Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-30-2006   #1
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Stat projections by Sports Illustrated

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...qbs/index.html

Here's the predicted stats for David Carr:

David Carr, 3113 yds passing, 18 TDs, 12 INTs
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #2
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice. Nuff Said.
Old 08-30-2006   #3
flylikeaneagle
Veteran

Too funny.
flylikeaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #4
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

The man had 3500 yards in 04. I think anything under the 04 total should be considered a dissapointment. And 20+ TD's would be nice...
Old 08-30-2006   #5
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected

Man Carr ahead Brett F., Jake D., Drew B., and Big Ben. Thats nice and all, and I fully support David Carr but he has to show me something in order for me to draft him on my fantasy team, sorry I don't have 2 or 3 years for him to get better but nice they mentioned him.
Roughnecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #6
Texans86
All Pro

I'm impressed that they have DD running for 873 yards and 4 TD.
Old 08-30-2006   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run
The man had 3500 yards in 04. I think anything under the 04 total should be considered a dissapointment. And 20+ TD's would be nice...
If he looks better than he did in 2004 with less stats, I'll be happy.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-30-2006   #8
Texans86
All Pro

Ha, they have both Fitzgerald and A.Boldin from Arizona above our leading reciever, AJ, but the Arizona quarterback is not even on the fantasy top 20.
Old 08-30-2006   #9
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

carr was poised to be the breakout star last year and we all know how that turned out. oh wait, it wasnt carr it was the system.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #10
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam

I will take that in a second from Carr.
Old 08-30-2006   #11
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:

Feasible. As a Carr supporter though, I must say that his pre-season performance is on the shaky side. To some degree I'm looking for him to play much better than the first 4 seasons, but I realize that he'll be adjusting to the Kubiak system and may mess up some. Just gotta pray on it now.
Old 08-30-2006   #12
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFan
Feasible. As a Carr supporter though, I must say that his pre-season performance is on the shaky side. To some degree I'm looking for him to play much better than the first 4 seasons, but I realize that he'll be adjusting to the Kubiak system and may mess up some. Just gotta pray on it now.
I'm just gonna throw this out there so the Carr haters can flame it.

Folks. Give it some time.

I have seen QBs transform themselves during the course of a season. Young men starting for the first time in a new system. QBs have to digest a lot of information after the ball is snapped. Ask anyone who has played the position. They will tell you that when they started in a new O, everything moved at a blazing pace. After a few games and they started to get comfortable, and the pace started to slow down. It seems as if the WRs and DBs are walking. It gets easier to make reads and therefore decisions.

Do you really expect a young QB in a new O, that has spent more time the last 4 seasons on his back than standing up, to come out and play like Peyton Manning in the preseason?

Well let me just say this.

Pass the pipe!
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #13
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217648 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84
Do you really expect a young QB in a new O, that has spent more time the last 4 seasons on his back than standing up, to come out and play like Peyton Manning in the preseason?

Well let me just say this.

Pass the pipe!
It's like I said not too long ago. He's got a lot of crap to unlearn. Odds are, he's going to get worse before he gets better. But even as shaky has he's been, if he continues to put up numbers similar to his pre-season numbers and plays a full season, he's going to have over 3200 yards. With a strong enough defense (which ours isn't, yet), that's good enough performance to win a SB.

We've seen Carr throw for 3500 yards and with this offense, I don't think it's any big stretch for him to throw for 4000. I just don't expect it this year.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 298506 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Not bad, but what's the win/loss record? Scoreboard is all that matters.
Old 08-30-2006   #15
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Sarcasm should be a punishable offense.

Honestly.. if someones only contribution to conversations is to say something pointless and sarcastic in an attempt to mock other people's opinions, then it should be legal for the offended party to beat them with a sack of doorknobs to within an inch of thier life.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #16
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

I like it, I hope the fortune ball continues to look good for David !
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #17
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans86
Ha, they have both Fitzgerald and A.Boldin from Arizona above our leading reciever, AJ, but the Arizona quarterback is not even on the fantasy top 20.
Warner is often hurt and Leinart is pushing for a starting spot. You cant be sure how will be the Arizona QB. More then likley DC will be our QB for the whole season, making him a safer pick.
Old 08-30-2006   #18
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

If Carr throws for say 3200 yards, 18 TDs, 11 Ints, has a 60% completion rate and some where around a 90 QB rating, but the win/loss is 4-12. Is he at fault?

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read