Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 08-28-2006   #1
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13
Default Bomar enrolls at Sam Houston State

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/s...e=NCFHeadlines

Your thoughts
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't think any team in Texas would have taken him since Bomar chose to go to school in Oklahoma.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #3
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Bomar is an idiot. He could have sat out a year and then picked whatever D-IA school he wanted to go to. There would be a long line of coaches from big programs waiting for him.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #4
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

He still has to gain eligibility to play...even at the 1-AA level. And given his conduct, that's not a given.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #5
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hope he does well.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #6
texanfan2100
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
He still has to gain eligibility to play...even at the 1-AA level. And given his conduct, that's not a given.
Wouldn't it be funny if they went ahead a suspended him for a year for the NCAA violations. That way it wouldn't have even been worth it for him to go I-AA.
texanfan2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #7
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2100
Wouldn't it be funny if they went ahead a suspended him for a year for the NCAA violations. That way it wouldn't have even been worth it for him to go I-AA.
classic

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-28-2006   #8
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

I hear Landmark chevrolet is hiring.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #9
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i went to sam houston and didnt find out that we had a football team until 2 or 3 years after i left (by chance heard about another disgruntled qb heading there on espn). my dad went to sam and he didnt know they had a team until i told him. why would someone voluntarily go there to play football?
Old 08-29-2006   #10
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

Texas State turned him down first, but I thought he would go to a D1-AA powerhouse somewhere else. Sam Houston has seen better days in it's program.
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #11
Frills
Veteran

He's a good player that made a horrible decision. That decision shouldn't kill his career, I hope he learned a lesson and does well at Sam.

Hard for me to say being a fan of OU and SFA
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #12
J-Man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter
i went to sam houston and didnt find out that we had a football team until 2 or 3 years after i left (by chance heard about another disgruntled qb heading there on espn). my dad went to sam and he didnt know they had a team until i told him. why would someone voluntarily go there to play football?
I'm a SHSU grad as well. When I was there we had a pretty good DIV II team that made the playoffs regularly. Sam has been a fairly popular transfer location for more than a few DIV I and JUCO guys since the early 90s.

Scooter...how the heck did you not know we had a team with that big ***** Bowers Stadium right behind the library?

Eat 'em Up, KATS!
J-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #13
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

there was a library?
Old 08-29-2006   #14
TexanDrifter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Man
Scooter...how the heck did you not know we had a team with that big ***** Bowers Stadium right behind the library?
I was gonna ask that to, but I guess Scooter already fielded it well.

Anyway, Sam has had a bit of success lately with transfer QBs, and they've won the SLC a few times this decade, so its not all bad.
TexanDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #15
J-Man
Veteran

Drifter, you a Bearkat as well?

Eat 'em Up, KATS!
Old 08-29-2006   #16
TexanDrifter
Rookie

I am. Currently actually.

So Im probably strongly bias, but this should make the next couple of years alot more exciting.
TexanDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #17
TexanBearkat
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to TexanBearkat

SHSU grad here as well. Saying Sam Houston has seen better days in it's football program is just not a well informed statement. Two years again they went to the National Semifinal game. A couple years prior to that the Quarterfinals. While Sam Houston has indeed had good years and bad they have had success with transfer QB's such as Chris Chaloupka, Josh McCown and Dustin Long. We've also been burned by transfer QB's coming in here and not doing anything. When Bomar is eligible I hope he keeps his head on straight and stays out of trouble. The reason many of the QB's want to come here is because the opportunity is there to put up big numbers in the offense run at SHSU
Old 08-30-2006   #18
66cobra
Veteran

Good Lord!!! There are way too many Bearkats on this forum!!! It's not enough that my youngest bro-in-law is going to Sam Houston for the music major, but I have to see Bearkitties on this forum too!!! I tell you what, SFA is goin' to tear down ya'lls meathouse this year.
J/K.... I am an SFA alum, but I have many friends who went to SHSU and came out OK so I am really not bashing on you. Sam Houston has my respect because they always give us a good game and we have been on the wrong end of the score (until this year, that is). Anyway, I wish Bomar the best of luck and hope he learns something from all this.
66cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006   #19
J-Man
Veteran

Now I'm going to have to start checking around for a Bearkat helmet as my Avatar!

I keep hoping that Sam will produce a guy for the Texans to draft then I can get my Homer Rootin' on for sure.

Don't worry 66Cobra...the Lumberjacks always treated us pretty good when we would roll up there and I had a bunch of buddies up there as well.

Eat 'em Up, KATS!
Old 08-31-2006   #20
TexanBearkat
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to TexanBearkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Man
Now I'm going to have to start checking around for a Bearkat helmet as my Avatar!

I keep hoping that Sam will produce a guy for the Texans to draft then I can get my Homer Rootin' on for sure.

Don't worry 66Cobra...the Lumberjacks always treated us pretty good when we would roll up there and I had a bunch of buddies up there as well.
here is a link that has tons of football helmets from college, pros, shows the different helmets throughout a team's history

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read