Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2006   #1
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Schlereth?

Schlereth just defended the Texan's pck of Mario over Bush against Clayton?

WTH?
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #2
J-Man
Veteran

What's your point? Several guys from ESPN have stated that the agree or at least have no issue with Mario being selected over Bush.

Mark Schlereth has stated from day one that he liked the pick since it bolsters our strength in the trenches and adds some potential pass rush that we have badly needed.

Eat 'em Up, KATS!
J-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #3
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck

WTH?
Clayton vs Schlereth in a cage match to decide this
Old 08-29-2006   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

WTH?
I just saw that myself.... I recall being upset with him, when he was drooling all over Reggies 44 yard scamper......

but you know, at the time, you can almost understand what he was thinking.
Old 08-29-2006   #5
K.D.
Veteran

Yeah, I seen that and Schleridth(sp) is always defending texans about their pick, which is right because he knows about this whole scheme that Kubiak is putting in place. I love what he told Clayton about when they brought up second-guessing about the pick. Stick with your Guns, Schleridth. Screw wierd-looking Clayton.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #6
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw that too, he did a good job of explaining why it is important to build the core of a team. I am glad to hear some of the people in the national media looking past the Almighty Bush for a change.
Old 08-29-2006   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Man
What's your point? Several guys from ESPN have stated that the agree or at least have no issue with Mario being selected over Bush.

Mark Schlereth has stated from day one that he liked the pick since it bolsters our strength in the trenches and adds some potential pass rush that we have badly needed.
My point is that I haven't heard anyone except that one guy from Around the Horn from ESPN defending the Williams pick. After some comments that Schlerith had made after Bush's 44 yard run in the first preseason game, I thought he was another one of those guys.
Sponsored links
Old 08-29-2006   #8
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

just another stupid thread about us being dumb for not taking bush...
Old 08-29-2006   #9
titan hater
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFanInCC
just another stupid thread about us being dumb for not taking bush...
Your aviator seems to contradict your statement...
Old 08-29-2006   #10
TexasJedi
Hall of Fame

Quote:
My point is that I haven't heard anyone except that one guy from Around the Horn from ESPN defending the Williams pick. After some comments that Schlerith had made after Bush's 44 yard run in the first preseason game, I thought he was another one of those guys.
That is the (great) Michael Smith!
-Mario #90
TexasJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasJedi
That is the (great) Michael Smith!
Yeah. That guy.
Old 08-29-2006   #12
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I suspect all of the ESPN Bush homers are looking around for some cover re
their pick of Bush vs. anybody else in this years Draft. They are probably wanting to sound a little more objective and reasonable than when they initially jumped en mass on the Bush bandwagon. Based on Bushs preseason
performance, there are already several other running backs alone that have been more impressive than Bush.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #13
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
I suspect all of the ESPN Bush homers are looking around for some cover re
their pick of Bush vs. anybody else in this years Draft. They are probably wanting to sound a little more objective and reasonable than when they initially jumped en mass on the Bush bandwagon. Based on Bushs preseason
performance, there are already several other running backs alone that have been more impressive than Bush.
AND their names are Wali Lundy and Vernand Morency
Old 08-30-2006   #14
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Schlereth and Golic both agreed that Mario would have more sacks than Reggie would have TDs a couple of weeks ago.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read