Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2006   #1
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Position by position rankings, game over Houston D

Not sure if this link has been posted before, if not, here it is.

"31. Houston
The Texans could be much higher if Mario Williams makes an instant impact. Last year's first-round pick, tackle Travis Johnson, didn't do much of anything as a rookie. Veterans Anthony Weaver, Robaire Smith and Seth Payne don't have much left in the tank."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5857526

Houston D-line the second-worst in the NFL. I especially like how they left out Ryans, and the result of our first two pre-season games.

Last edited by Malloy; 08-29-2006 at 09:59 AM.
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Gotta love ignorant writers just trying to put something down to fill space. Weaver just turned 26 years old, he is in the prime of his career. Smith will turn 29 during the season--hardly old for a DLmen. Payne is 31 and hasn't shown any decrease in play since arriving in Houston.

All of these rankings are flawed since they depend on Football Outsiders' stat analysis from last year.
Old 08-29-2006   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Ignorant writers at FOX? Nah. Well I should give them the benefit of the doubt that they are fair and balanced. Wait a minute FOX broadcasts NFC games. Lets just go back to our original plea of ignorance.
Old 08-29-2006   #4
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Everytime I read stuff like this, I think I picked the wrong career. It is hard to believe they get payed for just putting anything on paper, without any research or facts to support it.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #5
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man
Everytime I read stuff like this, I think I picked the wrong career. It is hard to believe they get payed for just putting anything on paper, without any research or facts to support it.
I agree. Everytime I read stuff like this I first start laughing, then I start crying when I realize how bad some of this stuff is.

Fair and balanced... yeah... Did you enjoy Out-Foxed too ?
Old 08-29-2006   #6
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Gotta love ignorant writers just trying to put something down to fill space. Weaver just turned 26 years old, he is in the prime of his career. Smith will turn 29 during the season--hardly old for a DLmen. Payne is 31 and hasn't shown any decrease in play since arriving in Houston.

All of these rankings are flawed since they depend on Football Outsiders' stat analysis from last year.
Yeah my first thought was....Isn't Weaver pretty young. Last year he was 25.

I guess in Running back years then Reggie Bush is heading into the twighlight of his career.

Personally, I hope every offensive player in the NFL reads this and they believe it. well, we know the cheifs, rams and broncos won't believe it, but hopefully the rest of them bite it hook, line and sinker. They will be shocked when they get on the field.

I hope our guys read it and is p*sses them off. Just a little more motivation.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #7
Sportsfan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy
"31. Houston
The Texans could be much higher if Mario Williams makes an instant impact. Last year's first-round pick, tackle Travis Johnson, didn't do much of anything as a rookie. Veterans Anthony Weaver, Robaire Smith and Seth Payne don't have much left in the tank."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5857526

Houston D-line the second-worst in the NFL.
This is complete and utter garbage.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read