Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-30-2006   #1
Old School Texan
Rookie

Default Great Article On Wali Lundy's Childhood

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/...092304aaw.html

This kid has been through a lot. This will make a great ESPN story if he has a great season.
Old School Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #2
Doom Capers
Veteran

Thanks. Good read.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #3
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School Texan
http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/...092304aaw.html

This kid has been through a lot. This will make a great ESPN story if he has a great season.
I agree it will make a great story but i doubt they (BSpn) will touch it if wali plays better than.. YOU KNOW WHO....and if they do best believe.. YOU KNOW WHO... will be mentioned by them often.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #4
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, he has been through a lot. I hope he does really well.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #5
Sco-tai
Veteran

EXCELLENT article! As I recall reading directly after the draft, I believe Mario also had a very difficult situation in his life. Almost to the point where he quit football to help raise his sister's child (if my memory serves me correctly).

I believe tragedy definitely tests "what the person's made of". It seems like the Texans have some special young players.

Kudos to Old School Texan to find that article.

Thanks for sharing!

Old 08-30-2006   #6
Old School Texan
Rookie

I believe tragedy definitely tests "what the person's made of". It seems like the Texans have some special young players.

I definitely don't see any Pacman Jones' on this squad!
Old School Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #7
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

I was working at a local festival here in Austin last weekend and a gentleman noticed my Texans garb and started telling me all about Wali, this man was from NC and saw Wali mature, and not ot mention he raved about how great a person he is.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read