Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-28-2006   #1
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 984 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jake vs David

I watched the game and it wasn't the performance I wanted but after listening to the coach about certain situations and the inter-game changes made and how Carr came through to get his stats up was an entirely different game than anyone of the ones last year. His stats were better than Plummers and he isn't being kicked in the nuts.

Carr - 15/22 for 128yrds
Plummer - 10/22 for 96yrds

shoot, Rosenfels 10/15, 96yrds is better than Plummer.

Honestly, I feel that Kubes is holding many things being tested at practice to the minimum. I think they run through a play design but they don't fully "execute" it and then just dump to one of the backs. I have a good feeling on Sept 10th a new team will arise and the Eagles will not know what to do.
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #2
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric138
Honestly, I feel that Kubes is holding many things being tested at practice to the minimum. I think they run through a play design but they don't fully "execute" it and then just dump to one of the backs. I have a good feeling on Sept 10th a new team will arise and the Eagles will not know what to do.
Yeah, Um, this is what a lot of people were saying last preseason. The offense is what you saw last night. We know it can be affective with the right QB and obviously Carr is not the right QB for this offense.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

There is no comparision to date. It is time for DC to earn that comparision by winning games and having a contribution to each win.
Old 08-28-2006   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric138
I watched the game and it wasn't the performance I wanted but after listening to the coach about certain situations and the inter-game changes made and how Carr came through to get his stats up was an entirely different game than anyone of the ones last year. His stats were better than Plummers and he isn't being kicked in the nuts.

Carr - 15/22 for 128yrds
Plummer - 10/22 for 96yrds

shoot, Rosenfels 10/15, 96yrds is better than Plummer.

How many mistakes did Jake make last night??

go check out the Bronco's board the day after they lost the AFC Championship game(can you believe David said National Championship game?? lol)

There were a lot of guys lining up to kick Jake in the gnads........
Old 08-28-2006   #5
SESupergenius

Jake Plummer reminded me of Neil O'Donnell that game. Still, Plummer is very good in that offense, just as Carr will be.
Old 08-28-2006   #6
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Yeah, Um, this is what a lot of people were saying last preseason. The offense is what you saw last night. We know it can be affective with the right QB and obviously Carr is not the right QB for this offense.
3rd game in the preseason.

Read this summary:

Wiki on Plummer

The similarities are pretty interesting to me.
Old 08-28-2006   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

The only saving grace is from a statistical measure, but in my own opinion observations tell everything.

Take a look at Plummer's stats in each game his first pre season with Denver.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/schedule/DEN/2004
Old 08-28-2006   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think you are premature on that statement. At the midpoint of this season I'm going to make a call on that myself but I just don't believe you can say without a doubt that Carr isn't going to get any better at this before we even get out of the preseason games.

Week 8 maybe, preseason week 3? I don't think that's reasonable at all.

And yeah, I see things that concern me. I think you give him the regular season games to see what you really have here. At some point I may very well say "David Carr didn't work out and we need a QB" but if and when I finally say that I'm going to be absolutely positive I'm right and I won't be changing my mind or trying to jump back on any bandwagon. Not saying you are (you've been real consistent about hating Carr's game for some time)
Old 08-28-2006   #9
afcman
Veteran

If the broncos get smart they will play Cutler. Mark my words....he's one to watch. I'm from TN now living in TX and still watch the Vols and Vanderbilt. My Mom's a big Titans fan and I told her, "You guys should pick Cutler not Young." during the draft. I knew we weren't going to get him.
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #10
SESupergenius

Cutler looked the calmest of all the QB's on the field. He just looks like he has "it". Lienart seems to be doing a good job too.
Old 08-28-2006   #11
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
Cutler looked the calmest of all the QB's on the field. He just looks like he has "it". Lienart seems to be doing a good job too.
And that is the frustrating part SES for the people who have been on Carr for years and then see a new back up pick up a new scheme and look poised. This is just communicating some people's emotions and does not try to take your words and flip to them to anti-Carr.
Old 08-28-2006   #12
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Probably because Cutler's team was overmatched and he was under pressure though most of his college career. Good training if you live through it.
Old 08-28-2006   #13
texflex513
All Pro

SNAKES IN A CARR??
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #14
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

I think Kubes will start the Qb that gives the team the best chance for a win. If that is Carr, great. If that is Sage , great. If it ain't Sage, then the coach picked the wrong guy. Carr isn't the same. Most NFL people that we were made aware of prior to the draft thought Carr could take the team to SB. Kubiac would have been a fool to dump Carr in a trade. I also think Carr should be looking better. I do not think Sage can be compared until after the last game of pre as he is to play a lot against 1st & with his 1st. McNair handed Qubes the reins. I will let him make call without my boos for at least a few games into the season. I repeat, I think Carr has to play better and I think he will.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #15
fastpitchwoof
Rookie

Quote:
Carr is going to be fine. Will he be the #1 QB in the league? I doubt it. He doesn't have to be. All Carr need to do is run the offense. I believe he will be able to do this.

Let's look at what happened last night. About as bad a start as possible. Most people would have just crumbled. I was depressed after the interception. I told my son, "Well, thats it. He's done. He won't make another good decision for the rest of the night." What did he do? Nothing but lead the team on a 70 yard 16 play drive that should have ended in 7. Penalties screwed the drive. Even though we only got 3 points I then was impressed with how Carr regrouped himself and got the team going. This was some mental toughness that not everybody has. How many other QBs would have just seemingly erased the horrid start and drove the team down the field like that. Brady, Farve, Palmer, Rothlisburger, Manning (ugh) maybe a few others. How about Plummer? Nope. Culpepper? Maybe. Bledsoe? Doubt it.

My point here is not to say that Carr is a Brady or a Palmer or a Manning but he does have something to work with. Remember Kubiak advised that the Texans should sign Carr to that extension. Most believe that Kubiak knows what he doing so I am going to give Kubiak and Carr a chance to make it work before I pass judgement.
Old 08-28-2006   #16
afcman
Veteran

Quote:
I am going to give Kubiak and Carr a chance to make it work before I pass judgement.
Yep, me too. (For this season)
Old 08-28-2006   #17
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I think you are premature on that statement. At the midpoint of this season I'm going to make a call on that myself but I just don't believe you can say without a doubt that Carr isn't going to get any better at this before we even get out of the preseason games.

Week 8 maybe, preseason week 3? I don't think that's reasonable at all.

And yeah, I see things that concern me. I think you give him the regular season games to see what you really have here. At some point I may very well say "David Carr didn't work out and we need a QB" but if and when I finally say that I'm going to be absolutely positive I'm right and I won't be changing my mind or trying to jump back on any bandwagon. Not saying you are (you've been real consistent about hating Carr's game for some time)
My sentiments exactly. I haven't given up on Carr yet, but I may also agree later this year that "David Carr didn't work out and we need a QB", but not yet.
Old 08-28-2006   #18
fastpitchwoof
Rookie

Hey afcman is that an Eddie Van Halen guitar?? He was one the best ever.
Old 08-28-2006   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I've seen that he understands it...... but I haven't seen that he has it.......
Old 08-28-2006   #20
afcman
Veteran

Quote:
Hey afcman is that an Eddie Van Halen guitar?? He was one the best ever.
Yeah,...... still is. Just too bad he's run everybody away from him. It's really sad.

(But back to the game...... )

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read