Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-27-2006   #1
Divebomb
Veteran

Default Preseason Week 3 Inevitable QB Thread

Holding on to the ball to long, to scared to throw the ball deep, hesitant to pull the trigger. This guy sucks!
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #2
Divebomb
Veteran

Way to go Carr, anyone rooting for this guy is out of there dang mind! He does not read the field he sucks he is a waste of time.
Old 08-27-2006   #3
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divebomb
Holding on to the ball to long, to scared to throw the ball deep, hesitant to pull the trigger. This guy sucks!
Now tell me how you really feel.
Old 08-27-2006   #4
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

all of you are crazy its the system not Carr.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #5
afcman
Veteran

When will enough be enough? This is why I would have liked to have seen us pick up a QB in the draft just to give Carr a kick.

Kind of like Jacksonville.....I've never been impressed with Leftwitch (sp?) but they keep holding on to him as their main QB.
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #6
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default David should retire......

I love Carr as a person, I believe he is a good man, has great character, and is a class at, but unfortunately, he's terrified. Usually, when QB's have fear in the back of their minds, their career is over. Everything that is being shown thus far, is the same response David had last year in the pocket. Dumping off to the RB's and TE's is not going to cut it. I realize that we are going against Denver that runs a similar offense to us, but Denver manager to get at least one drive going......oops almost every drive. Put Sage in and see what the guy can do. I'm convinced the offense will take an entire new look.
Old 08-27-2006   #7
afcman
Veteran

A good QB can make good out of a bad system.
Sponsored links
Old 08-27-2006   #8
pittbull
All Pro

Default wait....

three completions in a row!!! Sorry folks, just extreme frustration early in the season.....I can't go through another 2005!
Old 08-27-2006   #9
Txnpride
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts
all of you are crazy its the system not Carr.
Because we are playing the against the same system our coach is from????
Txnpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #10
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txnpride
Because we are playing the against the same system our coach is from????

im being sarcastic trying my best imitation of a david carr homer.
Old 08-27-2006   #11
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Yah he has looked bad enough that it makes me question his ability to lead this team.

What I hate most about his performance is that I know every jackhole on this board that despises Carr is getting thier lame sarcastic comments ready..and we are gonna hear a bunch of negative and useless bull**** for the rest of the week.

This isnt gonna be a very fun board this week.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #12
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Way to go Carr, anyone rooting for this guy is out of there dang mind! He does not read the field he sucks he is a waste of time.
If you aren't rooting for our starting QB to play well, then you aren't that good of a fan.

Carr looked horrible. Yes.

I won't make excuses for him. Frankly I don't care who plays QB for us as long as they produce. I just don't think we should be rooting against any of our guys.

I expect them to give him a chance in the regular season. If he looks like this after game three. I expect him to be holding a clip board and watching Sage run the offense.

GO TEXANS
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #13
pittbull
All Pro

Default Sorry Dave

Sorry Dave, you know I love ya man.....just looked bad in the first 25 minutes!
Old 08-27-2006   #14
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

If we had Vince Young we'd be up by 6 touchdowns .... oh wait we didn't have the ball 6 times ..... no matter
Old 08-27-2006   #15
afcman
Veteran

I really hope Carr gets his act together....but if he don't then we shouldn't hold on to him. He's had MORE than enough time to get it together and that's what bothers me. It ain't all the fault of past coaching. Someone like Manning and Brady will improve no matter what.
Old 08-27-2006   #16
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm
If we had Vince Young we'd be up by 6 touchdowns .... oh wait we didn't have the ball 6 times ..... no matter

may be not but at least vince would have and excuse he could use the famous im a rookie line some qb's 5 years in to the league cant.

but if we had reggie bush he would of scored 3 touchdowns for sure.
Old 08-27-2006   #17
K.D.
Veteran

I'm watching play-by-play on nfl.com, what happened at the end of the half, we were driving but no info on what happened.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #18
Divebomb
Veteran

He threw one deep, holy crap!!! Almost got it to. Carr has to start trusting his recievers more. On that last drive he looked like that was the case hemade some tight coverage throws and our guys made some great catches. That is all he has to do, throw the ball to our guys, trust in them, let them make the plays! Kubiak must have said throw the ball, regardless of tight coverage.
Old 08-27-2006   #19
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42267 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kinda like reading this post.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #20
texflex513
All Pro

I too am frustrated guys but lets wait until kubiak decides to pull the plug he is giving david every oportunity in a NEW SYSTEM i might add... If carr doesnt get it soon coach will sit him im sure.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read