Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-27-2006   #1
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Redskin Game

Did anyone hear Riggins and... Lundquist(?)'s comments during the Redskin/Patriot game about the Texans?

They were going over the Redskin's early schedule and Lundquist said that he thought the Skins were going to go 4-1 in their first 5 games. Riggins response was that as bad as they've looked against the Pats that he was hoping for 1-4.

Then... they started talking about the Texans.

Riggins said that we were going to be much improved this year and that Kubiak is going to be a good coach. Lundquist said that the Skins were definitely winning that game and we weren't going to be THAT improved. Riggins checked the schedule and saw it was a home game for the Skins and mentioned that. Lundquist said that he didn't care if they played the game in a field somewehre, there was no way the Skins were losing to the Texans.

And, you know, you can't really blame them but it's going to be sweet kicking they butts in they own house.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #2
flylikeaneagle
Veteran

I hope the Texans do beat them. That would be great.
flylikeaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylikeaneagle
I hope the Texans do beat them. That would be great.
Regardless of all the smack being talked in the Eagle's threads, the Texan's D really is much better. We can get pressure just rushing our 4 down linemen and they've been better against the run. (Of course, there was nowhere to go but up against the run after last season.) The Chefs had some success just running up the gut on us with LJ but a lot of that was Ryan's over pursuing and the fact that we were using Weaver in the middle. I think the coaches have that worked out.

From what I've seen with the Redskins so far, they are not "getting" Al Saunders' offense. Against the Patriots, their offensive line looked like our line looked last year. Brunell's not going to be able to take that much punishment. I think the Iggles are going to sweep the Skins this year.

Regardless of the pre-season hype and the strong finish last year, I think the Skins are a very beatable team.
Old 08-27-2006   #4
gwallaia

Rep Power: 68496 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The Redskins play in Houston this season.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #5
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

It will take time for our line to learn to play together but if we beat the redskins maybe we can add points to earning our respect around the NFL
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #6
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
Yep. I recall seeing them on the schedule and getting amped up about it. Then I saw it was IN Houston. Not so amped anymore, but at least that's one game for SURE that will be on t.v. up here.

I want to watch it at home but may go somewhere to see it just to hear 'skins fans moan and groan about their loss.
Old 08-27-2006   #7
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Yes watched the intire game and must say I can't wait to go to work on Monday and have a little fun at my co-workers expense. Washington looks BAAAAAAAD I know it preseason but I'm getting my licks in now. Hope the Texans put on a clinic tonight will be that much better to go in having our third win in preseason and Wash. o-3. Cant wait to hear the game to bad I have to deal with the Denver broadcaster.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-27-2006   #8
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

So after we beat the Eagles in the season opener, we will do them a favor and beat the Redskins when they come to Reliant. Sounds good to me.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
Hmmm.. I thought Riggins said they were playing at Fedex field. Ah, well, we'll have to beat the snot out of them in our house, then. C'est la vie.
Old 08-27-2006   #10
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

If they don't get Portis back soon, they are in deep doo. Brunell is terrible.

I watched that game earlier today and thought W for the Texans.

The Giants, Cowboys, and Eagles all look pretty dang good right now...
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #11
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Does 19-10 ring a bell, Verne?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck
Lundquist said that he didn't care if they played the game in a field somewehre, there was no way the Skins were losing to the Texans.
Being from Dallas, you'd think Lundquist would know better than to speak in absolutes regarding the Texans.
Old 08-27-2006   #12
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hahahahaha, I'm supposed to believe thier predictions when they cannot even read a schedule. Oooookay.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #13
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116440 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_VA
Yep. I recall seeing them on the schedule and getting amped up about it. Then I saw it was IN Houston. Not so amped anymore, but at least that's one game for SURE that will be on t.v. up here.

I want to watch it at home but may go somewhere to see it just to hear 'skins fans moan and groan about their loss.
I got all happy for a second, thinking I would to the game. I work never the 'skins stadium. Better luck next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read