Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2006   #1
Divebomb
Veteran

Default Free Agents/Waivers????

Well I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait to see which reciever gets cut from the Bengals. Every reciever on their team looked outstanding tonight. I hope that #10 gets cut, we could pick him up and have our own version of Randle El. Shoot he would be a great #3 QB and #5 reciever. 28 yard TD tonight might screw things up for us. Who else out in the freshly cut numbers would you guys like to see make it out to Houston.
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #2
WILLIEG
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divebomb
Well I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait to see which reciever gets cut from the Bengals. Every reciever on their team looked outstanding tonight. I hope that #10 gets cut, we could pick him up and have our own version of Randle El. Shoot he would be a great #3 QB and #5 reciever. 28 yard TD tonight might screw things up for us. Who else out in the freshly cut numbers would you guys like to see make it out to Houston.
Ya there's a good possibility that he could drop to use with all the talent that Cin. has at that postion.
WILLIEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #3
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divebomb

Absolutely not. You realize the conspiracy talk that would go on if the Texans signed Reggie McNeal? It will be interesting to see who becomes available, though.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #4
TreWardTxn
Veteran

There's no way McNeal gets cut, but if he does, I got a spot for him at backup QB...
TreWardTxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #5
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

I would have a calf if they cut Reggie McNeal. There is no way, but he was once regarded as being a better QB than VY. That is besides the point, he would so help our team at WR or 3rd string QB.
Old 08-29-2006   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreWardTxn
There's no way McNeal gets cut, but if he does, I got a spot for him at backup QB...
Really?--no way the guy the Bengals fail to list on their depth chart as either a QB or WR gets cut? OK

Sarcasm aside--wouldn't mind the Texans picking him up and seeing what QB coach Kubiak could do with him.
Old 08-29-2006   #7
WILLIEG
Veteran

I went to ther NFL site and loked up ther roster. From what I can tell ther is a good chance that either McNeal or A. Chatman will not make the roster, but from what I saw Chatman served as a kickoff returner and you know how teams like dual poostion guys on their team. I think there WR core will consist of C. Johnson, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, C. Henry, K. Washington who resigned as a rrestricted free agent, T. Perry who has been making a name for his self with many TD grads in the pre-season, and A. Chatman if they keep 6 WR's. Also on the bubble is that kid P.K. Sam from FSU that was drafted in the second round of the 2004 draft and played with the Patriots in 2 games before hurting his groin which ended his playing eligibility for the season. He spent the next year on practice squad until Cincy signed him on as a FA on
2-1-06.
WILLIEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-29-2006   #8
dwilt72
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]]
Cincy players??? Gasp!!! In Houston? Okay I got 911 and the police station's number on speed dial.
I don't care who ya are, that's funny right there!
dwilt72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #9
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93
Absolutely not. You realize the conspiracy talk that would go on if the Texans signed Reggie McNeal? It will be interesting to see who becomes available, though.
Reggie Mcneal is my starting qb for the texans on NFL headcoach lol!
that would be sweet !!
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #10
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]]
Cincy players??? Gasp!!! In Houston? Okay I got 911 and the police station's number on speed dial.
The bengals players arent really all that bad with the exception of chris henry he is the menace here in cincy. The national media blows things way way out of proportion.
Old 08-29-2006   #11
Doom Capers
Veteran

Didn't we already pick up one in the offseason.....
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #12
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Yes kevin walters who is a good WR in the first place...Looking around the FA is what im sure our coachin staff will do and I'd love to have mcneal!
Old 08-29-2006   #13
real

Bears | D. Slay waived
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:10:09 -0700

Larry Mayer, of ChicagoBears.com, reports Chicago Bears LB Dwayne Slay has been waived.
http://www.kffl.com/player/13618/nfl

Last edited by real; 08-29-2006 at 09:30 AM.
Old 08-29-2006   #14
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhcougar08
There is no way, but he was once regarded as being a better QB than VY.
That's not saying much in my opinion. But that's just me...
Old 08-29-2006   #15
real

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
Bears | D. Slay waived
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:10:09 -0700

Larry Mayer, of ChicagoBears.com, reports Chicago Bears LB Dwayne Slay has been waived.
http://www.kffl.com/player/13618/nfl
Texas Tech Guy...I know a lot of guys said they wanted him before the draft....I watched him a little and he is a big, big hitter...

Last edited by real; 08-29-2006 at 10:07 AM.
Old 08-29-2006   #16
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
Texas Tech Guy...I know a lot of guys said they wanted him before the draft....I watched him a little and he is a big, big hitter...
I doubt we look at him though. I think we will be looking more for vet. type of players vs rookie/development types of players on the wire.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #17
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
I doubt we look at him though. I think we will be looking more for vet. type of players vs rookie/development types of players on the wire.
Maybe. Maybe not. I just know that he could play special teams, as well as add depth to our DB's...And it all depends on who gets released...If they are looking to pick up some guys before this up coming game, they may take a look at him...
Old 08-29-2006   #18
done88
Veteran

Default Duce Staley

He might get cut next week and could be a good addition for the Texans.
Old 08-29-2006   #19
texflex513
All Pro

This is a list guys that the broncos are presumably going to cut.... Think any of them will be pick up by us?? Im thinking maybe we should take a look at CB Middlebrooks.

G P.J. Alexander

G Martin Bibla

T Javier Collins

T Cornell Green

LB Kevin Harrison

G/C Rob Hunt

CB Willie Middlebrooks

DT Patrice Majondo-Mwamba

FB Rashon Powers-Neal

S Antwaun Rogers

DT Bryan Save

Last edited by texflex513; 08-29-2006 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-29-2006   #20
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

The first wave of cuts is not the players you want. It's the last cuts when teams have to trim the rosters to max allowed. That is where you will find some good players...

Needs are,

DB's
LB's
RB's

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read