Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

from power slam to power runner

texans

Waterboy
There is a rumor Going around the Broke Lesner (WWE) is puting is wrestling carier on hold and try to make it as a NFL player. He defently has the bodie to play but what position do you think he would play And if he could make it in the NFl

(he is from texas) :popcorn:

BigBang

Cymbal Hero
Being probably one of the biggest wrestling fans that also loves the Texans, let me be the first to tell you that this IS NOT a rumor. Wrestlemania XX was his last event. Yes, he's putting his career on hold at the moment to persue his dream of playing football. In high school he was a full back and linebacker. In college, he was strictly a wrestler. Most NFL teams aren't taking him seriously. He runs about a 4.3 in the 40, which is very impressive given his size (6'4" 295 lbs). Chances are he'll play either lineman (offensive or defenssive) or maybe even linebacker. He's from Minnesota, by the way.

V Man

Pumpkinhead
He would probably looking to be a d-line (an end if I had to guess). He is just doing this as a publicity stunts and to strong arm the WWE, he doesn't like the route his character was going on the show.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
Saw a report a week or so ago that an NFL team had offered him a contract to come to camp but he turned them down. Sorry, can't remember any more details.

wags

Veteran
Lesnar? I want to see Goldberg play again. He's a legitimate psycho on the football field(maybe in real life too).

BigBang

Cymbal Hero
I actually feel like a bit of a nerd for knowing as much as I do about the situation. It wasn't so much he hated the direction his character was taking but the travel schedule as well. The way I look at it, he was given too much too soon. He wants to be a Viking but I doubt that will happen. He'll probably be a DE or DT but I wouldn't rule him out as a linebacker, either. He's much faster than he looks. I'm actually halfway interested in what's going to happen with this. I still think he's a bit :crazy: for quitting at was becoming the height of his career.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
If this wrestler plays 1 down in the NFL, I'll change my screen name to Brock Lesner's _____ (fill in the blank).

Could someone here explain to me the fascination with pro wrestling? Oiled-up men in speedos grabbing each other (not that there's anything wrong with that)? Everyone knows it's a big put on. I'm not above watching a soap opera, but I want the guys as clothed as possible.

Scooter

Funky
fake ofcourse but getting kicked in the head, dropped from 6+ feet, or slapped hard enough for all of compaq to hear it hurts ... fun to root for your favorites too. i dont think brock's giving it any real consideration, my guess it's mostly a publicity stunt.

D-ReK

RAWWWRR!
SteelBlue said:
He has the body development of a roid-freak however. I'm not sure how he would do with out the juice. He would probably shrink.
if i had to guess, i would say he wasn't on the juice...most likely because vince mcmahon was sued a few years back for encouraging the use of, and handing out, steroids to wrestlers...this should be an interesting story though :popcorn: ...

Veteran
SteelBlue said:
He has the body development of a roid-freak however. I'm not sure how he would do with out the juice. He would probably shrink.
If he was really on roids, I bet most of the shrinking has already occured! :rofl:

OzzO

.. and then?
Lucky said:
If this wrestler plays 1 down in the NFL, I'll change my screen name to Brock Lesner's _____ (fill in the blank).

Could someone here explain to me the fascination with pro wrestling? Oiled-up men in speedos grabbing each other (not that there's anything wrong with that)? Everyone knows it's a big put on. I'm not above watching a soap opera, but I want the guys as clothed as possible.
True it's fake, but tune in sometimes... they've added more women wrestlers / matches since last I've tuned in. :excited:

BigBang

Cymbal Hero
D-ReK said:
if i had to guess, i would say he wasn't on the juice...most likely because vince mcmahon was sued a few years back for encouraging the use of, and handing out, steroids to wrestlers...this should be an interesting story though :popcorn: ...
That and now Vince fires guys on the spot for any kind of drug use that isn't from a doctor, 'roids included. Brian "Grandmaster Sexay" Lawler was fired a couple years ago for drugs and actually got the axe AGAIN after Monday's show for being late. Jeff Hardy can't come back until he goes to rehab. The list just goes on. So I hardly doubt Brock Juices. As far as agility, he's one of the few men over 215 lbs that can pull off a shooting star press. The botched attempt at WrestleMania XIX was a fluke. I've seen tapes from when he was in OVW and the kid would do it on the regular. I still think he's stupid for leaving like that.

Scooter

Funky
SteelBlue said:
Come on now...you actually believe that stuff? Most of those guys are roid hounds. I know. Booker lives in Friendswood (not saying he is on anything). There are several anabolic agents that are used that don't come up on simple tests. You can't take stuff like deca or sust-pops, but HGH and shooting insulin is common practice with those guys.
because you're best friends with booker t and he felt you needed to know what goes on backstage?

D-ReK

RAWWWRR!
well, today the minneapolis star-tribune had an extensive article on lesnar's bid to enter the nfl...

The workout with NFL teams was rescheduled for June 2, but that was canceled late last week because Lesnar aggravated his groin pull, according to his agent, Ed Hitchcock. Hitchcock said Lesnar probably will work out for teams individually in two or three weeks.

Hitchcock said five teams were committed to attending Lesnar's workout Wednesday: Green Bay, Philadelphia, Kansas City, Dallas and San Francisco. Green Bay, Philadelphia and San Francisco confirmed they were going to attend, Dallas said it doesn't comment on workouts, and Kansas City Vice President of Football Operations Lynn Stiles, whom Hitchcock said he had spoken with, didn't return phone calls.

Dungy and Tice said representatives from their teams probably would have attended. Baltimore special teams coordinator Gary Zauner has visited Lesnar twice at API and is intrigued.

"We're just in the exploring stage right now, but I'd be crazy not to work him out once he's healthy," Zauner said. "He's big, he's strong, and I don't follow that WWE, but some of that acrobatic stuff they do is pretty impressive. Heck, it doesn't cost us much to bring a guy in for a look."

Lesnar said he won't be intimidated when he's finally able to work out for teams.

"I ain't afraid of anything, and I ain't afraid of anybody," Lesnar said. "I've been an underdog in athletics since I was 5. I got zero college offers for wrestling. Now people say I can't play football, that it's a joke. I say I can. I'm as good an athlete as a lot of guys in the NFL, if not better."

Lesnar bench-presses 475 pounds, squats 695 pounds and ran a 4.65 40-yard dash in April when he weighed 280, according to Richesson.

"He's the baddest guy to ever walk in this place," Richesson said. "From just a pure speed, strength, power standpoint, no one can match him."
http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/4802803.html

...based solely on #'s, i say he has a shot to at least make someone's practice squad...i can't believe he turned down the $45 million remaining in his contract to follow this dream, though...

WWJD

Hall of Fame
This is a stupid question but I'm uneducated on steroids.

I watched RAW one evening and noticed alot of the wrestlers have these blood vessels on their arms and chest that look like they are going to come thru their skin.

Is that from steroid use? It was only the really big guys that I noticed on..

J-Man

Waterboy
This could be kinda fun to watch unfold. It is not that far fetched that he could make a practice squad, there have been several folks over the years who have made it into the NFL with minimal college expierence. Admittedly, few if any have had no NCAA chops (only one I can think of was the TE experiment that we had last year...the B-Ball player, Kent).

Point in fact he might actually have some decent workouts, his wrestling background (college and pro) gives him great body control, small space agility, hand strength, and upper body technique.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
J-Man said:
It is not that far fetched that he could make a practice squad...
No, it's very far fetched. Practice squad players are an injury away from making a NFL roster. This guy has never played football. High school ball in South Dakota? I think a Class A Texas HS team could handle any SD team. If the guy went to the CFL (who are desparate for pub) and showed he could play over the course of a season, maybe you'd give him a practice squad slot. Or at least a year in Europe or the arena league. But to play NFL D-line right away? Not going to happen. As far as I know, the guy has never really hit someone for real in his life.

J-Man

Waterboy
Lucky said:
No, it's very far fetched. Practice squad players are an injury away from making a NFL roster. This guy has never played football. High school ball in South Dakota? I think a Class A Texas HS team could handle any SD team. If the guy went to the CFL (who are desparate for pub) and showed he could play over the course of a season, maybe you'd give him a practice squad slot. Or at least a year in Europe or the arena league. But to play NFL D-line right away? Not going to happen. As far as I know, the guy has never really hit someone for real in his life.
I probably should have elaborated a little more in the 1st post. I don't think it's far fetched for him to make the practice squad or maybe even a cameo in a preseason game. Saying something is not far fetched in no way makes it any less difficult to accomplish. I agree that he would need to go have an extremly accelerated learning cycle to even be viable and that a year in NFLE would serve him pretty well. Simple fact is that he has the physical tools (that a lot of folks who came out for the draft didn't from a pure numbers stand point if the article is accurate) and combative background. Could he make a roster yes...but likely? No.