Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-11-2004   #1
texans
Veteran

Talking from power slam to power runner

There is a rumor Going around the Broke Lesner (WWE) is puting is wrestling carier on hold and try to make it as a NFL player. He defently has the bodie to play but what position do you think he would play And if he could make it in the NFl

(he is from texas)
texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #2
BigBang
Cymbal Hero

Send a message via MSN to BigBang Send a message via Yahoo to BigBang
Exclamation Ummm....

Being probably one of the biggest wrestling fans that also loves the Texans, let me be the first to tell you that this IS NOT a rumor. Wrestlemania XX was his last event. Yes, he's putting his career on hold at the moment to persue his dream of playing football. In high school he was a full back and linebacker. In college, he was strictly a wrestler. Most NFL teams aren't taking him seriously. He runs about a 4.3 in the 40, which is very impressive given his size (6'4" 295 lbs). Chances are he'll play either lineman (offensive or defenssive) or maybe even linebacker. He's from Minnesota, by the way.
Old 05-11-2004   #3
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 18 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

He would probably looking to be a d-line (an end if I had to guess). He is just doing this as a publicity stunts and to strong arm the WWE, he doesn't like the route his character was going on the show.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 222056 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Saw a report a week or so ago that an NFL team had offered him a contract to come to camp but he turned them down. Sorry, can't remember any more details.
Old 05-11-2004   #5
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Def. End would be his best bet
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #6
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Lesnar? I want to see Goldberg play again. He's a legitimate psycho on the football field(maybe in real life too).
wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #7
BigBang
Cymbal Hero

I actually feel like a bit of a nerd for knowing as much as I do about the situation. It wasn't so much he hated the direction his character was taking but the travel schedule as well. The way I look at it, he was given too much too soon. He wants to be a Viking but I doubt that will happen. He'll probably be a DE or DT but I wouldn't rule him out as a linebacker, either. He's much faster than he looks. I'm actually halfway interested in what's going to happen with this. I still think he's a bit for quitting at was becoming the height of his career.
Old 05-11-2004   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 99011 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

If this wrestler plays 1 down in the NFL, I'll change my screen name to Brock Lesner's _____ (fill in the blank).

Could someone here explain to me the fascination with pro wrestling? Oiled-up men in speedos grabbing each other (not that there's anything wrong with that)? Everyone knows it's a big put on. I'm not above watching a soap opera, but I want the guys as clothed as possible.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #9
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

I would rather watch fake wrestling than the ****py "reality" shows.
wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #10
BigBang
Cymbal Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
I would rather watch fake wrestling than the ****py "reality" shows.
Amen to that!
Old 05-11-2004   #11
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 52595 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

fake ofcourse but getting kicked in the head, dropped from 6+ feet, or slapped hard enough for all of compaq to hear it hurts ... fun to root for your favorites too. i dont think brock's giving it any real consideration, my guess it's mostly a publicity stunt.
Old 05-11-2004   #12
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

LB, FB, or TE. He has a good build for either of those. Speed and agility are my questions.
Old 05-11-2004   #13
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 684 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue
He has the body development of a roid-freak however. I'm not sure how he would do with out the juice. He would probably shrink.
if i had to guess, i would say he wasn't on the juice...most likely because vince mcmahon was sued a few years back for encouraging the use of, and handing out, steroids to wrestlers...this should be an interesting story though ...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #14
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1297 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He has the body development of a roid-freak however. I'm not sure how he would do with out the juice. He would probably shrink.
If he was really on roids, I bet most of the shrinking has already occured!

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #15
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 11712 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
If this wrestler plays 1 down in the NFL, I'll change my screen name to Brock Lesner's _____ (fill in the blank).

Could someone here explain to me the fascination with pro wrestling? Oiled-up men in speedos grabbing each other (not that there's anything wrong with that)? Everyone knows it's a big put on. I'm not above watching a soap opera, but I want the guys as clothed as possible.
True it's fake, but tune in sometimes... they've added more women wrestlers / matches since last I've tuned in.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #16
BigBang
Cymbal Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
if i had to guess, i would say he wasn't on the juice...most likely because vince mcmahon was sued a few years back for encouraging the use of, and handing out, steroids to wrestlers...this should be an interesting story though ...
That and now Vince fires guys on the spot for any kind of drug use that isn't from a doctor, 'roids included. Brian "Grandmaster Sexay" Lawler was fired a couple years ago for drugs and actually got the axe AGAIN after Monday's show for being late. Jeff Hardy can't come back until he goes to rehab. The list just goes on. So I hardly doubt Brock Juices. As far as agility, he's one of the few men over 215 lbs that can pull off a shooting star press. The botched attempt at WrestleMania XIX was a fluke. I've seen tapes from when he was in OVW and the kid would do it on the regular. I still think he's stupid for leaving like that.
Old 05-12-2004   #17
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 52595 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Come on now...you actually believe that stuff? Most of those guys are roid hounds. I know. Booker lives in Friendswood (not saying he is on anything). There are several anabolic agents that are used that don't come up on simple tests. You can't take stuff like deca or sust-pops, but HGH and shooting insulin is common practice with those guys.
because you're best friends with booker t and he felt you needed to know what goes on backstage?
Old 05-31-2004   #18
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 684 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

well, today the minneapolis star-tribune had an extensive article on lesnar's bid to enter the nfl...

Quote:
The workout with NFL teams was rescheduled for June 2, but that was canceled late last week because Lesnar aggravated his groin pull, according to his agent, Ed Hitchcock. Hitchcock said Lesnar probably will work out for teams individually in two or three weeks.

Hitchcock said five teams were committed to attending Lesnar's workout Wednesday: Green Bay, Philadelphia, Kansas City, Dallas and San Francisco. Green Bay, Philadelphia and San Francisco confirmed they were going to attend, Dallas said it doesn't comment on workouts, and Kansas City Vice President of Football Operations Lynn Stiles, whom Hitchcock said he had spoken with, didn't return phone calls.

Dungy and Tice said representatives from their teams probably would have attended. Baltimore special teams coordinator Gary Zauner has visited Lesnar twice at API and is intrigued.

"We're just in the exploring stage right now, but I'd be crazy not to work him out once he's healthy," Zauner said. "He's big, he's strong, and I don't follow that WWE, but some of that acrobatic stuff they do is pretty impressive. Heck, it doesn't cost us much to bring a guy in for a look."

Lesnar said he won't be intimidated when he's finally able to work out for teams.

"I ain't afraid of anything, and I ain't afraid of anybody," Lesnar said. "I've been an underdog in athletics since I was 5. I got zero college offers for wrestling. Now people say I can't play football, that it's a joke. I say I can. I'm as good an athlete as a lot of guys in the NFL, if not better."

Lesnar bench-presses 475 pounds, squats 695 pounds and ran a 4.65 40-yard dash in April when he weighed 280, according to Richesson.

"He's the baddest guy to ever walk in this place," Richesson said. "From just a pure speed, strength, power standpoint, no one can match him."
http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/4802803.html

...based solely on #'s, i say he has a shot to at least make someone's practice squad...i can't believe he turned down the $45 million remaining in his contract to follow this dream, though...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004   #19
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

He gave up 45 million for a the NFL? Bad career move there. I hope he makes it though.
Old 06-01-2004   #20
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a stupid question but I'm uneducated on steroids.

I watched RAW one evening and noticed alot of the wrestlers have these blood vessels on their arms and chest that look like they are going to come thru their skin.

Is that from steroid use? It was only the really big guys that I noticed on..
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read