Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Should the Texans cut Domanick Davis?
Yes 38 30.89%
No 85 69.11%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2006   #1
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Default Should we cut Domanick Davis ?

Just a quick poll, should we cut Domanick Davis from the Roster on Sept. 2nd final cut? I have read many mixed reactions on this board, do we have enough talent with the 4 remaining backs on the roster to suceed.....Or is Domanick a vital role on this Texans Team?
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #2
PhillyFan
Veteran

Its a very tough call if you ask me.

You have 2 very young guys who have shown a lot of promise.

However, there is no replacing experience, which DD has. Personally, I wouldnt cut him.

I would keep him on the roster, and most likely have him inactive for 6-8 weeks and see how things go.

From memory, he did pass him physical in camp right? Meaning, he is inelligible for the PUP list
PhillyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #3
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

don't cut him. if you've gotta let him go, trade him.
Old 08-29-2006   #4
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I would put him on IR since he cant be placed on the pup list . I think he can contribute to the team if not this season then next .

What are the cap hit if we cut him this season ? .... If he cant play next season then cut him and take the loss .

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon
don't cut him. if you've gotta let him go, trade him.
What do you think we'd get for a banged up unreliable RB?
Old 08-29-2006   #6
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ....

I just saw on my fantasy football newswire that Lundy is expected to start for the Texans opening week. Can anyone verify that?
Old 08-29-2006   #7
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
I would put him on IR since he cant be placed on the pup list . I think he can contribute to the team if not this season then next .

What are the cap hit if we cut him this season ? .... If he cant play next season then cut him and take the loss .
Of course people will vote no. You haven't given them an either/or. As in either Davis gets cut or Joppru (just for discussion purposes although he could be on the bubble since the 3rd FB did a good job the other game). If you give them an either/or the numbers will get much closer.
Sponsored links
Old 08-29-2006   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
I just saw on my fantasy football newswire that Lundy is expected to start for the Texans opening week. Can anyone verify that?

Here's a link to todays Chronicle article

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4147469.html

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #9
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

put him on IR this year and see what next season brings. If Lundy and Morency do the business then maybe DD will be gone. Its easier to trade a healthy RB though.
Looks like I'll have to change my fantasy team....
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted "cut him" due to the fact the guy hasn't finished a season yet without getting hurt. We have a promising young backfield now without him.
Old 08-29-2006   #11
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX
I voted "cut him" due to the fact the guy hasn't finished a season yet without getting hurt. We have a promising young backfield now without him.

Good Point HOU-TEX ! it truely hurts not having him out on the field I'd rather see Kubiak put that extra spot to where we need more depth, than just having 52 players that can only preform.....instead of 53
Old 08-29-2006   #12
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

OK...next question. Is Lundy going to get the bulk of the carries, or is going to be a 50/50 thing with Morency?
Old 08-29-2006   #13
PhillyFan
Veteran

Odds are, you cant trade him either.

he wouldnt pass a physical for it to go through.

And didnt he just sign a new contract last year? Im wondering what the cap implications are.
Old 08-29-2006   #14
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

I'm almost positve Kubiak will do 50/50 just to give the opposing team Defense every week a different look......also keep other teams off balance as to who they need to key on every week, that was the bad thing about Domanick every team new he was going to get the ball every game, but if we can have a 2 punch backfield, that should keep other teams off balance, look at Pittsburg, Denver, and some other succesfull teams they always had two talented backs, going into the playoffs........making them a winner.
Old 08-29-2006   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't vote in this. It's just too close to call. You can't trade him so forget about that. Nobody is going to give us anything for our 4th round, easily injured, pain sensitive, bicycle riding RB. We can't PUP him because he wasn't "hurt" when he went to camp. We can either cut him or place him on the IR.

Despite the fact that Lundy is starting (or is supposed to start) I'd expect the two backs (Lundy and Morency) to have similar numbers until one of them starts to pull away and stand out. I expect that back to eventually be Morency but who really knows.
Old 08-29-2006   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
I'm almost positve Kubiak will do 50/50 just to give the opposing team Defense every week a different look......also keep other teams off balance as to who they need to key on every week, that was the bad thing about Domanick every team new he was going to get the ball every game, but if we can have a 2 punch backfield, that should keep other teams off balance, look at Pittsburg, Denver, and some other succesfull teams they always had two talented backs, going into the playoffs........making them a winner.
The Patriots look very nice as well so far this pre-season with the rookie and Dillon. I think more and more teams will be doing the dual threat thing as time goes. It not only takes the load off the other RB, it provides different looks for the D.
Old 08-29-2006   #17
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
We can't PUP him because he wasn't "hurt" when he went to camp. We can either cut him or place him on the IR.
I was not aware of that rule.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #18
PhillyFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
Once a player passes a physical in camp, or is taken off of the PUP list, he is no longer eligible to be placed on it.

He has to be on it for the duration of training camp, and then can be removed between weeks 6 and 8 I believe.

Someone told me these rules were attributable to Joe Gibbs in the 80s..apparently, he used to stash players on the PUP list as a just in case, for when other players got hurt.
Old 08-29-2006   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
Here is some back up for that...

Quote:
"It'll be a tough decision for the final 53. We'll make the decision based on what's best for Domanick and the team."

The Texans will have several options. They can make Davis, 25, part of the final roster and wait for him to get healthy. They can place him on waivers. They can put him on injured reserve, which means he wouldn't play this season. They also could trade him, which is unlikely because he's damaged goods.

Davis, 5-9 and 227 pounds, can't be placed on the physically unable to perform list because he passed a physical before training camp.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/4147469.html

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #20
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't PUP, can't trade, not healthy = CUT

I would imagine his contract wouldnt be an easy thing to swallow, but best get what we can out the way now. I like DD, but I like the Texans more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read