Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2006   #1
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Yesterdays game and our upcoming schedule

I know alot of people have been saying that the beginning of our schedule looks brutal, and a few months ago they would have been right.

BUT

Since, minus the drive killing penalties, we could have had a victory over the Broncos. I feel that we have what it takes to keep up with the upper tier teams in the league.

Our Defense looked solid,although still needs some work IMO, and eventually Kubiak will get our Offense rolling.

The Eagles game will be a tough one, especially if we come out slow offensively again. Our defense proved it can keep us in the game against good offenses though, and it will be a test for our secondary and D-line. Toss up

The Colts, ok, yes this is looking a little brutal, their defense stepped up last season for them, and their offense is firing rockets down feild as usual, our only saving grace is they might be more one dimensional this year. We'll play them tough, and I hope we get our first win against them here.

Then we get the Redskins at home. I honestly feel we currently have a better team then they do at the moment. (Is Clinton Portis still injured?, because that could have the biggest impact on the game for us)

Miami has Dom Capers. Enough said. Ok seriously, I think we're even if not better then the Dolphins in terms of player personnel. It will come down to coaching, and they have ... ok I'm not going there again. (He's a good Defensive Co-ordinator though)

BYE WEEK

Its Dallas.

I think it should end right there, Because then we play 2 division games back to back.
Old 08-29-2006   #2
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx
BYE WEEK
Its Dallas.
I think it should end right there, Because then we play 2 division games back to back.
I have said this before on other threads, but we could go 1 and 3 or even 0 and 4 (That's the pessimist in me!) those first 4 games. I just hope, by the time we play dallas, that the offense and defense are "firing on all cylinders" and we stomp the living daylights out of them!

Having watched some of the 3 preseason games (especially the Denver game) has me a bit more optimistic about those first 4 regular season games. I think we could win 2 or 3 of them now. But the key to that will be how fast the offense can get it together. Like I said before, I just hope they are "firing on all cylinders" when we go up to dallas! JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #3
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
I know alot of people have been saying that the beginning of our schedule looks brutal, and a few months ago they would have been right.

BUT

Since, minus the drive killing penalties, we could have had a victory over the Broncos. I feel that we have what it takes to keep up with the upper tier teams in the league.

Our Defense looked solid,although still needs some work IMO, and eventually Kubiak will get our Offense rolling.

The Eagles game will be a tough one, especially if we come out slow offensively again. Our defense proved it can keep us in the game against good offenses though, and it will be a test for our secondary and D-line. Toss up

The Colts, ok, yes this is looking a little brutal, their defense stepped up last season for them, and their offense is firing rockets down feild as usual, our only saving grace is they might be more one dimensional this year. We'll play them tough, and I hope we get our first win against them here.

Then we get the Redskins at home. I honestly feel we currently have a better team then they do at the moment. (Is Clinton Portis still injured?, because that could have the biggest impact on the game for us)

Miami has Dom Capers. Enough said. Ok seriously, I think we're even if not better then the Dolphins in terms of player personnel. It will come down to coaching, and they have ... ok I'm not going there again. (He's a good Defensive Co-ordinator though)

BYE WEEK

Its Dallas.

To answer your question on Portis did not play this week and will not play in the Bal. game thur. they say he should be ready for week one but it a wait and see type thing(sounds like a DD thing) Portis has injured the same shoulder in the past and with his running style the skins are very concerend so thats why thay whent out and got T.J. Duckit(misspelled i know, sue me)
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #4
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop
I have said this before on other threads, but we could go 1 and 3 or even 0 and 4 (That's the pessimist in me!) those first 4 games. I just hope, by the time we play dallas, that the offense and defense are "firing on all cylinders" and we stomp the living daylights out of them!

Having watched some of the 3 preseason games (especially the Denver game) has me a bit more optimistic about those first 4 regular season games. I think we could win 2 or 3 of them now. But the key to that will be how fast the offense can get it together. Like I said before, I just hope they are "firing on all cylinders" when we go up to dallas! JMHO!
I still don't see how people consider games 3 and 4 very tough. They'll be good games, but games we can win.
Old 08-29-2006   #5
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Philly will be a tough game, no doubt, but they can be ripe for the picking by overlooking the Texans.

Indy, well if NY can smash them in thier mouths in thier first game, which I am thinking they will do, as Payton will be running all over the place with the 2 DE NY have coming at him. ( Hey Texans, watch this game when you get home. That will show you how to go after him )

Washington was touted as being a contender early in the pre-season, but they have not gotten it together as of yet, and the Texans might get them still not up to speed.

Miami, well that's a game that would be hard to guess, both teams have potential, both to win and to stink it up, so my take is whomever plays mistake free ball there gets the W.

Dallas, well that being week 5, that would be stupid to predict being so far away, injuries and whatnot, of course that goes for any of the previous games mentioned. Any games after this one is too far out to even guess. SO, that being said, 2-2 is possible.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #6
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I still don't see how people consider games 3 and 4 very tough. They'll be good games, but games we can win.
Anyone that had a record of 2-14 the previous year has no right to say any game "wont be tough". Until we see the team in a full game, we cannot take anyone for granted or think any game wont be tough.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #7
PhillyFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst
Anyone that had a record of 2-14 the previous year has no right to say any game "wont be tough". Until we see the team in a full game, we cannot take anyone for granted or think any game wont be tough.
The Texans have had a lot of improvement. Offensive line schemes help a ton, and Mario makes opponents offensive lines actually have to account for someone, which is something noone worried about before.

Thats where the battles are won, in the trenches.

Thats why I think the Texans can beat the Redskins and Dolphins. I dont however, think they will beat the Eagles or Colts.

2-2 seems like a reasonable start to me. And then hopefully...Carr will have a career game against the Cowpies, and Mario will have 12 sacks on "The Statue" (Bledsoe)

I want to see the Texans absolutely cream them. In the worst possible way.
PhillyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-29-2006   #8
flylikeaneagle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie
Philly will be a tough game, no doubt, but they can be ripe for the picking by overlooking the Texans.
Not a single player or coach on the Eagles is overlooking the Texans. That is what matters most. Not the fans but the players.
flylikeaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read