Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-27-2006   #1
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Default poorly officiated game

Was I only one saw 87 of Denver grab our DB and hold him so they could complete a pass on 4th and 1. Which had it been called Denver would be punting. I saw numerous pass interference calls UNCALLED, I heard NFL Network mouthpieces keep claiming were clean plays.

I don't know am I only one worried if officials blowing these easy calls in THIRD week of preaseason (with only 1 preseason game left) how many will they blow on us in week #1...HELP!!!
Old 08-27-2006   #2
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Default Ed Hoculi Denver MVP

I heard ad nauseum, how officials getting themselves ready for NFL season, I am sorry when you blow calls that you have been making for last 10-12 years....NO EXCUSES.

Ed I was watching how 97 shifted over and leaned in BUT was not lined up over center...but good ol "Blown call " Hoculi. Ed let me help you he wasn't lined up OVER the center, he lined up to one side and helmet was near center but in no way interfered with center's snap...

I could go on and on on all the calls blown that cost Texans field position and ultimately the game, but enough of that Ed Hoculi Denver Broncos voted you the game ball they said "we couldn't have won this game without Ed Hoculi and his crew":brickwall
Old 08-27-2006   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Its just a preseason game..

I'm actually glad the Texans lost a close one, it will be better in the long run.

I don't wanting them going into the season with a 4-0 preseason record with big heads. Its good they get a little taste of defeat, now lets hope they practice hard.

My favorite part of the game was when the offense looked like crap on the first two drives, then it showed a shot of Kubiak on the sidelines with them huddled up around him, while he was chewing some .......... I've never seen that kinda emotion out of Capers in 4 years.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe the camera angle was bad on NFL Network, but the play where Peek and someone had Plummer high and low and he ditched it next to a Texan looked like an obvious and uncalled intentional grounding.

I have never liked Ed Hochely or however you spell his name.
Old 08-28-2006   #5
bigfan77801
Plebian

Rep Power: 376 bigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well. it was Ed Hockely(how do you spell his name?)
We all know he doesn't like Houston :brickwall
bigfan77801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #6
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

I think it's Hoculi.

In any case, yes it really did seem like a lot of the penalty calls were questionable - at least the ones that made scoreboard difference, anyhow.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #7
Smash_Mouth_Mario
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Smash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb

I'm actually glad the Texans lost a close one, it will be better in the long run.

I don't wanting them going into the season with a 4-0 preseason record with big heads. Its good they get a little taste of defeat, now lets hope they practice hard.

My favorite part of the game was when the offense looked like crap on the first two drives, then it showed a shot of Kubiak on the sidelines with them huddled up around him, while he was chewing some .......... I've never seen that kinda emotion out of Capers in 4 years.
He was pissed!

Houston Texans Big Mistake - Ha ha! NOT!
Smash_Mouth_Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-28-2006   #8
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Maybe the camera angle was bad on NFL Network, but the play where Peek and someone had Plummer high and low and he ditched it next to a Texan looked like an obvious and uncalled intentional grounding.

I have never liked Ed Hochely or however you spell his name.
Same here. I was sitting there waiting for the call. He was already getting tackled and then Peek got in there and he threw it right before he got down. That was a blown call in my mind.
Old 08-28-2006   #9
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb

Ditto

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #10
Divebomb
Veteran

I know for a fact I saw the words 'bull #$%^" come out of Kubiaks mouth on the interception play, he was also saying offence huddle up on the bench. I think the called holding on Spencer was B.S. the ball was already in the air by the time he held the guy and in all actuality 99% of the OL for Denver were holding Mario on every play. Well this is what happens when you are 2-14, the guys will just have to fight threw it. I love our Defence, Mario was awsome, Ryans is legit, and Traves Johnson WOW he kicked that @$$ tonight he looked like he has got it for sure. I loved his play.
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read