Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-27-2006   #1
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover
Default Fullback solution

I have the solution for our fullback problem. Super Mario can play fullback on offense! How would you like to have him blocking for you?
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 145631 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't know the Texans had a fullback problem?

I wouldn't mind bringing in Super Mario to play TE on goal line situations. At 6'7" with a 40" vertical, Carr could throw it at the crossbar and Williams could probably snag it (there's a lob pass to the Carr bashers).
Old 08-27-2006   #3
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

While he may be big enough to play FB he cannot catch. The reason they are trying a TE at the spot is because they are supposed to be able to do both block and catch. Its a great idea if it works. Just I think to play FB in this league you have to almost be nuts.
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #4
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotCommander
While he may be big enough to play FB he cannot catch. The reason they are trying a TE at the spot is because they are supposed to be able to do both block and catch. Its a great idea if it works. Just I think to play FB in this league you have to almost be nuts.
Actually if you read the following link he played WR,TE and RB in high school. His hands weren't the best at that time, but I suspect they might be better now. You might laugh, but the guy has done a lot.

http://www.jdnews.com/SiteProcessor....Section=Sports
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #5
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ah, please NO! I want him to sack the QB & be disruptive on D. NOT to pull or block for a RB! This is just plain silly, plus the chances of him gettin' hurt increases!:brickwall
Old 08-27-2006   #6
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom17
Ah, please NO! I want him to sack the QB & be disruptive on D. NOT to pull or block for a RB! This is just plain silly, plus the chances of him gettin' hurt increases!:brickwall
I think it would be a bad idea also because of the injuries...I was thinkin though go with a 2 TE set with him as 1 of the TE's ...That would make the D think were going with him because the fact he got moved therefore him gettin extra coverage and then hit JP or BJ...Just an idea!
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #7
LBblitz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom17
plus the chances of him gettin' hurt increases!:brickwall
enough said. period.
Old 08-27-2006   #8
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Hows jameel cook doing?
Old 08-27-2006   #9
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
Hows jameel cook doing?
This has not been a 'strong' position in camp, and the 'jury' is still out on Cook--several posters have indicated the team is disappointed with his blocking, which had been considered a strong point when the team signed him. Too, a TE will probally make the team as a back-up FB/HB...
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read