Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-28-2006   #1
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL.com preview of the Texans 2006

Interesting criticism, they are trying to mention the potential of the Texans, but just can't quite get there.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/trainingcamp/HOU

I agree with some of it, as it is based on statistics, just see us suprising alot of people, and pulling off a good year.
Old 08-28-2006   #2
BlueThunder
Veteran

Right now the Texans are at number 11 overall on my board!

Offense #6
Defense #12

I'm still working on ST stats and that could be the difference of the playoffs

The main concern I have other then special teams is the enability for our first team offense to start fast with consistant drives,hold on to the ball and score points.Most new offenses i've seen installed for their first year have this problem.This first team needs major work still if they want to get ahead of the 8 ball.I am proud of this team for the way they have tollally turned it around in just 3 months.This team is going to get better as the year goes on.

11 WILDCARD

Last edited by BlueThunder; 08-28-2006 at 01:37 AM.
BlueThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #3
veazeyt
Rookie

The article mentions, Mario will do great things as long as he holds up mentally.

How does a player lose out mentally?

Or how often does someone bust because they are mentally inept?

I realize that some might see the answer is obvious, but can someone ellaborate?
veazeyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #4
AggieTexanFan
Rookie

Mental=Think Ryan Leaf

Had the skills, but not mentally all there
AggieTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #5
Smash_Mouth_Mario
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Smash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder
Right now the Texans are at number 11 overall on my board!

Offense #6
Defense #12

I'm still working on ST stats and that could be the difference of the playoffs

The main concern I have other then special teams is the enability for our first team offense to start fast with consistant drives,hold on to the ball and score points.Most new offenses i've seen installed for their first year have this problem.This first team needs major work still if they want to get ahead of the 8 ball.I am proud of this team for the way they have tollally turned it around in just 3 months.This team is going to get better as the year goes on.

11 WILDCARD
NFL stats only has 2 games. I'll wait until they update it later but our defense is very good...Our rushing is good. Our scoring is good. But our passing is not.

http://nfl.com/stats/teamsort/AFC/OFF-RUSHING/2006/pre

Houston Texans Big Mistake - Ha ha! NOT!

Last edited by Smash_Mouth_Mario; 08-28-2006 at 02:34 AM.
Smash_Mouth_Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #6
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I didn't get to see the last game against the Broncos, but listened to most of it over the internet. It seemed like we had trouble getting it in the endzone on offense. On defense we sounded pretty tough. We need to score like we did the first 2 games, and I agree our passing attack is seriously lagging behind at this point.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read