Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-30-2006   #1
joetexan
Rookie

Default Carr: I don't want skin cancer, get me out of the sun

On NFL Network, they are showing a show on training camp. They were talking about the hot summer, and David Carr got on there, saying something along the lines of, "They better get me out of the sun. I don't want to get skin cancer. I'll sue and the stadium won't be Reliant Stadium, it'll be David Carr Stadium."

I think he was joking......I think.

For those interested in seeing it, it comes on again tonight at 12:30 a.m., and again tomorrow at 2:30 p.m. It's in the first 10 minutes.

Last edited by joetexan; 08-30-2006 at 07:40 PM.
joetexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's assume none of us ever typed a post in a Carr thread ever. What would you think? I would say send his arse back to where he came from.
Old 08-30-2006   #3
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

2 points.

1. I try not to get too much sun either.. this is a very hot and sunny area and its not healthy to spend too much time in it.

2. he was obviously joking.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #4
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Bench him.
Old 08-30-2006   #5
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
2. he was obviously joking.
ummm, ya. Anybody who has seen a Carr interview knows that half of it is sarcasm.
Old 08-30-2006   #6
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

final straw ..... he does not have "it" .....
Old 08-30-2006   #7
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm
he does not have "it" .....
Basal Cell Carcinoma?
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-30-2006   #8
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, he can always play and practice half the time and take half pay.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #9
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

I bet Sage could handle the sun, he is from Miami you know.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #10
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Lol, really?
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #11
2ToneBlue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joetexan
On NFL Network, they are showing a show on training camp. They were talking about the hot summer, and David Carr got on there, saying something along the lines of, "They better get me out of the sun. I don't want to get skin cancer. I'll sue and the stadium won't be Reliant Stadium, it'll be David Carr Stadium."

I think he was joking......I think.

For those interested in seeing it, it comes on again tonight at 12:30 a.m., and again tomorrow at 2:30 p.m. It's in the first 10 minutes.
Carr played his college career here in Fresno, ungodly amount of sun and heat. He was just joking around I'm sure.
2ToneBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #12
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Has DC been working the mic @ Laff Stop?

Old 08-30-2006   #13
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
Bench him.
no, trade him to arizona...
Old 08-30-2006   #14
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

i hate this board sometimes
Old 08-30-2006   #15
jmerog
Veteran

Fire his *****!

I've heard he also hates puppies and old people and gets weekly pedacures.

What a sorry piece of crap.

"bring me a sandwich and a 6-pack"
Old 08-30-2006   #16
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Let's assume none of us ever typed a post in a Carr thread ever. What would you think? I would say send his arse back to where he came from.
Dude back away from you computer, you are starting to be a Wonger clone with the obvious Carr hatred. It's going to be a very long season for you if Carr is the starter all year. Come to terms with it, welcome it, be assimulated in the Kubiak thought process.
Old 08-30-2006   #17
Lucky

Rep Power: 160417 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

After the interview, Carr drinks a bottle of water. When finished, David has the option of disposing of the empty into one of two trash receptacles. The 1st, a mere 5 feet away. The other, a good 15 yard toss. Of course, Carr goes the safe route and chucks the refuse in the closest bin. Typical.

Later, Carr went home to his family. Again. How much longer does this fan base have to put up with this slacker?

(This post is dedicated to dwilt72. Yes, I'm still an idiot.)
Old 08-30-2006   #18
jmerog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
Dude back away from you computer, you are starting to be a Wonger clone with the obvious Carr hatred. It's going to be a very long season for you if Carr is the starter all year. Come to terms with it, welcome it, be assimulated in the Kubiak thought process.
Not that i care or anything, but aren't you also a Carr hater? i just mean that your avatar isn't a glowing endorsment.
Old 08-31-2006   #19
Lucky

Rep Power: 160417 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmerog
Not that i care or anything, but aren't you also a Carr hater? i just mean that your avatar isn't a glowing endorsment.
He lost a bet. Plus, you have to admit that it's hilarious.
Old 08-31-2006   #20
jmerog
Veteran

thanks for the info...

and yes it is funny. (not that i agree)

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read