well, he'll one day be the starter........ thinking McNair only had a few years left. McNair leaves the team, and now it looks like he'll still be #2 on the depth chart??

From what he says, he thinks he's held up his part of the bargain. He thinks he's played well(I don't know as I haven't watched... or cared to watch, any of his games).

he thinks he's getting shafted.
Old 08-31-2006   #3
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
wouldn't you want a trade as well??

I mean he's been on that team behind McNair, thinking that if he plays well, he'll one day be the starter........ thinking McNair only had a few years left. McNair leaves the team, and now it looks like he'll still be #2 on the depth chart??

From what he says, he thinks he's held up his part of the bargain. He thinks he's played well(I don't know as I haven't watched... or cared to watch, any of his games).

he thinks he's getting shafted.
Fisher said that VY will remain the #2 no matter what...He said Volek and Collins would compete for #1....Read into it how ever you want, but he clearly said that VY will remain #2....
Old 08-31-2006   #4
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

This kinda stuff is why I'm gonna be keeping an eye on the Titans. Between them and the Cowboys....the stuff of daytime television.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #5
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

We're like a Soap Opera over here. Nashville is Ka-Ray-Zee
Old 08-31-2006   #6
Frills
Veteran

While I understand the reasons why he would want out, I can't wait until week 3 when they playoff hopes are over and the fans want VY to play.

Nothing better than seeing the Titans go down le'crapper.
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
Fisher said that VY will remain the #2 no matter what...He said Volek and Collins would compete for #1....Read into it how ever you want, but he clearly said that VY will remain #2....
Why? Has Young earned the no. 2 spot? Or is it an edict from the owner?

I don't blame Volek if he's the no. 3 QB after all these years.
Old 08-31-2006   #8
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree that Volek is getting the shaft. He has played well (in my eyes) and deserves a chance to be the #1. This is his only chance to start, and play for a contract somewhere else. He aspires to be a great QB, and the Titans sound like they have been giving him mixed signals.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #9
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
Why? Has Young earned the no. 2 spot? Or is it an edict from the owner?

I don't blame Volek if he's the no. 3 QB after all these years.
I am not sure about why...But That is what he said...IMO, it doesn't make sense for V.Y to be the third QB...Think about it...The titans,IMO, are in a rebuilding stage, and most don't forsee the Titans making any kind of noise come December/January...So if your starting QB gets injured or is playing so bad that he has to get yanked, why wouldn't you put in VY??/ I am sure Cashville ten-a-ki, would go absolutely nuts if the starter were to get yanked, only to put in someone else....Honestly I think they are just trying to give VY a chance to learn, because starting him, and sitting him don't seem like they would make that much difference in the outcome of their season...
Old 08-31-2006   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am not sure about why...But That is what he said...IMO, it doesn't make sense for V.Y to be the third QB...Think about it...The titans,IMO, are in a rebuilding stage, and most don't forsee the Titans making any kind of noise come December/January...So if your starting QB gets injured or is playing so bad that he has to get yanked, why wouldn't you put in VY??/ I am sure Cashville ten-a-ki, would go absolutely nuts if the starter were to get yanked, only to put in someone else....Honestly I think they are just trying to give VY a chance to learn, because starting him, and sitting him don't seem like they would make that much difference in the outcome of their season...
Well it depends on your philosophy. If you're a team that wants to sit your rookie QB in order for him to learn the NFL and system, then you put him 3rd. You don't want him playing unless the game is put away or out-of-control.

At no. 2, Young is just an injury away from playing. Why not start him then? Why not give him the Troy Aikman / David Carr treatment and say sink or swim?

Honestly, I think Young will be starting by the end of the season (probably by the time they play the Texans in Houston). So they've got to have him at no. 2, because a jump from 3 to 1 just doesn't make sense.

As good as the experts have pegged him, I think he's good enough to start now. Is he better than Collins? Let's find out!
Old 08-31-2006   #11
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
Well it depends on your philosophy. If you're a team that wants to sit your rookie QB in order for him to learn the NFL and system, then you put him 3rd. You don't want him playing unless the game is put away or out-of-control.

At no. 2, Young is just an injury away from playing. Why not start him then? Why not give him the Troy Aikman / David Carr treatment and say sink or swim?

Honestly, I think Young will be starting by the end of the season (probably by the time they play the Texans in Houston). So they've got to have him at no. 2, because a jump from 3 to 1 just doesn't make sense.

As good as the experts have pegged him, I think he's good enough to start now. Is he better than Collins? Let's find out!

I agree with that statement. I don't think that he will come in and lead the titans to the promise land, or anything crazy like that...But from the games I've watched, there wasn't much decline in play from Volek to VY...I think Volek is just upset because this was supposed to be his turn, and Collins just came in a crapped all over that parade...But yeah, I agree with you...when the titans come to H-town, VY probably will be the starter, because IMO, there season will dead by then....
Old 08-31-2006   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
that's even worse....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario
I agree that Volek is getting the shaft. He has played well (in my eyes) and deserves a chance to be the #1. This is his only chance to start, and play for a contract somewhere else. He aspires to be a great QB, and the Titans sound like they have been giving him mixed signals.
Exactly.... I'm sure Volek couldn't wait to get on the field, even before the draft, when everyone knew Tennessee were going to to take QB at the top of the first round.

He knows he isn't the future of Tennessee, so this year was going to be his resume. I like that kind of spunk in a guy...... makes no sense for him to stay in Tennessee.
Old 08-31-2006   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But yeah, I agree with you...when the titans come to H-town, VY probably will be the starter, because IMO, there season will dead by then....
Bizarre move IMO. Why bring in Collins at all? The only possible reason can be to win more games but if you actually believe that then if he is succeeding how are you going to bench him for VY? If they are just waiting to lose enough games to justify putting in the rookie they could have let Volek have the chance his patience and representations have to a degree earned.
Old 08-31-2006   #14
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Bizarre move IMO. Why bring in Collins at all? The only possible reason can be to win more games but if you actually believe that then if he is succeeding how are you going to bench him for VY? If they are just waiting to lose enough games to justify putting in the rookie they could have let Volek have the chance his patience and representations have to a degree earned.
Thats true...But the whole Collins thing is puzzling period....If I ran the Titans I would have rather had Volek start this season period...IMO, they will suck anyway so why not atleast show some kind of respect to Volek for his loyalty...
Old 08-31-2006   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:

That may be exactly why they didn't want Volek as their guy. You don't just take a winning QB out when you're in a race to the playoffs. So, get rid of Volek, start Kerry Collins......... you don't have to worry about a playoff race.
Old 08-31-2006   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
That may be exactly why they didn't want Volek as their guy. You don't just take a winning QB out when you're in a race to the playoffs. So, get rid of Volek, start Kerry Collins......... you don't have to worry about a playoff race.
So you're saying the Titans are subbing in Collins for Volek because he gives them less of a chance of winning?
Old 08-31-2006   #17
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
So you're saying the Titans are subbing in Collins for Volek because he gives them less of a chance of winning?
They could already be focused on next years draft, I wouldn't put anything over on old Bud.
Old 08-31-2006   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
My THEORY is that you can't start Young mid-season if the current starting QB is doing well. Volek stands a better chance of success than Collins at this point, simply because he knows the system and is probably a better QB right now.

Two things don't make sense without further understanding (in my mind): obtaining Collins, and stating that Young is no. 2 no matter what.
Old 08-31-2006   #19
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't Volek light it up in '04 while McNair was out with injury?
Old 08-31-2006   #20
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I would think this is perhaps just a reaction to the guy not being given a chance and feeling he deserves it. I'm sure when they called out Vince's name at the draft he knew his time in Tennessee was up.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read