Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-27-2006   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 201352 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default E-specially S-tupid P-undit N-erds

I think I just heard the most stupid commentary I’ve ever heard spew from the mouth of an ESPN commentator. Faulk just a few minutes ago on the Pregame Show was harping on how the Texans screwed up because a RB will always be more valuable to a team than a DE. His counterpart (surprisingly enough) defended the Mario pick for “need.” He pointed out that Kub has historically proved that a RB can be plugged into the SYSTEM. Faulk then comes out with the winner words of wisdom.................”If the SYSTEM is all you needed, then you wouldn’t need players.” When questioned what the heck he meant by that, he repeated, ”If the SYSTEM is all you needed, then you wouldn’t need players.”
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #2
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

You need the players but I agree kubiak can fit RB's into a system and make it work...He will do it again I beleive
Old 08-27-2006   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger
I think I just heard the most stupid commentary I’ve ever heard spew from the mouth of an ESPN commentator. Faulk just a few minutes ago on the Pregame Show was harping on how the Texans screwed up because a RB will always be more valuable to a team than a DE. His counterpart (surprisingly enough) defended the Mario pick for “need.” He pointed out that Kub has historically proved that a RB can be plugged into the SYSTEM. Faulk then comes out with the winner words of wisdom.................”If the SYSTEM is all you needed, then you wouldn’t need players.” When questioned what the heck he meant by that, he repeated, ”If the SYSTEM is all you needed, then you wouldn’t need players.”
I was watching Faulk with Mariucci on NFL Network.
Old 08-27-2006   #4
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Of course Kubiak's system is an insult to a gifted running back, because Kubiak says we can do what you do most of the time with someone who is somewhat above average. All they have to do is find the hole. No, we won't have the break away threat as a whole, but we will be able to plug a number of backs into the system if someone gets hurt. Yes, it makes running backs less valueable as a whole.

The game continues to change rapidly, because of the size, speed and quickness of the defensive players. Containment is becoming a very big thing. Getting around the DE is becoming harder and harder. White would be a great player in Kubiak's system, not Bush.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #5
Smash_Mouth_Mario
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Smash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVP

Quote:
Faulk then comes out with the winner words of wisdom.................”If the SYSTEM is all you needed, then you wouldn’t need players.” When questioned what the heck he meant by that, he repeated, ”If the SYSTEM is all you needed, then you wouldn’t need players.”
Yeah, and Rich Isen said that he hope that Mario gets 3 sacks so Falk can try to defend his statments.

Then, Falk says, "It wont matter. It's only pre-season."

LOL! Falk was just being a dolt.

Houston Texans Big Mistake - Ha ha! NOT!
Smash_Mouth_Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #6
Smash_Mouth_Mario
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Smash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
Of course Kubiak's system is an insult to a gifted running back, because Kubiak says we can do what you do most of the time with someone who is somewhat above average. All they have to do is find the hole. No, we won't have the break away threat as a whole, but we will be able to plug a number of backs into the system if someone gets hurt. Yes, it makes running backs less valueable as a whole.

The game continues to change rapidly, because of the size, speed and quickness of the defensive players. Containment is becoming a very big thing. Getting around the DE is becoming harder and harder. White would be a great player in Kubiak's system, not Bush.
Bingo.

Houston Texans Big Mistake - Ha ha! NOT!
Smash_Mouth_Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #7
AUSTexan
Rookie

Quote:
I've heard very little from Mr. Faulk that actually was intelligent...
AUSTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-27-2006   #8
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Faulk is clueless lol He is just thinking back to when he was a young RB.... He is a RB HOMER.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #9
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

God forbid anyone having a different opinion. Look, I hate coming on this MB seeing unlimited rants stating, "Look What Happened to So and So in "X" Game Last Night So They Were the Right/Wrong Pick". The F'ing draft is over, ok. Personally, I don't care what anyone has to say (draft) about it (pro or con). The only difference between them (ESPN) and you (whoever started this thread or various others like this one), ESPN as an avenue by which to say it on a nation level. It does not make them right. Nor does it make them wrong. Settle down people.
Old 08-27-2006   #10
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And one more thing, if you are going to talk about someone at least know who they work for! Faulk (NFL Network)
Old 08-27-2006   #11
Divebomb
Veteran

Faulk is a has been.
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #12
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Faulk will always defened his former position.

Also, he will always claim it isn't the system, because many credit much of Faulks success to Mike Martz system. Same reason T. Davis never gives too much credit to the Denver system because it deminishes his individual accomplishments.

Watching our defense play I think we made a GREAT draft pick.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #13
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Rosenfels Is Still Our Man....

oops... wrong thread...
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #14
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
oops... wrong thread...

we just punted
Old 08-27-2006   #15
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

That's weird ... I was pretty sure Faulk was one of the guys defending the Mario pick on NFL Network not long back ... either one of us has the wrong guy, or he's got a personality disorder.
Old 08-27-2006   #16
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim

Quote:
Thats the old cliche' 'Playing the game on paper', Doc. Unfortunatley for him, it's still played on grass.
Old 08-27-2006   #17
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:

Qualifications for ESPN analyst

1) Big mouth
2) Little or no knowledge
3) Brain on disconnect
4) inflated self-worth of opinions

Michael Irvin did same thing 1st day of draft "How stupid do you have to be you can't win without offense, defense is meaningless offesne is only thing that matters" Tom Jackson asked about phrase "Defense wins championships".

Irvin started talking crazy and I noticed rest of hosts looked like if Tom got out of his chair they were out of it, they did shut Irvin up and move on. I personally having heard WAY TOO MUCH of his ignorant mouth..wanted Jackson to punch him.
Old 08-27-2006   #18
cbnjwill
Veteran

Default boy you guys dont like hearing a different opion

man it amazes me how upset some of you get when their are people who dont agree with some of the texans decisions or like some of their players. you can be a fan of a team and not like everything they do. it seems like most peope in this message believe everything the organiztion does or says is the right thing. alot of you sound like robots who must be on the texans payroll because all i read is how defense wins championships and mario was a great pick and kubiak can make every rb look good. yes terrel davis was a sixth round pick but they also used high draft picks on rb's as well. portis second round tatum bell second round heck they evern used a third round pick on maurice clarrett.im a huge texans fan but i will be the first to admit they are doing something wrong. its good to see the positives but dont let it blind you from the truth. shoot theres alot of people who think david carr is a really good qb, come on guys wake up and smell reality. my only hope for carr is he can be an average qb but dont really see that either. man did we keep our receipt on that 8million bonus i want a refund
cbnjwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #19
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
oops... wrong thread...
I think the WONGER NEED SAGE...
Old 08-27-2006   #20
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbnjwill
man it amazes me how upset some of you get when their are people who dont agree with some of the texans decisions or like some of their players. you can be a fan of a team and not like everything they do. it seems like most peope in this message believe everything the organiztion does or says is the right thing. alot of you sound like robots who must be on the texans payroll because all i read is how defense wins championships and mario was a great pick and kubiak can make every rb look good. yes terrel davis was a sixth round pick but they also used high draft picks on rb's as well. portis second round tatum bell second round heck they evern used a third round pick on maurice clarrett.im a huge texans fan but i will be the first to admit they are doing something wrong. its good to see the positives but dont let it blind you from the truth. shoot theres alot of people who think david carr is a really good qb, come on guys wake up and smell reality. my only hope for carr is he can be an average qb but dont really see that either. man did we keep our receipt on that 8million bonus i want a refund
I personally just trust the coach.... compared to never having trust in the previous coach..

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read