Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2006   #1
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116441 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mathis on PUP

Havent read anything about Mathis being put on PUP, but NFL.com is reporting it.

http://nfl.com/transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFL.com
Placed KR Jerome Mathis on the physically unable to perform list.
Comments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #2
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this was to be expected.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #3
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116441 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

What is wrong with him? I seem to be drawing a blank.

Let the flaming begin....

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 08-29-2006   #4
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
What is wrong with him? I seem to be drawing a blank.

Let the flaming begin....
Stress fracture in his foot I believe. How long does the PUP keep you out?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #5
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
Stress fracture in his foot I believe. How long does the PUP keep you out?
Week 6 (could be 8) of the season.

Feel free to close this thread. I must be a space cadet today.

Quote:
Old 08-30-2006   #6
Divebomb
Veteran

Default Mathis out PUP, bring in R. McNeal for KR?

We all know that Regie McNeal is really fast and has alot of potential. I think he is going to be cut by Cinn for sure, most Cinn fans on there message board have already agree that he will get the boot. If we can get that guy, he could fill the KR role until Mathis comes back. He would step in day one already providing more speed than almost all of our recievers. Plus there is the QB option on fake punts? Make him a FG holder, fake FG has never looked so promissing with that guy in. The guy brings some impact on special teams and with Kubiak working with him there is no doubt we could make that guy into a player at WR or QB. One thing for sure he would pose way more of a threat on this boot happy offense.
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divebomb
We all know that Regie McNeal is really fast and has alot of potential. I think he is going to be cut by Cinn for sure, most Cinn fans on there message board have already agree that he will get the boot. If we can get that guy, he could fill the KR role until Mathis comes back. He would step in day one already providing more speed than almost all of our recievers. Plus there is the QB option on fake punts? Make him a FG holder, fake FG has never looked so promissing with that guy in. The guy brings some impact on special teams and with Kubiak working with him there is no doubt we could make that guy into a player at WR or QB. One thing for sure he would pose way more of a threat on this boot happy offense.
No thanks
Old 08-30-2006   #8
Sco-tai
Veteran

Actually, I kinda like the idea.

I'm not saying he will turn out as good as Randal El, but he's definitely cut from a similar cloth.

It'd be worth a shot, thats for sure.
Old 08-30-2006   #9
real

He's not going to be cut...
Old 08-30-2006   #10
texflex513
All Pro

I agree hopefully they let him go and we get him.. alot of my friends here in cincy love his lightning speed but they know the bengals have too many talented recievers for him to make the team.... thats funny i have mcneal as my starting QB for the texans on the game sim NFL Head Coach.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #11
B.Diddy
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to B.Diddy

I kinda like the Reggie Mcneal as a third string QB/rec/special teames plus Kubes likes multi dimensional players
Old 08-30-2006   #12
Frills
Veteran

They can't cut him, other than Palmer he's the only Bengal able to avoid jail this offseason
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Diddy
I kinda like the Reggie Mcneal as a third string QB/rec/special teames plus Kubes likes multi dimensional players
At this point in time, I don't think he's muti-dimensional. He's no more than a ST player as of right now. I don't think Kubiak will bring in anyone that couldn't provide decent depth at a particular position.
Old 08-30-2006   #14
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer
Smile

I'd bring in McNeal if he is cut. That guy is FAST.
and like Jimmy J. said; You can't coach speed.
heck, i'd put 15 pounds on him and try him at tailback.
Old 08-30-2006   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX
At this point in time, I don't think he's muti-dimensional. He's no more than a ST player as of right now. I don't think Kubiak will bring in anyone that couldn't provide decent depth at a particular position.
This is what I've been trying to say but I was getting the
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #16
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think if he is cut the is worth a look. That speed is freaky. I like the fg holding idea.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #17
Big J
Rookie

Default Cincy=Thugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frills
They can't cut him, other than Palmer he's the only Bengal able to avoid jail this offseason
Haha so true.
Big J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #18
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frills
you mean they got Marvin Lewis too....sorry couldn't resist
Old 09-01-2006   #19
AggieTexanFan
Rookie

Reggie has a huge EGO

went in the sixth round, instead of the 3rd-4th b/c he would not give up his QB dreams, b/c he honestly thinks he is the best QB ever. Often compared him self to Vick, but better here at A&M. Also said QBs like Manning and Brady were dying breeds and he was the future after being drafting

He fits with Cinny, b/c they are a team of low character guys and he fits in

He is not a team player, and has a possibility of wrecking the locker room with his attitude.

I meet the guy and he is an ass, so no leave him be.
AggieTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #20
Divebomb
Veteran

I told you he would not make that team with that WR Core. McNeal is now available; I think the Texans should jump on that opportunity.
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read