Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2006   #1
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Sports Illustrated predicts us to go 3-13

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...rt/texans.html

Can't wait to prove them wrong. I just hope we prove them wrong by more than 2 games.
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #2
Mysteryhunt
Veteran

looks like they didnt have time to really look into the changes we've made. it's too bad, though not at all surprising. i mean we've probably got 2 wins just from the titans, so i dont see how 3 wins total is even close to realistic.
Mysteryhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #3
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

5 wins is about right.

They are not too far off.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #4
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Until proven otherwise there is no reason for the national media to hold the Texans in a high regard. We know the changes we've made and we're a better team but it all comes down to how we perform on the field. And until we can show consistently that we are a better team, don't expect the media to show us in a better light. I frankly don't care what some magazine "predicts". I think we have a shot at winning 6 to 7 games simply based on the improved team and improved coaching.
Old 08-29-2006   #5
wrestler4life
Veteran

I think that we will prove that we are a better team, but we have a lot of gelling to do and it is not going to happen overnight. I think that we will be better, but three wins should be reachable by the 10th week.
Old 08-29-2006   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't read nor have I cared what SI has published since they treated the Rockets so badly after winning thier first of the two championships in the mid 90's.:brickwall
Old 08-29-2006   #7
Htown34s
Veteran

I don't see where they project 3 wins, am I missing it?
Old 08-29-2006   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

We're underdogs, so I don't expect much love from the national media. You earn respect in the NFL, and 2-14 is a sure fire way to be quickly disrespected. No big deal. I look forward to the Texans proving everyone wrong this season.
Old 08-29-2006   #9
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

There is nothing in that link about overall record...and the fact they claim DD will be the main beneficiery of the zone blocking system shows you how up to date they are on our team.
Old 08-29-2006   #10
flylikeaneagle
Veteran

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...ort/index.html

Here are their predictions. LOL!
flylikeaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #11
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylikeaneagle
They played it safe in the NFC East, huh.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #12
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

That's a 50 % increase in wins over last year. Doesn't that sound like a big
improvement ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #13
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog
They played it safe in the NFC East, huh.

The 9-7 thing in the NFC East almost sold it for me to laugh... then I saw that they had the Cowboys going to the playoffs.

Old 08-29-2006   #14
Old School Texan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylikeaneagle

The Titans are going to win 2 more games than the Texans? Yeah, I see that one. (sarcasm in tone)
Old School Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #15
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX
I haven't read nor have I cared what SI has published since they treated the Rockets so badly after winning thier first of the two championships in the mid 90's.:brickwall
Said the same in another article here - I feel like you; To this day I wont buy or read their product - its nothing but Media/East coast biased crap IMHO.
Old 08-29-2006   #16
Trapped
Veteran

the sports betting world got us at 5.5 wins. Until proven otherwise, we are probably a 5-6 win team. 3-13 is not a reach, but they will be wrong.
Most users ever online was 1,493, 04-28-2006 at 09:04 PM
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #17
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Mike & Mike on ESPN Radio said 4-12 and 5-11, I emailed them and said you want to make a bet for charity, I told them the Texans will easily win more games than 5. I also asked how they knew was daylight, (they keep referencing Dallas as a Super Bowl team) I said you must have your head up your A - - if you think Texans won't win more than 4 or 5 and Cowpatties going to Super Bowl
Old 08-29-2006   #18
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDTexansFan
Mike & Mike on ESPN Radio said 4-12 and 5-11, I emailed them and said you want to make a bet for charity, I told them the Texans will easily win more games than 5. I also asked how they knew was daylight, (they keep referencing Dallas as a Super Bowl team) I said you must have your head up your A - - if you think Texans won't win more than 4 or 5 and Cowpatties going to Super Bowl
If you can get a bet in with them I'd like to join in the pot lol

I will garentee 5, even 6 wins, I think we'll get our best record ever as a franchise so that means atleast .500 Denver's game really grew my confidence in the team and defense especially.
Old 08-29-2006   #19
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

Shoot, I think we could win three with our back up dline, rb, te, qb, and ot's.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #20
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP
Default ...learning year, important year

Well, they are picking us to be the worse team in the NFL again, which means #1 pick...other posters are correct IMO when they say we have to earn respect before we get any kudos. Predicters concede we may play/perform better but have too much work to get done before we are a threat in the standings.

I know we have a lot of enthusiasm going into our 5th year but-just as posters are saying this is Carr's 'real' first year-if that is true for Carr, then it's true for the entire team. If your'e one of those posters saying 'give Carr' this year to learn the system, how can you expect us to have a winning record with our QB in 'learning' mode?

As Kubiak has said many times, the team is going to go as far as Carr 'takes' it--as Carr goes, the team goes. In other words, we can't have it both ways-mediocre QB play will not translate into wins.

IMO, the challenge for Kubiak will be to keep the players focused and motivated, something Capers was not able to do last year. However, IMO, it will be a 'big' mistake if Kubiak does not 'press' forward--despite anything else--with his agenda/playbook/philosophy. If this is going to be a 'learning' year for better seasons to come, then every player on the team needs to be committed to learning/improving/excelling. Even in losing, this season is crucial...
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read