Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2006   #1
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler
Default Which Texans are bringing the "A" game in?

After only 3 pre-season games, a few of the Texans players have stood out to me, as if they are definately bringing there A game in.

What are your opinions?

Ryans - definately a stand out to me, a cut above the rest
Morency
Babin
Spencer
AJ
Robinson
Moulds
Old 08-29-2006   #2
K.D.
Veteran

What about greenwood,peek,sanders,daniels,lundy, and even Sage.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #3
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

ryans, spencer, peek, babin, & morency really stood out to me as giving 110%.
Old 08-29-2006   #4
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan
After only 3 pre-season games, a few of the Texans players have stood out to me, as if they are definately bringing there A game in.

What are your opinions?

Ryans - definately a stand out to me, a cut above the rest
Morency
Babin
Spencer
AJ
Robinson
Moulds

Ryans - The kid is a first round pick that we stole in the 2nd. If he continues to develope we have a Pro-Bowler.

Morency - 1 good game so far.

Babin - As always, I see flashes of talent from this kid, but he just always seems to be a few seconds late.

Spencer - In time he will be our starting LT. I have no doubt about that. The only thing holding him back are rookie mistakes. He moves well for a guy his size.

AJ - As long as he is focused there arn't many CBs that can hang with him.

D-Rob - Nothing new here. Hard worker, I hope he can show some improvement this year in INTs. We could really use more turnovers.

Moulds - Very consistant, I think he will finally be our give us a chance to spread the ball around.

O. Daniels - Great hands and ability to find the hole in zone coverage.

Sanders - Stepped up and showed his desire to be our #2 CB.
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #5
da.texans
Rookie

wow no love for Super Mario????I though he did good consider he is a rookie and constanly draw double team????
da.texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #6
quicksilver
Overweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotCommander
D-Rob - Nothing new here. Hard worker, I hope he can show some improvement this year in INTs. We could really use more turnovers.
Absolutely correct. The problem with this is that opponents won't throw to his side if we don't shut down the receiver on the other side--just like last year.
Old 08-29-2006   #7
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

Quote:
Originally Posted by da.texans
wow no love for Super Mario????I though he did good consider he is a rookie and constanly draw double team????
While at DT, did you see how he drove that lineman all up in Plumers face.
He made the pocket claps quik and Babin was, "comming around the corner as he comes..."
The whole first team d needs props..PeeK from the Rams game too.

Even Buchannon has stepped his game up.

Top honors go to DeMeco..I can't stop talking about him to ppl once they get me going on Texans.

Last edited by Blu; 08-29-2006 at 11:20 PM.
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-29-2006   #8
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

Ryans
Lundy
AJ
Daniels
Rosenfel
Moulds
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #9
Mysteryhunt
Veteran

seems like our strategy of drafting character and work ethic is paying off.
Mysteryhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu
While at DT, did you see how he drove that lineman all up in Plumers face.
He made the pocket claps quik and Babin was, "comming around the corner as he comes..."
The whole first team d needs props..PeeK from the Rams game too.
Mario has been scary good playing DT. The whole pocket just collapses. Whoever's playing end on his side is going to be scaring the hell out of the QB.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #11
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

My list would be too long, but just a few are:

DeMeco, way ahead of his learning curve, an impact player and potential Rookie of the year.
Mario, not far behind DeMeco, and making things happen for the rest of the D-Line.
Peek and Babin, both look like they have decided to get serious this year.
Sanders, looks like he wants the job.
Dunta is still being Dunta, what can I say?

Flannigan looks like the anchor and leader we have needed on the O-Line for a long time.
Spencer, great physical talent that will get much better with coaching and experience.
Daniels, still looks like a rookie at times, but shows great potential.

Morency and Lundi, willing to do what it takes to work in the new system.

And in about 10 minutes I will be saying "Oh crap, I forgot about _________".
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #12
real

D.Carr
Rosenfels
Lundy
Morency
Pitts
Spencer
Moulds
Daniels
Jopru
T.J
Ryans
Sanders
Buchannon
Old 08-30-2006   #13
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Texan
My list would be too long, but just a few are:

DeMeco, way ahead of his learning curve, an impact player and potential Rookie of the year.
Mario, not far behind DeMeco, and making things happen for the rest of the D-Line.
Peek and Babin, both look like they have decided to get serious this year.
Sanders, looks like he wants the job.
Dunta is still being Dunta, what can I say?

Flannigan looks like the anchor and leader we have needed on the O-Line for a long time.
Spencer, great physical talent that will get much better with coaching and experience.
Daniels, still looks like a rookie at times, but shows great potential.

Morency and Lundi, willing to do what it takes to work in the new system.

And in about 10 minutes I will be saying "Oh crap, I forgot about _________".

What he said...
Old 08-30-2006   #14
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

i would say for sure demeco ryans.. a plus all the way with him.

some other people that have done exceptionally well, sage rosenfels, eric moulds, texans d as a whole, and i was say buchanan returning punts wise.
yourfavoritetexan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #15
HeartofHouston
Veteran

Ryans, Lundy, Morency, Daniels, Super Mario, Peek and Sanders
Old 08-30-2006   #16
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to say the OL and DL have stepped up their "A" game.
DL has 9 sacks, whereas the OL has allowed 3. I'm keeping
my fingers crossed that both sides only get better.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #17
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato
I'd like to say the OL and DL have stepped up their "A" game.
DL has 9 sacks, whereas the OL has allowed 3. I'm keeping
my fingers crossed that both sides only get better.
I have to agree with that. If there was anything we can say about this offseason is that we way ahead of where we were with these units last year.

That being said, for all the crap that our organization has taken for the draft class we had, we did a great job in the draft and FA considering you can tell this is where the new staff wanted to improve our team.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #18
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with all of these guys. Ryans has definately been the best.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally, I think Kubiak has done the best so far.:bananasplit:
Old 08-30-2006   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Ryans, Morency, and Lundy are the top three that stick out in my mind. They've risen above and beyond what I had hoped for, and it'll be a great season if we are seeing things to come.

Several other players, as noted above, should be on the list, too.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read