Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-28-2006   #1
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 4909 TFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Eagles make deal for Stallworth

Quote:
FOXSports.com has learned that the Eagles today swung a trade with the Saints for former first-round pick Donte Stallworth in exchange for LB Mark Simoneau and a fourth-round pick that can turn to a third rounder if the Eagles can work out an extension with the receiver.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5913516

don't know if it is already posted.
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #2
bigtex77
Veteran

I know he's fast, but did he ever grow any hands?
Old 08-28-2006   #3
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

That should help us in week one. Stallworth can't catch a cold.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #4
bigtex77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
That should help us in week one. Stallworth can't catch a cold.
Nevermind, thanks.
Old 08-28-2006   #5
Mysteryhunt
Veteran

man that stinks i thought stallworth would be a decent target for brees fantasy wise, now with the eagles, who knows what he'll do
Mysteryhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #6
John Clayton
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryhunt
man that stinks i thought stallworth would be a decent target for brees fantasy wise, now with the eagles, who knows what he'll do

He'll have 1000 + yrds receiving and score 12 TDs (He had 11 last year with a far less capable QB). You should keep him.
John Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #7
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clayton
He'll have 1000 + yrds receiving and score 12 TDs (He had 11 last year with a far less capable QB). You should keep him.
But that was with Joe Horn out and him being the #1 WR for about half of the year. Sure Stallworth will be good, but can he even beat out Reggie Brown for the starting spot. The Eagles have put a lot of confidence in him.

After looking at the Eagles boards though, they're really pumped with this move.
Old 08-28-2006   #8
John Clayton
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
But that was with Joe Horn out and him being the #1 WR for about half of the year. Sure Stallworth will be good, but can he even beat out Reggie Brown for the starting spot. The Eagles have put a lot of confidence in him.

After looking at the Eagles boards though, they're really pumped with this move.

There are two or three WR in most Eagles packages. He will definitely get his touches and points.

4.2 Speed!
John Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #9
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess Reggie's moving to WR.
Old 08-28-2006   #10
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
The Saints don't have to worry about replacing Stallworth. That's why they've got Reggie. He can play WR and RB at the same time!
Old 08-28-2006   #11
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
All you need is Reggie. Look to see Joe Horn traded soon.

Seriously, think it is a good pick up for the Eagles, not so sure what the Saints were thinking.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #12
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Good pickup for the Eagles.

I guess ole' Jabar isn't panning out too well with them.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #13
Texans>Colts
Veteran

great pick up by the Eagles
Old 08-28-2006   #14
flylikeaneagle
Veteran

I like this trade. Sim was a good player sometimes (was good as a WLB but terrible MLB) and one helluva a person for the team. I knew he is one of Reid's and Johnson's favorites but a WR with the speed like Stallworth. You have to do it. Omar Gaither had a great training camp and we have a lot of faith in him at MLB.
flylikeaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #15
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

My gut is to go with the better franchise as far as who got over . Well lets see ... hmmm ... Eagles or the Saints ... its a toss up .
Old 08-28-2006   #16
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Puts some speed out side for the Iggles, just doesn't put much for hands out there.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #17
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default New wrinkle in game against the Eagles.

I haven't seen this posted yet, so I thought I would share some info. yay for me.
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ho...l.jsp?id=54229

They now have a decent receiver so a hard game just got harder. Thoughts?
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #18
Eagles78
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Good pickup for the Eagles.

I guess ole' Jabar isn't panning out too well with them.
Gaff will make the team but I think Todd Pinkstons time is up
Eagles78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #19
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Overrated Under acheiver comes to mind
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #20
Eagles78
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts
Overrated Under acheiver comes to mind
Why bring Mario Williams into this conversation?
Eagles78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read