Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-30-2006   #1
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Preseason Game 4 Thread: Bucs @ Texans

Thur., Aug. 31
7 p.m

www.HoustonTexans.com

Gamecenter

http://www.buccaneers.com/

Old 08-30-2006   #2
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

I know Lundy, Morency, Carr and DRob not playing, anyone else know who is not playing??
Old 08-30-2006   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 275769 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ and Moulds. This is a backup battle although I think I read somewhere their 1st team or most of it may get 1 series or so.
Old 08-30-2006   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I just got handed tickets to this thing so I guess I'm going to go watch the backups battle away. I'm actually looking forward to it. I want to see this "Chris Taylor Beast" I keep hearing about. I figure he'll shine tomorrow night and earn himself a place on the practice squad or, maybe even the regular 53 man roster. Who knows, stranger things have happened. Tony Hollings got paid for 3 years here and if that can happen then Chris Taylor can earn a roster spot.
Old 08-30-2006   #5
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Typically this is a pretty intense game as folks are playing for jobs. Look for a lot of hard hits etc.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #6
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Yes Chris Taylor should earn a spot hopefully, he looked great at camp this year, we shall see what happens...............
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #7
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

24 - 17 W
Old 08-30-2006   #8
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I'm excited to see what unfolds at the WR position this game. We're now down to 7 WRs and theres lots of talent there. I'm guessing David Anderson gets put on the practice squad (then next year makes a Chris McKenzie type leap and competes for playing time) and Richie Ross gets cut, even though he really has come a far way so far and was left on the roster before Armstrong, so that says a lot.

And as you can tell, I'm excited to see Taylor get some quality playing time
Old 08-30-2006   #9
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Many of the starters are not scheduled to play. Pretty much anyone for whom there is a somewhat-guaranteed starter spot. Basically, the list of people who will play: some of the O-line, the DTs, some of the LBs, 3rd WR on down, and everyone else 2nd string on down should be out there.

I think Taylor is a lock for practice squad and still possibly a game role. After watching him shine early into camp, I am somewhat surprised he hasn't emerged yet past special teams. I'm also surprised to hear that Lundy is the projected starter at this point over Morency. IMO Morency just brings more to the table. But, JMO.
Old 08-30-2006   #10
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainPatriot

This game is usually for the guys on the so called BUBBLE. This is the make or break game for them. I expect to see alot of hustle in this game.
Old 08-30-2006   #11
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

As is usual, the 4th preseason game is where the confirmed starters take a breather and let those who are fighting for a roster spot have all the fun. I will watch it for two reasons.

1) Because I love the Texans
2) Because I want to know which RBs will get cut.

Personally I think we will see Antowain getting the shaft since he cannot do KR, where as Taylor can. Dual positions are vital, as you all know. DD is a completely different story.
Old 08-30-2006   #12
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainPatriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I just got handed tickets to this thing so I guess I'm going to go watch the backups battle away. I'm actually looking forward to it. I want to see this "Chris Taylor Beast" I keep hearing about. I figure he'll shine tomorrow night and earn himself a place on the practice squad or, maybe even the regular 53 man roster. Who knows, stranger things have happened. Tony Hollings got paid for 3 years here and if that can happen then Chris Taylor can earn a roster spot.
LOL I like your avatar. Look out you might have to by that guy a Roast Duck Dinner with Mango Salsa!
Old 08-31-2006   #13
Mysteryhunt
Veteran

i want to see eric winston, i haven't seen much his play yet.
Mysteryhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #14
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Probably get to see out 3rd string QB as well, Pickett or Porter, to see what they're all about.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #15
real

Is P-Buch going to play much..?
Old 08-31-2006   #16
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
Many of the starters are not scheduled to play. Pretty much anyone for whom there is a somewhat-guaranteed starter spot. Basically, the list of people who will play: some of the O-line, the DTs, some of the LBs, 3rd WR on down, and everyone else 2nd string on down should be out there.

I think Taylor is a lock for practice squad and still possibly a game role. After watching him shine early into camp, I am somewhat surprised he hasn't emerged yet past special teams. I'm also surprised to hear that Lundy is the projected starter at this point over Morency. IMO Morency just brings more to the table. But, JMO.

If perfomance of Lundy and Morency stay relative to their play in preseason (of course expecting proportionate improvement with time), I would expect that there will not be much difference in their weekly allotted playing times.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #17
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13
As is usual, the 4th preseason game is where the confirmed starters take a breather and let those who are fighting for a roster spot have all the fun. I will watch it for two reasons.

1) Because I love the Texans
2) Because I want to know which RBs will get cut.

Personally I think we will see Antowain getting the shaft since he cannot do KR, where as Taylor can. Dual positions are vital, as you all know. DD is a completely different story.
Smith will not be cut unless Kub intends to use a FB or converted TE for that tough couple of goal line yards.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006   #18
Rightnow
Veteran

I got tickets yesterday from work so I will be there tonight. I hope there is a good crowd even though it is the 4th preseason game.

I wonder if Carr will be out there for one series? I wouldn't be surprised, because the chance of injury is low and they may want to work with him on one or two things.

If not, I expect a good game because people are fighting for their jobs.
Old 08-31-2006   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I get to go, and check out my seats......

TBs second team was just as brutal against Jacksonville, so I'm hopping to see McKinney, Hogdon & the rest of our line against those guys.
Old 08-31-2006   #20
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Guys, I don't think most of our starters are playing today. I have heard that Simms at least should be in for the first quarter for Tampa. Maybe we can win anyway, but unless we at least have some of our starting O-line this could get ugly.

Last edited by RiotCommander; 08-31-2006 at 05:57 PM.
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read