Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Whos the more productive RB in 2006?
Vernand Morency 59 64.13%
Wali Lundy 33 35.87%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2006   #1
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88
Default Poor DD . . .

Texans | Kubiak concerned about D. Davis; season could be in jeopardy
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 18:36:56 -0700

The Associated Press reports Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak is concerned over the status of injured RB Domanick Davis (knee), who could be in jeopardy of missing the entire 2006 season. "There's not much we can do about it, but I'm very concerned about that situation," Kubiak said. "I know it's been very frustrating for him. All we can do is be there for him. I'm more concerned about him right now and doing what's right for him."

hate to say it, but old news for us Texans. All this is, is proof that Kubiak is really worried about Davis and finally cut the "he ran sprints well this week" stuff. Thankfully, we have 2 solid RBs who can hopefully share the load or still get it done in the new system. So here, ill pose a new question: WHO IS THE MORE PRODUCTIVE BACK THIS SEASON?
Old 08-28-2006   #2
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I think there should be a both option. I think both Lundy and Morency will be used equally to keep eachother fresh and effective. It's really too bad to see this happening to DD, but atleast in the last two drafts we drafted so we would be prepared if something like this would happen.
Old 08-28-2006   #3
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
I think there should be a both option. I think both Lundy and Morency will be used equally to keep eachother fresh and effective. It's really too bad to see this happening to DD, but atleast in the last two drafts we drafted so we would be prepared if something like this would happen.

Are you commending Casserly?

I hate to hear this about DD, he means a lot to a lot of us. But we are lucky to have 2 more quality RB's.
Old 08-29-2006   #4
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
I think there should be a both option.
I wouldve, but what are the odds that they end up with the exact same rushing totals?
Old 08-29-2006   #5
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

If we go into the season without DD, (and that's looking more and more the case) I think Morency will probably be the more productive RB, but I think Lundy won't be far behind!

Optimistically, it may go something like this:
* Morency, 1200 yds rushing, 250 yds receiving, 6 TDs
* Lundy, 800 yds rushing, 200 yds receiving, 3 TDs
* Taylor, 300 yds rushing, 100 yds receiving, 1 TD
* Smith, 200 yds rushing, 50 yds receiving, 8 to 10 TDs

Of course this is barring any bad injuries and DD not coming back (for whatever reason) for the whole season. It's just a guess of what could happen. What do y'all think?
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #6
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88
Texans | Kubiak concerned about D. Davis; season could be in jeopardy
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 18:36:56 -0700

The Associated Press reports Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak is concerned over the status of injured RB Domanick Davis (knee), who could be in jeopardy of missing the entire 2006 season. "There's not much we can do about it, but I'm very concerned about that situation," Kubiak said. "I know it's been very frustrating for him. All we can do is be there for him. I'm more concerned about him right now and doing what's right for him."

hate to say it, but old news for us Texans. All this is, is proof that Kubiak is really worried about Davis and finally cut the "he ran sprints well this week" stuff. Thankfully, we have 2 solid RBs who can hopefully share the load or still get it done in the new system. So here, ill pose a new question: WHO IS THE MORE PRODUCTIVE BACK THIS SEASON?
NFL=Not For Long.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #7
real

I'm gonna go with Morency...In the Denver game when he made that defender fly by him on the sideline and In the Rams game the way he mixed the defender up in the open field...And on top of that he showed that he can be a one cut back....He's got something...and it's nasty...
Sponsored links
Old 08-29-2006   #8
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

If he misses the entire 06 season, and does not play a down, what will be the status of his contract, and are we stuck with Domanick against the salary cap?
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #9
CPH-DK
Rookie

I believe that Lundy get most of the carries and therefor also most yards. He was starter against Denver.
CPH-DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #10
bavanlan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop
If we go into the season without DD, (and that's looking more and more the case) I think Morency will probably be the more productive RB, but I think Lundy won't be far behind!

Optimistically, it may go something like this:
* Morency, 1200 yds rushing, 250 yds receiving, 6 TDs
* Lundy, 800 yds rushing, 200 yds receiving, 3 TDs
* Taylor, 300 yds rushing, 100 yds receiving, 1 TD
* Smith, 200 yds rushing, 50 yds receiving, 8 to 10 TDs

Of course this is barring any bad injuries and DD not coming back (for whatever reason) for the whole season. It's just a guess of what could happen. What do y'all think?
I think that those stats alone would put you 46 yards away from last year's lead rushing team (and far above it once QB rushing yards are included). Do you really think that's a reasonable prediction?
bavanlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #11
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I think if Lundy can learn how to block better (he isnt that good at it IMO) he will win the job. The fact that he is not that good, makes me pick Morency. From what I saw, Morency looked good blocking back there. Had some nice linebacker knockdowns.

But Lundy is Kubiaks type of back. So it will be interesting.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #12
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

I think Kubiak has pretty much already said that Lundy is the starter.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #13
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Morency is clearly the superior back of all of our RBs, including a
healthy DD (if that ever happens again ?). My only real concern is the same
as with DD - durability. He reportedly got banked up pretty good playing one half against the Rams, so he might have a problem staying healthy.
But he is even more explosive than what I remember of him last year in the few appearances he made, and he runs with some power. He also looks to be a downright accomplished blocker, a real pleasant surprise for the QBs.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario
I think if Lundy can learn how to block better (he isnt that good at it IMO) he will win the job. The fact that he is not that good, makes me pick Morency. From what I saw, Morency looked good blocking back there. Had some nice linebacker knockdowns.

But Lundy is Kubiaks type of back. So it will be interesting.
Morency did block well against the Rams. He gave up the sack (against Denver) on Sage due to a missed block. IMO,with both of them splitting time at RB, it's looking like the Texans are going to have a nice rushing attack this year. They both will improve as time goes by.
Old 08-29-2006   #15
Bobo
Hall of Fame

This whole thing looks to me like an unmitigated disaster about to manifest itself. Before Davis came to Houston, Shane Mack was stinking up the field. Then Davis came in and, behind basically the same OL, he became a star. Now Kubiak comes in and cavalierly acts as though it doesn't matter who the RB is because he haughtily believes he has it all figured out since he has found the magic bullet in his OL manipulation. Earth to Kubiak: Skill at RB does matter, as Davis proved, and now you very well might have a situation where the Texans are taken back to the time of Mack. I had no confidence in Kubiak to start with and with the offense sputtering just as bad as ever and Davis perhaps cut, my lack of confidence in Kubiak is being confirmed. SI says 3-13. I might give them a game more, maybe two. But it is very possible that, by the time the Bills come into Reliant (a game they just may win) the Texans could very well be winless and the stands may once again be only 3/4 filled for that contest.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read