Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2004   #1
dredge
Rookie

Default JJ Moses--I was wrong

I was one of the ones in the many JJ threads that thought he should have been cut to make better use of his roster spot. One game does not make a season, but it loks like I was wrong. It was not so much that I wanted JJ gone, but to keep Starling. I'm glad they did both. Kudos to those that stuck by there guns to keep JJ.

PS- I like my crow well done.
dredge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #2
ghostlight
All Pro

Rep Power: 201 ghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respected

Good post! I read the threads about JJ and wondered how it would play out. As you said one game does not make a season however it sets the pace for us to improve on. Fumbles is my concern.
Old 09-12-2004   #3
texans
Veteran

i think we all ow him a apalogie
texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #4
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4103 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Sure handed JJ was a big bright spot. He gave us good field position time and time again. They have a nice rookie kicker but he couldn't put in the end zone. On the other hand Kris Brown's leg looked stronger on kickoffs than I can ever remember.
Old 09-12-2004   #5
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

His head looked a little stronger than reported also.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #6
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4103 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
His head looked a little stronger than reported also.
Yes, thank goodness for that.
Old 09-12-2004   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Ditto for me. I was looking at his roster spot and trying to decide who I'd rather see get it. JJ deserved it and I was wrong too.
Old 09-12-2004   #8
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Well anyone who wanted JJ to lose their spot won't be alone in their crow eating. All of us who thought this would be a win for the Texans had better prepare to eat a full plate of crow as well. Perhaps we can make a contest out of it.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #9
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 684 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Moses Wrecked Shop Today...Hopefully This Carries On Throughout The Season...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ is the man!!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #11
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Coast Playa
hey, hes a keeper. got us in great position to win this game. sorry peeps...
True that he had a good return but we just couldnt capitalize on it and it cost us. i think he averaged like 34 yrds per return.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #12
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 18 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans
i think we all ow him a apalogie
And I am one of them. Please forgive us JJ.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #13
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I'll admit I wanted him cut in preseason. He definitely impressed me yesterday. My biggest gripe is that he hasn't (until yesterday) been able to duplicate his preseason production in regular season games. He didn't merit taking up two roster spots last year IMO. I'm going to wait a few games until I apologize. I hope he keeps it up.

*edit* apparently I cannot spell apologize
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #14
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 14 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

During the offseason I thought the Texans needed to upgrade the return game (especially on punts), but didn't know if Moses was at fault or if the blocking should be blamed. After yesterday's game, I am starting to think that the blocking on returns needs to improve. Moses made the most of his opportunities, but there were a couple of times on kickoffs when he didn't have much of a chance because of blocking breakdowns.

I think the Texans need to put more of an emphasis on return blocking.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #15
Low Life
Rookie

Default I don't understand...

Seeing what he did for us last season which is what i believe to be his rookie season and what he did for our position the few times that he ran back the ball in preseason, how could that many people be haters? Did you all play in the NFL? Are you all analysts? He has always been a solid player for us and I can't think of one fumble!! Maybe somebody can explain this to me. Just hoping to understand why anybody wouldn't want this guy on our team.

Last edited by Low Life; 09-13-2004 at 10:14 AM. Reason: double typed a word.
Low Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #16
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

J.J. did a great job...we just couldn't capitalize on it when we needed to unfortunately.
Old 09-13-2004   #17
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

I wasn't a J.J. supporter last season, and I wasn't in the preseason but he definitely deserves props for his performance. He played awesome today, he's consistent and he gives us great field position all game long.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004   #18
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

i was one of the guilty ones that wanted him cut. i appogize JJ keep up the good work!!
Old 09-13-2004   #19
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

also checking in with my props to JJ after I dogged him, but KEEP IT UP
Old 09-13-2004   #20
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainPatriot

I am with you! I road him off also during preseason. There was another returner they cut can't remember his name. I like the way he returned st8 up the middle make 1 cut and go! JJ plays with alot of HEART! He gave us great field postion.
He is no Dante Hall but then again Dante didn't run 1 back either yesterday against Denver.

I like my crow medium well

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredge
I was one of the ones in the many JJ threads that thought he should have been cut to make better use of his roster spot. One game does not make a season, but it loks like I was wrong. It was not so much that I wanted JJ gone, but to keep Starling. I'm glad they did both. Kudos to those that stuck by there guns to keep JJ.

PS- I like my crow well done.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read