Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-28-2006   #1
mcafeess
noob

Default Domanick Davis' Status?

I'm interested to know what exactly the status is on Domanick Davis. How long is he out, and is he not projected to be the starter heading into opening day?

Thanks for your input.
mcafeess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #2
The Duke
Rookie

He is DONE!

Might not make the team. Good back, but I think he might be done at Houston.

This will

HOOK'EM
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #3
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76169 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary Kubiak stated on his radio show that Domanick might not make the final 53. For more details on this . . . go to the Kubiak - State of the Texans thread.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #4
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Gary Kubiak stated on his radio show that Domanick might not make the final 53. For more details on this . . . go to the Kubiak - State of the Texans thread.
that is not much of a suprise as Kubiak and Rick Smith, both said we want to give him time. BUT his knee might never be back where it was, I think they let him know we want you back but you got to get on field as Lundy/Morency are making our need for you less.
Old 08-28-2006   #5
5ttimesthecharm
waterboy

this was on draftsharks.com--a fantasy info site:

** Domanick Davis to be cut ??**
Texans HC Gary Kubiak just said on 610 SportsRadio that they have a "tough decision" in the next few days because Domanick Daivs is too far behind due to the knee problems. There's a chance Davis could be placed on the PUP/Reserve list and miss the first 6 games or possibly even be cut on an injury settlement (!). Be guided accordingly.
5ttimesthecharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #6
Texans>Colts
Veteran

I really wouldn't cut Davis. He is a great RB with a lot of potential.
Old 08-28-2006   #7
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate to say this, and please don't ask for sources/etc., but i would be willing to bet a good deal of money that dominic davis will never play another down in the nfl. I like DD a lot, but he just doesn't have the knee to play football anymore

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-28-2006   #8
Snapple
Veteran

It's a shame if he's cut, because I like DD.

All the many, many people who said around draft time "We don't need a RB because we have Davis" look like fools right about now, though.

Hopefully, Lundy strikes gold...
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that at this point in time, the best DD can hope for is either the PUP for the first 6 weeks or IR for the rest of the year. IMO, I don't see the IR thing due to money issues, but maybe they might PUP him.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #10
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope this does not happen, some of our worst fears could be realized, I really like DD alot..but this ain't lookin' real good.
Old 08-28-2006   #11
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

They wont cut him. He will atleast make the team.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #12
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
I think that at this point in time, the best DD can hope for is either the PUP for the first 6 weeks or IR for the rest of the year. IMO, I don't see the IR thing due to money issues, but maybe they might PUP him.
Based on some new info about DD I think they will wind up cutting him. I thought they would PUP him, but I have learned that the rule is that if they pass the training camp physical they can't be PUPed. That's from another thread that K. Toro brought up.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #13
WILLIEG
Veteran

If this is true and he will not make the team I would like to say Thanks for all the years you gave us DD and you will always be remembered as one of only bright spots in the birth of the Texns. Good Luck to You in what ever you do!
WILLIEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #14
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

Even though I wanted Reggie because of DD injuries, I am happy with Mario, because I think that was the right decision. Because of DD injury status, he will not make the roster. I see us grabbing the best RB out there when the cuts start happening. Lundy and Morency will work just fine with Smith in Kubiaks system. I beginning to think I am a genius when I decided to sell all of my DD autograph rookie cards at the end of last year. On the other hand, I wish DD the best and hope he can make the team, only if he is healthy enough to contribute.
Old 08-29-2006   #15
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Oh My Casserly Just gave DD a new deal last year how would that hurt us Capwise if he were to get Cut? inquiring minds want to know.

i cant help but say i wouldnt mind if we lost DD Morency and lundy look good so far and we can always get stacy mack out of his riding lawnmower.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #16
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76169 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

This is for aj, or anyone else familiar with cap hit implications.

First of all, is it true that Davis cannot be PUPed because he already passed his physical? And second, if he is cut, what would be the cap hit for 2006 and beyond?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #17
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2006/08/t..._patience.html

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4147469.html

No PuP per the Chronic - McClain
Old 08-29-2006   #18
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ttimesthecharm
this was on draftsharks.com--a fantasy info site:

** Domanick Davis to be cut ??**
Texans HC Gary Kubiak just said on 610 SportsRadio that they have a "tough decision" in the next few days because Domanick Daivs is too far behind due to the knee problems. There's a chance Davis could be placed on the PUP/Reserve list and miss the first 6 games or possibly even be cut on an injury settlement (!). Be guided accordingly.
Domanick can't be placed on the PUP List because he passed his physical.
Old 08-29-2006   #19
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
This is for aj, or anyone else familiar with cap hit implications.

First of all, is it true that Davis cannot be PUPed because he already passed his physical? And second, if he is cut, what would be the cap hit for 2006 and beyond?
I second that question. Also, word from Denver is that Cobbs is ahead of Dayne, so would you pick Dayne up? He isn't really a powerback, just a bigger back you know?
Old 08-29-2006   #20
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

"Davis, 5-9 and 227 pounds, can't be placed on the physically unable to perform list because he passed a physical before training camp."
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4147469.html
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read