Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-27-2006   #1
AUSTexan
Rookie

Default Ryans is all over the place!!

I know some of you guys have been high on Demeco for a while now... I've been a bit reserved about a rookie starting at Mike, since so many calls come through...

I've got to say, though... he's playing lights out so far today - he's all over the place!
AUSTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #2
Divebomb
Veteran

Too bad the looks like crap
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #3
jniner
Rookie

yea he looks real good. All over the place and reading the run well.
jniner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #4
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniner
yea he looks real good. All over the place and reading the run well.
meco meco meco
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #5
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default 8 tackles......

The dude is a monster! 8 tackles in the first half alone!!!!
Old 08-27-2006   #6
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittbull
The dude is a monster! 8 tackles in the first half alone!!!!

Defensive Rookie of the Year in the making...
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #7
Eagles78
Rookie

At least he's been playing well unlike that other defensive guy they drafted...and dont give me this its not all about the sacks and tackles im watching the game Williams has done nothing and the fact that its preseason doesnt excuse him from playing poorly. Nice pick with Ryans though
Eagles78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-27-2006   #8
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Ryans looks like the #1 pick lol
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #9
bigtex77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles78
At least he's been playing well unlike that other defensive guy they drafted...and dont give me this its not all about the sacks and tackles im watching the game Williams has done nothing and the fact that its preseason doesnt excuse him from playing poorly. Nice pick with Ryans though
It's not all about the sacks, besides, it's only preseason. Now will you go back to your own board?
Old 08-27-2006   #10
WILLIEG
Veteran

Ryans and everyone else on the defense are steadily improving every game!
WILLIEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #11
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex77
It's not all about the sacks, besides, it's only preseason. Now will you go back to your own board?
What he said ... Don't go away mad, just go away.
Old 08-27-2006   #12
WILLIEG
Veteran

Hey guys, is it just me or does it seem like people are stating to worry about us, because Ive never seen this many trolls on our MB.
WILLIEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #13
Jwwillis
All Pro

The Texans made "The Master Mind" sweat a little today. It was fun to watch. You could tell Shanahan was pissed he wasn't blowing the Texans out by 30. He wasnt kidding when he said "Those guys have a good team over there." Eagles are going down!
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

DeMeco ROY bandwagon starts here. All aboard

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #15
whiskeyrbl

Meco was awesome tonite. And Eagles Fan Mario did just fine. In the backfield a few times. And if I'm not mistaken when Peek and Ryans got to Plummer untouched wasn't that because there were 2-3 guys on Mario? Give it time the best is yet to come.
Old 08-27-2006   #16
bigtex77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny

I've been on it since the draft, I would have been a Demeco fan regardless of who drafted him, so I was thrilled when he fell to us. He looks like a stud.
Old 08-27-2006   #17
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Quote:

Where do I get a ticket? =) Linebackers are a good bet to win Defensive MVP, if Mario doesn't take away too many votes he could win it.
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #18
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm cracking up at the guy who told me Ryans was unsuited for MLB and not likely to crack the starting lineup.
Old 08-27-2006   #19
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Wanted to start this thread myself but you beat me to it.

I FINALLY see a game and FINALLY see what all the fuss is about. The whole first half was Ryans on tackle, Ryans on tackle, Ryans on tackle. If he wasn't actually bringing the guy down he was within a few feet of the play.

Like I said in another thread, I have finally found a player worth spending the cash on for a jersey.

Freaking monster that guy is. AND just a rookie.

I was damn near screaming like a chick at a Beatles concert.

:bananasplit:
Old 08-27-2006   #20
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

As for DROy, I'm starting to like Antonio Cromartie, since he's on one of my FF teams(just picked up Ryans and traded for Mario, though) and apparently, Cromartie has looked good in practice.

In this day, coaches and scouts are putting too much emphasis on the combine and not looking at the player for what he is: a player. Lofa Tatupu last year and DeMeco Ryans this year, two talented linebackers who dropped because of concerns of speed or size. It's not how fast you tackle the ball carrier, its just that you hit him, and hit him hard. Heck, Morlon Greenwood is fast and he isn't quite a Pro Bowl LB.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read